The Great San Marino Challenge

First competitive win

View attachment 208062

finally the first win in a competitive match for San Marino. It had to be JB with the header from indirect free kick. Certainly not the prettiest game for the neutral fan, but after four ****** years I'll take that! Thanks Luxembourg

Couple problems with this:
1) Most of us are far enough in that restarting would be a waste, but it would be doable for new people if not for...
2) At the very end of my Serie B season (which is when this came up in discussion), I gave myself a tiny TV ($625 per year) contract just to see what would happen at the renewal date. On June 30th, now in Serie A, I got a TV contract for a whopping $1900 per season.

So if you start out with 0 in C2 (though I think you might have to start out with the minimum non-zero number, not sure), youd get about $15 in C1, $50 in SB, and maybe a couple hundred in Serie A. A far cry from the $17,000,000 you should get, unfortunately.

---
Addendum: The reason that this doesn't work as you expect is because this isn't the same as the league-wide TV contract. Starting with 0 in the Individual TV Deal box doesn't change the fact that the game will still prevent you from ever collecting money from the proper league-wide TV contracts. The two are separate entities, so there's no reason (from the game's perspective) for them to ever line up properly.

Ok then, i will give myself the contract you suggest when i get in Serie A ;) Thanks for a long and clarifying answer.

quick question ive done a san marino club team save,
currently: 2nd season promoted first season and top @ the winter break. scorza still scoring for fun (41 in 24), along with counago and mendy and assist king obrang (dutch winger) free transfer.
how long does it take to be offered the national job?

quick question ive done a san marino club team save,
currently: 2nd season promoted first season and top @ the winter break. scorza still scoring for fun (41 in 24), along with counago and mendy and assist king obrang (dutch winger) free transfer.
how long does it take to be offered the national job?

Well you won't be offered it outright since it's incredibly hard for the current Manager to get fired, so you have to create a placeholder Manager to take over and then retire him.

As for when you'll be able to get the job: It seems to work once you reach National rep (for your Manager, not the club, that is)

a quick tip for getting the manager role...
First make a manager to take over the u21 team, then you take that job. You will most likely get it, then you can try and get the National team job.
Worked for me...

Just achieved back to back promotions to SERIE B. Touch and go towards the end of the season but won the division!

153 before the win. Hungary is shockingly ranked 126th though so it won't be as much of a jump as I had hoped :(

EDIT: 129th after :D

Last edited:
About to start this challenge and do the BSN/S too CL one at the same time, any tips on what tactics to use, possibly some of FM-Base so I don't have to do any work myself or tips on how to get San Marino off the ground?

About to start this challenge and do the BSN/S too CL one at the same time, any tips on what tactics to use, possibly some of FM-Base so I don't have to do any work myself or tips on how to get San Marino off the ground?

Above anything else, sign Enzo Scorza before the first season because he will carry you to Serie B. As far as tactics, you could probably use whichever formation you like best and still get back to back promotions. I use Xenon's tactics for both the club and the national team and they are by far the most effective tactics I've tried.

Above anything else, sign Enzo Scorza before the first season because he will carry you to Serie B. As far as tactics, you could probably use whichever formation you like best and still get back to back promotions. I use Xenon's tactics for both the club and the national team and they are by far the most effective tactics I've tried.

Ok, decided just to do this seems quite fun.:)

finished a fantastic 2014/15 season, our first in Serie A

View attachment 208745View attachment 208742

not bad at all :)

most exciting prospect of 2015

View attachment 208750View attachment 208747

exciting young striker with very promising attributes and superb PA! scored on his debut and set a new record for youngest goalscorer. Obviously has dual nationality SM/Italian and is rejecting the call-up... for now...

more detailed season update coming soon in my story thread :p