The Great San Marino Challenge

All I know is that it is €900m split between the 20 clubs based on 40% equal, 5% last years finish, 15% for your finishes over the last 6 years, 15% for finishes between 1946 and 6 years ago and then 25% on fanbase (which is impossible to measure accurately IRL but in fm could be done on rep). (Source for this is Deloitte and Italian football websites)

So €18m as a base profit for each club. Then say €21m(most rep) down to €2m (lowest rep) for fanbase (based on rep as shown at end of each season) close as i could get to it using a calculator. Even If i leave out position for San Marino. I could pay a €20m-€40m lump sum into the club each year based on rep. Would help alot.

If anyone wants to work out the rest be my guest but it would be alot of effort each year for the sake of a bit of accuracy.

Just an idea but if you think we should play as it is I don't mind but adding the lump sum based on rep each year is an idea around the bug.

Last edited:
Someone sim a season with 20 managers in seria A and write down how much you get per position.. lol.

How does co-ownerships work? I'm aware that you start off with 3 players co-owned (Ferrero, Migani and Villanova) but how do you actually make use of the co-ownerships to make money?

I think all the other Serie A teams already get TV money properly, only SM don't. I wouldn't mess with the whole Serie A system of money, prizes etc. Is there a way to just assign a proper value to San Marino TV contracts and just make them the same as the other clubs?

I think all the other Serie A teams already get TV money properly, only SM don't. I wouldn't mess with the whole Serie A system of money, prizes etc. Is there a way to just assign a proper value to San Marino TV contracts and just make them the same as the other clubs?

Im sure there is an easy way before you start your game by reassigning a certain value but what I was proposing is you just give San Marino the basics of the lump sum (about 65% of the real money) each year yourself in FMRTE

Someone near to the start/end of the season, add a manager at the bottom, middle and top of serie A or with differing reputations and see what the divide in TV money is like off the bat,

If you guys can work out say what a newly promoted team, and a mid table team is likely to get, award that with an extra £100k, per season, per position. and £500k for winning or something similar.

Im sure there is an easy way before you start your game by reassigning a certain value but what I was proposing is you just give San Marino the basics of the lump sum (about 65% of the real money) each year yourself in FMRTE

right I hadn't understood anything XD. Wouldn't do that even if I could calculate the exact sum as other teams don't get all TV money in a day, they receive it through the season. I'm not familiar with FMRTE, is there a way to reassign that value to San Marino during the game? Otherwise I'd just keep playing with the bug.

@scotai: nothing you can do actually. But as you reach Serie B you'll notice other clubs will often make generous co-ownership offers if you have some decent young players. In first year of serie A I made around 10M euros just with co-ownerships (and even refused a couple more!)

right I hadn't understood anything XD. Wouldn't do that even if I could calculate the exact sum as other teams don't get all TV money in a day, they receive it through the season. I'm not familiar with FMRTE, is there a way to reassign that value to San Marino during the game? Otherwise I'd just keep playing with the bug.

@scotai: nothing you can do actually. But as you reach Serie B you'll notice other clubs will often make generous co-ownership offers if you have some decent young players. In first year of serie A I made around 10M euros just with co-ownerships (and even refused a couple more!)

They recieve a large lump sum and then they get money throughout the season as well. That is why i was leaving 35% of the TV money out as that could be the money they earn throughout the season and it means the help is lessened.
If you don't want it to happen it doesn't matter. It was just a suggestion :)

I'm in the processing a game till the end of season one and saving the game at 1 game remaining, i will then add every team in the serie A and list the table, and the amounts paid out to each for final position.

I'll then skip to the start of next season and see what each gets for TV rights.

**** why not. I kinda wanna see now, not that i need it but I;m kinda interested now.

meh dont know why i was fussed, 2 days into the transfer window and im not even worried about finances. just got over 4 mill offered for 2 players in co-ownership deals. 2.5 for coulibaly (probly spelt incorrectly) the young cf that i got from tottenham. and 1.5mill for a 17 y.o AM i got on a free transfer from international about 7 months ago. think ill accept ... keep em for two years at san marino then re-evaluate whether theyre worth keeping.

then rinse and repeat with other signings...

i mean i think the entire clubs worth at present is something miserable like 2 million xD

Last edited:
Just an idea but if you think we should play as it is I don't mind but adding the lump sum based on rep each year is an idea around the bug.

Better idea than adding a lump sum: Give yourself a TV deal or sponsorship contract each season worth whatever you calculate to be the correct amount. This ensures that 1) profit and revenues are accurate, and, more importantly, 2) you get money throughout the year.

If anyone finds a fair solution for the bug then feel free to use that even if it means using a real time editor. TV money is supposed to be a big part of this challenge (to improve facilities etc) especially when you have reached Serie A, so being robbed of that is particularly unfair. Really annoying considering that all was working fine in FM11.

With that said, co-ownerships can solve any problem in Serie A ;)

View attachment 206912

This is the best I can do with the numbers available: 30% Fan following 30% Prize money on league finish 40% split. Estimated £900,000,000.

Prize money + base £20,000,000 per club

1st 47m
2nd 44.5m
3rd 40.7m
4th 39.6m
5th 38m
6th 37.5m
7th 37.1m
8th 36.2m
9th 35.3m
10th 34.4m
11th 33.5m
12th 32.6m
13th 31.7m
14th 31.6m
15th 29.9m
16th 29m
17th 28.1m
18th 26.9m
19th 26m
20th 25.1m

These numbers are obviously estimates, but I can't imagine I'm far off.

Estimated TV money: £900,000,000[ish]

+ fan following money. based on rep?
1st 27m
2nd 22.5m
3rd 20.7m
4th 19.6m
5th 18m
6th 17.5m
7th 17.1m
8th 16.2m
9th 15.3m
10th 14.4m
11th 13.5m
12th 12.6m
13th 11.7m
14th 11.6m
15th 9.9m
16th 9m
17th 8.1m
18th 6.9m
19th 6m
20th 5.1m

What do you guys think about that? I know it kinda just looks like a bunch of random numbers but It's taken me ages to split it up into tiny fractions to share out! **** Italians and their complicated rules. The next question is, how do you pay it out? Lump sum? Because I cba to keep using FMRTE every month to give myself £3m or whatever. I like the sound of using a sponsorship but your position and rep will probably increase/decrease every season.. Hm. I've already been ripped off for one seasons TV money, I'm not starting my second season in Serie A until I know I won't be called a 'cheater ;)' for handing myself £30m

Last edited:
great researching job Andy, though 30M for the last/smaller club sounds a bit too much maybe? I'm not really sure of how the whole system works despite being (mostly) italian and living in italy!

I remember that in FM11 I had news at the start of every season "San Marino receive xM euros from TV rights"; it wasn't very much the first year in Serie A (around 10M euros, but would increase considerably every year as we improved club reputation and league position) and I'm sure there was no lump sum. Plus there was an additional prize money according to final position (which should still be present in FM12)

I'm not against the idea of using a real time editor for this specific bug, though it seems quite difficult to establish 1) how TV money exactly works IRL 2) how it is implemented in FM 3) how to use that information to correct the bug in a "fair" way.

great researching job Andy, though 30M for the last/smaller club sounds a bit too much maybe? I'm not really sure of how the whole system works despite being (mostly) italian and living in italy!

I remember that in FM11 I had news at the start of every season "San Marino receive xM euros from TV rights"; it wasn't very much the first year in Serie A (around 10M euros, but would increase considerably every year as we improved club reputation and league position) and I'm sure there was no lump sum. Plus there was an additional prize money according to final position (which should still be present in FM12)

I'm not against the idea of using a real time editor for this specific bug, though it seems quite difficult to establish 1) how TV money exactly works IRL 2) how it is implemented in FM 3) how to use that information to correct the bug in a "fair" way.

I have a feeling my calculations were wrong, the £900,000,000 was possibly to be split over two years, if that's the case then every value I've put up should be halved.. Which gives a more realistic estimate.

Most leagues give the teams the money over the course of a season, however, that's pretty impossible to implement through FMRTE, I think.

Can't they just patch it? ):

I know Juventus and teams like that were estimated to get €85m or something in TV money. They used to get €125m which was 70% of their income. In the Premier League United get about €50m (PL Only) but as sponsorship and gate money/merchandising is much more lucarative. TV money accounts for like 30%(including CL) of their income.

If you want I will have a look through the internet to see how it is doled out. This system was only brought in from 2010/2011 season onwards so the figures havent been released for last season yet. It used to be like the spanish system where each club bargained for the money.

EDIT: Looking at Andy's figures they look about right as the top club is 75m and the bottom is 30 which seems to be the impression i was getting yesterday when i was researching. anyone here have FMRTE see if there is a way of adding in a way of getting money each month?

Edit2: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...y-league-analysis-italian-clubs-are-losing-up I know its goal but it basically summarises the 40 page Deloitte pdf i read yesterday

Last edited:
http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom.../Estudios generales/Football Money League.pdf
There is the most recent FootballMoneyLeague pdf if anyone is interested in having a read. Italian TV deal is discussed in there somewhere.
A key point:
In principle there is agreement that revenue should be split 40:30:30, with 40% shared equally, 30% according to on-pitch performance and 30% according to the size of each clubs’ supporter base
and
Following a complex negotiation process collectively negotiated deals for the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons were agreed which are reportedly worth over €900m per annum.

Just trying to find out how it is distributed now.

Under the new regulations, 40% will be divided equally among the 20 Serie A clubs; 30% is based on number of fans (25%) and the population of the club’s city (5%); and 30% is based on past results (5% last season, 15% last 5 years, 10% from 1946 to the sixth season before last).

Still no luck as last seasons accounts wont be published for another few months yet. the best system would be maybe 30% lump sum at the end and the rest as a monthly payment using a one year sponsorship or something like that (Anyone that uses FMRTE regularly could tell us maybe)

Last edited:
I'm having a look on FMRTE now, the Individual TV rights are set at -€1 over a two year period. I've managed to change it to £66,400,000 [£33,200,000 per season] as that is what I achieved last season [17th in League, 20th highest rep]. Mines slightly off £33,200,000 because I tried converting it into euro's as I didn't realise you could change currency!

This hasn't gone through in a lump sum, I can only assume it will be done in monthly instalments.. I've gone on holiday to test it and see how it goes into my account. Hopefully this could be the fix we all want!

Also, I think the numbers I posted are probably the best we're going to get.. Unless somebody can find the exact scale set by the league.. Which I doubt.

EDIT: It's being paid in monthly instalments. Hallelujah. Seems I get £2.6m per month [£1.3m every two weeks].
View attachment 207023View attachment 207022

Last edited: