The Great San Marino Challenge

nice one, let's see how you handle first season in Serie A AND Europa League altogether :)

as for TV rights I recommend you follow jm426's instructions explained in post 652. The £10M figure for a newly promoted team seems quite accurate according to several sources (including SI games), and you'll receive the money throughout the year exactly like other clubs (ie no lump sum). Then all future TV deals should be calculated automatically by the game. It seemed to work perfectly for me so far, if anyone comes across any future issue about this please report in this thread.

One question regarding the TV rights. Can I use FM Editor? I don't know what FMRTE is. o_O And If so, is it the same process as demonstrated in post 652? Or is it different?

Serie A and Europa League are going well. Top of my Group after 4 games. Serie A I am surprisingly 5th after 13 games. I even managed to beat Lazio 3-0 away. :p I should make it to at least the First round of the Italian Cup too. I have enough squad depth to play in multiple cups, which is good. However, my wages are 100k p/w (pounds) so I have quite a bit of cash being spent and I'm losing around 500k a month, which is a lot considering I only have 2mill in the green (left). But a lot of promising youngsters - all on long term contracts, which is a great sign. The majrotiy of my team are below the age of 21.

I just got a new laptop and for some reason, this one won't take screenshots on FM .... weird. Any tips on that?

One question regarding the TV rights. Can I use FM Editor? I don't know what FMRTE is. o_O And If so, is it the same process as demonstrated in post 652? Or is it different?

Top of the site, mouse over Tools, click Save-Game Editors

FM editor will work only if you start a new save. To edit your current save you'll need a real time editor, ie FMRTE. I was as noob as you about FMRTE, all I had to do was 1) follow the instruction of the official website to download and install FMRTE 2) follow jm426's instruction (post 652) to edit TV contracts :)

@jm426: my reputation is slightly higher at 2.5 stars (maybe because I've won a couple more trophies in the lower leagues?) which is probably the reason for a better TV contract.

in other news the NT just recorded a fantastic win against a very respectable Israel team, which was good for The Big Upset achievement:

View attachment 209315View attachment 209314

Defeated 49th ranked Israel in a thrilling match during EURO qualifiers! GK Aldo Junior Simoncini kept us in the game until their red card, then young striker Manel Di Marco scored the winner in the injury time.

This has been a great year for the NT, unfortunately we just had an awful draw for next World Cup quals:

View attachment 209316

Goodbye Luxembourg, we'll miss you. Israel and N.Ireland were also the best teams in our last Euro quals group, now we have Sweden, Holland and Portugal! Iceland and Latvia are also quite good to be the weakest teams. I can easily see San Marino going back to the old habits, ie last place in the group with 0 points :mad:

hey dude you doing a ace job there keep it up by the when did u get the national job
FM editor will work only if you start a new save. To edit your current save you'll need a real time editor, ie FMRTE. I was as noob as you about FMRTE, all I had to do was 1) follow the instruction of the official website to download and install FMRTE 2) follow jm426's instruction (post 652) to edit TV contracts :)

@jm426: my reputation is slightly higher at 2.5 stars (maybe because I've won a couple more trophies in the lower leagues?) which is probably the reason for a better TV contract.

in other news the NT just recorded a fantastic win against a very respectable Israel team, which was good for The Big Upset achievement:

View attachment 209315View attachment 209314

Defeated 49th ranked Israel in a thrilling match during EURO qualifiers! GK Aldo Junior Simoncini kept us in the game until their red card, then young striker Manel Di Marco scored the winner in the injury time.

This has been a great year for the NT, unfortunately we just had an awful draw for next World Cup quals:

View attachment 209316

Goodbye Luxembourg, we'll miss you. Israel and N.Ireland were also the best teams in our last Euro quals group, now we have Sweden, Holland and Portugal! Iceland and Latvia are also quite good to be the weakest teams. I can easily see San Marino going back to the old habits, ie last place in the group with 0 points :mad:

Okay, update time. I'm a bit past the midway point of my 2015-2016 season (my first in Serie A).
Serie A
I'm in a very respectable position in the league, currently 6th on the table.
View attachment 210125

Euro Cup
The Euro Cup has been going even better. After convincingly winning my qualification round, I topped my group in the group stages.
View attachment 210126
The final fixture was the most surprising though, beating Rubin 6-1 at home, with my back-up AM(C) scoring 5 goals and an assist. Achieving a 10.0 rating. Wonderful effort, and oh-so close to unlocking the double hat-trick achievement on my Steam account. ****.
View attachment 210127

I then faced Stuttgart in the First Knockout Round and won both legs convincingly.
View attachment 210128

Italian Cup
Unfortunately I was knocked out in the First Round against Inter 1-0. Ah well. Wasn't able to win it 2 years in a row.

Players
This success is down to several key players.
Hervin Ongenda - ST
View attachment 210129

Enrico Stocco - AM(CL)
View attachment 210130

Antonio Martinez Carballo - AM(C)
View attachment 210131

Michal Kubice - D(C)
Before and After pics of when I first signed him 2.5 seasons ago and now. Last season (Serie B promotion) he was a rock in the center of defence and scored a total of 14 league goals from set pieces for me.
View attachment 210132View attachment 210133

Guido Mengucci - DM
Although he hasn't been a "key player" for me, I think you guys might be interested in seeing his development as he is a SM international.
View attachment 210137View attachment 210135

Club Development
View attachment 210136
I managed to purchase my stadium last season, and with the help of 2 nice Co-Ownerships totalling 5million pounds (I also had another 2 CO declined that would've added another 6.5 million pounds) enabled me to expand my youth facilities, training facilities and expand my stadium (only 3,000 additional seats). I currently have 8mill pounds in the bank, but that will soon dissapear to fund these expansions.

Last edited:
Well Done Antonio28. Mengucci looks very good, I have someone similar to him (is he dual nationality) and Ongenda is a god for Serie A have you had any big offers for him yet?

Top 100

hey dude you doing a ace job there keep it up by the when did u get the national job

I've been NT manager since the start of the game, first two years were tragic then we sarted making some real progress. As of january 2016 we have reached Top 100 in FIFA rankings, standing proud at 98th:

View attachment 210217

Sammarinese youngsters progressing very well, the best one is yet to accept NT call-up though:

View attachment 210218

I'm really scared that Italy U19 will call him soon, he's a fantastic young striker and certainly one of the best U18 prospects in whole Serie A. Tends to score clutch goals anytime he's subbed in :)

Full update of NT year 2015 coming soon in my story thread :)

@Antonio: fantastic season mate, and Mengucci looks excellent. how is SM national team doing in your game? wonder if they have done better than me ;)

Mengucci isn't dual Nationality. Only Sammarinese. Thankfully.
My NT is doing horrendously. Despite Mengucci, I have had 0 SM prospects develop. The U19 and U21 have been doing alright though. They win their fair share of games, which demonstrates that I have decent youth. However, that doesn't transition into the Main team (or at least not yet). The main problem is that most of my SM prospects get released (at the end of their youth contract) and join very low stature clubs and therefore don't develop any further, with Mengucci being the only exception. Need to work on that, but in truth, it's difficult when you don't get any decent regens. Hopefully I can develop the youth facilities enough that I can start regening better SM players.

No offers for Ongenda - yet. But it's still early days in his career. No doubt later down the track he'll get some.

San Marino players only?

I will start this challenge this weekend. Do you have to stick to all San Marino players only or is it only the meaning to make your youth regens better in time and at first start also with all international players.

I will start this challenge this weekend. Do you have to stick to all San Marino players only or is it only the meaning to make your youth regens better in time and at first start also with all international players.

well playing only SM players at the club could be a long-term goal, but it's not a rule to start this challenge :)

key part of this challenge is improving club facilities and reputation in order to produce better SM regens to improve the NT.

good luck!

Update: I'm in 2018 and my third season of Serie A. In the first season I survived mid-table without too many worries.
Second season I really pushed on. Ongenda got into form scoring 22 goals and becoming 2nd in the Serie A topscorers list. He was aided by some very solid regens. The main three were (Papa Gomis, Nicolle, Poljak) and with them and Ongenda I managed to secure 10th position but also come runners up in the Euro Cup.
Third Season and things are looking very good. Am currently 2nd after 13 games so all is well.View attachment 210520

On the Europa League front we qualified with ease and have drawn Locomotiv Moscow in the First Knockout Round. The best result so far has been this one:

View attachment 210522

7-0 at HT!!

National Team: The NT is starting to play well and some of the youngsters are looking very good.
Managed to beat Moldova in a friendly which was pretty big for me. View attachment 210521

My team is now beginning to be made up of my youth players with the best being this one:
View attachment 210523

He is going to be a leading Serie A player so I am very excited about him. He is easily going to make the new goalscoring record his own which won't take long..

12.1 update

BIG NEWS: with the new patch the following changes will effect your games.

for those of you playing with the sanmarinese league they now get more places in europe when their co-efficent rises.

European Football Championship Second Placed Teams table now uses results against top 5 teams, not 4.

Randomized Coppa Italia Lega Pro groups

Updated points deduction for Serie B and Lega Pro 1st and 2nd Divisions.

Fixed Italian Cup final fixture clash with international fixtures

Fixed Italian Cup runner up not taking part in Super Cup when a team does the double (i.e. a team wins Serie A and Italian Cup).

Italian Cup semi-final first leg date no longer clashes with international matches every 2nd year.

Currently playing on my 2nd attempt at this challenge after getting to Serie B in a dire situation and unable to get my hands on a decent team set up.

Absolutely loving my 2nd attempt, managed to get 2nd (I think) in the first season, completely dominated Serie C1 and for Serie B, I am using the defense / midfielders I have used in the previous seasons as they work extremely well together and I've brought in quite a lot of young players with a lot of potential to create my attacking force with backups for some of the defense and midfielders.

Haven't lost yet in Serie B as my team continues to get draws and a few very close wins, currently tied for 1st place with Benevento. It's quite surprising to see my A.Manager give me reports of "remarkable" improvements in almost all of my players. I went into Serie B thinking I would have to hold my place in the middle of the table so I brought in youngsters that would hopefully make up a better squad for the next season but at this rate I am going to have back-to-back promotion from Serie C2 all the way up to Serie A.

Has anyone been lucky enough to get a SM regen from a major club? It's been a decade and I haven't seen any :(

I'm more concerned about the fact that my defenders are scoring more than my strikers. I mean...cmon...

Has anyone been lucky enough to get a SM regen from a major club? It's been a decade and I haven't seen any :(
I have one from Cesena who are doing well, not as well as me, in Serie A but he's rated to become an average Serie B player and my star Sammarinese regen is predicted to be leading Serie A so I'm sticking with him.

still no luck for me as of 2016, despite all my thories and strategies... looks like it's harder to get SM players outside San Marino in FM12

on the other hand it's much easier to get good/great regens at the club so it's fine ;)