The Great San Marino Challenge

Decided to really focus on this save now after having a bit of an fm break. Storming away with the league in the first season although I guess that is no surprise (am happy with only 5 goals conceded after 15 games though). I can't see myself really focusing on developing any San Marino players though until at least serie B, training facilities just seem so crappy right now.

Not looked through all the threads but I suppose my signings won't come as a shock - Scorza (scorza lot of goals), Pennesi gk, Stefano Olivieri, Brellier, Mingazzi and Mathias Cardacio (international cap for Uruguay) being the main ones.

I've been NT manager since the start of the game, first two years were tragic then we sarted making some real progress. As of january 2016 we have reached Top 100 in FIFA rankings, standing proud at 98th:

View attachment 210217

Sammarinese youngsters progressing very well, the best one is yet to accept NT call-up though:

View attachment 210218

I'm really scared that Italy U19 will call him soon, he's a fantastic young striker and certainly one of the best U18 prospects in whole Serie A. Tends to score clutch goals anytime he's subbed in :)

Full update of NT year 2015 coming soon in my story thread :)

@Antonio: fantastic season mate, and Mengucci looks excellent. how is SM national team doing in your game? wonder if they have done better than me ;)

did u start as 2 different managers or the 1

quick up date in the serie c cup semi and top of the table and going strong and i bought gennaro chietti yet again and he is amazing scoring all the time

Last edited:
slipped into 2nd spot but just won the semi 1st leg 2-2 then the 2nd 5-0 against spezia

did u start as 2 different managers or the 1

one manager, started at NT then applied for club and got the job (I had already retired the manager at the club)

yep John Fleck has been great for us this season especially in Europa League :)

******, took a break from this for a while, now FMRTE is broke for latest version of FM2012

EDIT:
On a side note, in the weeks I have been off I have formulated an idea for a tactic. Result one: 5-1 against last years champions. Maybe the tweaks can wait.

Last edited:
Maybe a stupid question and already asked on this thread. But with 729 replies I didn't read them all.

Do I have to wait till the coach of San Marino (National Team) is fired before I can apply or are there quicker methods?

Maybe a stupid question and already asked on this thread. But with 729 replies I didn't read them all.

Do I have to wait till the coach of San Marino (National Team) is fired before I can apply or are there quicker methods?

Add a new manager and take over the national team, then retire him and apply for the job with your proper manager ;)

Could be :) but is that according the rulez ?

Nvm I will focus on the team first and apply for the national later.... now there aren't any good players anyway

That's kind a sad but I just hope they will be back on field soon.

Donated and now have FMRTE working. Fingers crossed this goes well!

Gonna try this. I'm relatively new to FM, but i do enjoy a good challenge. ;)

Is there any rules about training schedules?

Last edited:
Promoted in the first season with no real troubles to be honest, quite a poor points total of 82, a fair way off the standard I was hoping for (wanted to go undefeated). Then again, I did basically pick 11 players and press play every game without going into detail. Any advice for second season? Does standard improve much or can I more or less get by with the same squad?

Promoted in the first season with no real troubles to be honest, quite a poor points total of 82, a fair way off the standard I was hoping for (wanted to go undefeated). Then again, I did basically pick 11 players and press play every game without going into detail. Any advice for second season? Does standard improve much or can I more or less get by with the same squad?

I'd suggest making some signings, personally as that is what I did. But you should be able to judge based on your own instinct and with the helpful assistance of your scouts/ staff. :p

As for the standard, of course it increases, but nothing significantly. I had 3 players in particular that stood out in both C2/A and C1/A, so it is possible to go back to back promotion without any new signings. But then again, it would be recommended.

Gonna try this. I'm relatively new to FM, but i do enjoy a good challenge. ;)

Is there any rules about training schedules?

Sweet, can't wait to see your progress.
As regards to the training schedules, no. There are no rules. It is part of the tactical side of this challenge to make the correct training schedules.