The Great San Marino Challenge

never too late to join SM challenge :)

in other news I haven't played FM for a couple of weeks now, struggling to get back to my SM save for a number of different reasons:

- the board sold my wonderkid striker and personal favourite Ailton, who had just scored 5 goals in the Europa League Final, for a mere 10M despite already having lots of money in the bank. Frustrating.

- my best SM prospect Alessandro Paolone, an almost-wonderkid striker who scored 20 season goals as a super-sub, has accepted a call-up for Italy U19 and looks very much set for an international career with Italy. All the other good SM prospects are still refusing San Marino even after a few years. FRUSTRATING.

- the NBA season started on 25th December, which means I tend to watch NBA games instead of playing FM (I can play FM mostly from 00.00-2.00, and that's when NBA games are played too. You know, sleeping is for sissies)

Haven't really checked the thread recently, please let me know if Hall of Fame needs to be updated :)

Hi all, registered to comment on the TV contract bug. Read most of the posts concerning it but may have missed one or two. Would changing the value for this from -1 to 0, or removing it completely, in the official editor do the trick? Also noticed that San Marino have other forms of income under the "Other Income" tab at -1. Does this affect later years in the same way as TV money, say for kit sponsors or general sponsors? Cheers.

I'm actually glad I have the chance to re-do my first season now...I've grabbed Luigi Sala (formerly of AC Milan, Sampdoria, Atlanda, Udinese) on a free and he's immediately become my first choice centre back alongside Ferrero. His aerial ability is awesome, scoring 7 goals from corners in 4 matches so far...he's got a better strike rate than Scorza! :D

What tactics are you guys using? I don't seem to be able to get it right.
In my first match (frieandly) I beat Cesena 6-1 but since then I can't win. My defense leaks as **** also.

What tactics are you guys using? I don't seem to be able to get it right.
In my first match (frieandly) I beat Cesena 6-1 but since then I can't win. My defense leaks as **** also.

I've been using the home and away variants of Raikan007's Might and Magic tactic and I've been pretty successful with it. Before my first San Marino file corrupted I'd won C2/A, Serie C Cup, and C2 Super Cup in my first season, and was flying high at the top of C1/A in season 2.
Definitely a tactic that's worth a look at.

Cal

I've used a 4-3-3 from serie C2 to Serie A and Europa league :D

Gulraiz - Scorza - Sodinha, front three ( Amazing until you hit serie A lol )

Then 3 CM's or 2 and a DM when playing big teams

Get yourself a good experienced keeper

Any one got a link to the san marino leagues so i can do the national team ?

this may sound really dumb... but i dont even know how to take over both teams at the same time... can anyone tell me??

Do you know if the TV money problems for San Marino (club) are in the most recent patch??

That file FMRTE seems to crash my Football Manager.exe

Only solution I have thought of other than that when (and if) I reach Serie A is to make some big club (by adding manager) buying some guy off me for 10.400.000 pounds more than his value.

And what do I need to do to get the national team job?
I've tried countlessly to add new manager+retire+apply for job, i have a continental reputation
but the Sammarinese FA always laugh off my interest and apply some ********

The only way become a manager of the National team is to either wait for the current manager of San Marino to lose his job, or add a new manager, make him the the manager of the national team, retire him, and then apply for the job with your manager (who is leading the club). The bad part is... unfortunately... you have to hope they choose you to guide the national team and there's nothing you can do about it. But if you've gained enough experience and you are consider a talented manager, they should accept you...

2016-2017 Season (2nd Season in Serie A)
Final Placement - 6th

View attachment 216849
We had a rather good season considering the fact that I lost my key striker through a contract clause. My team is still rather young too, and they are continuing their development nicely. However some players will randomly drop in attributes despite being in good form and getting constant first team action. My training regiments are even on Hard workloads for all players. So weird. Maybe it's my poor facilities? (Which I'm currently upgrading.)

Facilities and Finances
I have managed to continue the progression of my youth and training facilities as well as a 2nd upgrade of my stadium which is a great sign for San Marino. :p My wealing a dealing in the transfer market combined with my success in multiple cups especially has allowed me to do this. My finances are incredibly stable despite losing 9million pounds in order to fund these upgrades.
View attachment 216850View attachment 216851View attachment 216852

EURO Cup
Final Placement - Knocked Out in Quarter Final

We surprisingly did well again in the EURO Cup which is always a good sign. However I did get knocked out by Arsenal (2nd season in a row) from the EURO Cup.
View attachment 216853View attachment 216854View attachment 216855View attachment 216856

Italian Cup
Final Placement - Winners

Amazingly we managed to win the Italian Cup for the 2nd time in my career. Amazing effort by the lads.
View attachment 216857View attachment 216858View attachment 216859View attachment 216860

Players
I managed to get rid of my Serie B level striker Denis Alibec for 4million pounds to Fiorentina. No clue why they wanted him to be honest.
View attachment 216861View attachment 216862

3 Players really stood out for me this season
View attachment 216863View attachment 216864View attachment 216865

SM Youth Prospect
As I was sorting through the youth intake regens this season with dismay I did come accross one little gem. He's a striker, about to turn 16 y/o. With good attributes for an SM player and a 4.5star (Serie A level) potential. Only thing is, he has a 2nd Nationality (Italian). So hopefully he accepts the SMNT call-up when it comes. We'll see.
View attachment 216866

I'm not quite sure how I want to develop this kid though. I'm open to suggestions. I'm contemplating loaning him out. See how he goes in Serie C1 or C2. Or I could keep him for the First team and sub him on for 2-10 mins per game at the end. I highly doubt he will develop to his max in the U20 league. Even if he is only there for 1 or 2 seasons.

What's everyone else's thoughts on SM youth development?

personally i'd go with under 20's and starting cup games for the first season then a loan out to serie c1/ serie b level making sure the side loaning him want him for first team and not as cover.

Do you know if the TV money problems for San Marino (club) are in the most recent patch??

I would also like to know this.. I want to start again on my new PC but don't have FMRTE.

Could somebody confirm whether or not they've fixed this bug?

Last edited:
I would also like to know this.. I want to start again on my new PC but don't have FMRTE.

Could somebody confirm whether or not they've fixed this bug?

what bug are you talking about?

if you create 2 managers and place one at the club and one at the national team, then retire one and apply for the vacant job with the other then you can manage both the nation and club with the same manager. personally i recommend retiring teh club manager as i think that job will be slightly easier to get then the national team job.

Im fairly sure changing the TV money to 0 would sort it out but I cant confirm that.