The Great San Marino Challenge

Is their a Serie D db around? Given most of the San Marino players are about that standard...!

if you want me to I can create one, although as i can't speak italian i won't necessarily be able to get all the rules as realistic as they should be. if i do try to create it then i won't have time to start it until sunday at the earliest so i'd be aiming to finish it midweek and spend thursday/friday testing and tweaking it before a release next weekend (probably sunday due to time constraints).

Think I might restart (again) with Campionato Sammarinese included too...Can't hurt I suppose, not got very far into this latest season thanks to uni work.
I'll probably sort it tomorrow once I've handed in the essay that I should be writing right now :p

Cal

Cal i've only quoted you to try and make sure you see this post as it might be worth waiting until i have a go at making serie d playable before restarting this.

Last edited:
if you want me to I can create one, although as i can't speak italian i won't necessarily be able to get all the rules as realistic as they should be. if i do try to create it then i won't have time to start it until sunday at the earliest so i'd be aiming to finish it midweek and spend thursday/friday testing and tweaking it before a release next weekend (probably sunday due to time constraints).

Cal i've only quoted you to try and make sure you see this post as it might be worth waiting until i have a go at making serie d playable before restarting this.

Nice one, I'll hang on for a bit then, cheers :)

Season: 2011/2012
League: Serie C2/A
Position: 1st (Promoted as Champions)
Serie C Cup: First Round
Serie C Super Cup: Winners

Achievements: None...so far! I missed out on LLM Treble (2 out of 3) and I’m half way to The Great Escape, and a third of the way to Straight A’s and Lower League Legend (with Mohammed Gulraiz). I like to be positive! :D

The Season

What can I say? We absolutely owned it. 30 wins from 38, and three of the failures were in the last three games, when I was giving my youth prospects a run out. From memory this is best season ever on FM (is 12 easier than previous copies?!)
View attachment 218364
We were top after the first game (a 4-0 win) and remained there for rest of the season. We finished 18 points clear of second (24 from third) and secured promotion, and the title, away to eventual runners up Alessandria with 6 games to spare. That victory was particularly pleasing as we’d had a mini wobble and lost a couple away games before a solid 3-1 win at home to Treviso a week before set up the Alessandria game perfectly.
View attachment 218365
I dealt with the Cup in my last post; a bit disappointing but there’s always next year.

We beat Giulianova to lift the Serie C2 Super Cup but were made to work very hard for it. After going behind at home in the first leg we battled back to go 2-1 up before Gulraiz scored a classy goal on the break to give us a two goal cushion. We went behind after 12 mins in the second leg but two quick fire goals left Giulianova needing 4 goals in 65 minutes. We then conspired to concede 3 in 20 and with half an hour to go there only looked like one winner. Thankfully a triple substitution shored things up and we held on for a 5-5 away goals victory.
View attachment 218380
The star performer for the season was undoubtedly Mohammed Gulraiz. In his 40 games he scored 33 goals with 10 assists (33/26/9 in the league). His form ensure he was comfortably the league's top scorer and he earned an inevitable call up to the Algerian squad for the African Nations; he’s already notched up 6 caps (without scoring! :O).
View attachment 218366View attachment 218381
Two other star signings (which should be familiar to anyone who has followed the thread from the start) were Salvatore D’Elia and Sodinha.
View attachment 218367View attachment 218368
San Marino’s very own Vittorio Ferrero joined Gulraiz in the Team of the Year after an impressive season at the centre of defence.
View attachment 218369 View attachment 218371
In truth, the whole team played consistently well as a unit, as you’d expect in such a dominating season.
View attachment 218370
An injury to Goalkeeper Carlo Sciarrone in March gave my development signing Francesco Luciani 9 starts and he is coming along nicely. Potentially a top Serie B keeper in the future. :)
View attachment 218372

And so, on to the future...

I like to do most of next season’s business in January and so I snapped up Alessandro Cesarini on advice on this thread as well as Andrea Beduschi, Salvatore Amirante and Davide Drascek on pre-contract deals during the winter break.
View attachment 218373View attachment 218374View attachment 218375
Amirante and Cesarini were to replace Rossini and Baronio respectively; both were intended as experienced stop-gaps (and did their jobs well).

I felt Drascek will be needed to add some bite in midfield as the two ball winning midfielders at the club, Francesco Amantini and Simone Loiodice, are average at best. I’ve kept the former as back up.

Beduschi was a bit of an accident; I intended to retain the dependable Stefano Olivieri after an solid first season but my complacence allowed another Serie C1 team (Prato) to secure his signature. :(
View attachment 218388
The last piece of the this season’s jigsaw will be to find an experienced CB to compliment the talented, but young, pairing of Ferrero and Beduschi.

Finally...

The National Team

I’ve only had two games in charge since I took over at Christmas. I picked Bhutan (second lowest ranked nation) and Andorra (second lowest ranked European nation) as an easy start. Managed to draw both! Still rock bottom of the rankings... :'(

My World Cup Qualification group is England, Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland and Moldova.

There is some good news; these pair popped up in my youth candidates.
View attachment 218377View attachment 218378
Both 5 star prospects at my club; both dual nationality...both already capped! :D Well...they are both already easily better than most of the Sammarinese players! I hope to see them holding their own in Serie B/C1 in the future.

There is some good news; these pair popped up in my youth candidates.
View attachment 218377View attachment 218378
Both 5 star prospects at my club; both dual nationality...both already capped! :D Well...they are both already easily better than most of the Sammarinese players! I hope to see them holding their own in Serie B/C1 in the future.

great season, and cool regens especially the typical black-sammarinese kid XD

Currently top of Serie B with about 10 games remaining (and with Enzo Scorza once again on for league top scorer). Back to back promotions will be great for the club and our finances are finally in the black again after making heavy losses financially up until now.

The highlight of my career so far (and the reason we're raking in the cash this season) has been a brilliant cup run that's seen us make the final against Catania (who fortunatly beat Napoli 4-2 on agg in the other semi final).

This culminated in possibly my greatest ever FM victory against (an admittedly underperforming and second string) AC Milan side.

First holding them to a 0-0 at home after Mexes got himself sent off.

Then with a stunning 1-2 win at the San Siro (with Scorza being fantastic again)

The £400,000 odd for appearing in each round of the cup as well as a sizable chunk of the gate reciepts for playing at the San Siro has been fantastic for finances (and the board think i walk on water atm).

Great challenge this though, i've been playing FM for years and never managed anyone outside of the top flight before. This has really engaged me ^_^

(i can't seem to get my screen shots to work atm but i'll post here when i get it working)

What leagues should I load because some players you guys have mentioned, like Abrahim aren't in the game.

unfortunately i'm going to have to put this on hold for now as i'm going to need to rebuild the whole italian structure to get serie d working properly and i curretnly don't have enough time to do so without losing alot of reality from it. in the mean time if someone could get screenshots of all the rules and prize money of the italian comps already in the game and either pm me them or give me a pm when they've done so i'll set up a thread dedicated to this in the editor data section.

wooooooooooooooooooooooo i did it just my god i mean just scraped thru the semis 1-0 and the final 3-2 after being 2-0 down

Challange Accepted! I have played through the first ½ of the first season. Implaced third sofar with a 4-5-1 strategy. I have bought a new goalkeeper and a new center defender. Both of those are still challenging over the starting positions.

I have no idea where you find your awesome players!! I guess Im not that patient to look for players during my first season :p

I shall write more when I have finished my first season!

Wow!

Haven't played for 3 months, due to school, work and an amazing time in Spain for the past few weeks.

Anyways I'm back at this. I was in October 2016, in my third season in the Serie A when I had took a break. I must admit it took me a fair time to get to know the players and the staff and whatever formation I was playing again. I'm in February now and doing pretty good, although my European adventure didn't end well, crashing out in the group stages of the Euro Cup and losing in the first round of the Italian Cup as well. The league is going pretty well at the moment, I'm currently 5th but it's real tight from 3rd til 8th. Anyways, a much more detailed analysis once I finish the season.

Wow!

Haven't played for 3 months, due to school, work and an amazing time in Spain for the past few weeks.

Anyways I'm back at this. I was in October 2016, in my third season in the Serie A when I had took a break. I must admit it took me a fair time to get to know the players and the staff and whatever formation I was playing again. I'm in February now and doing pretty good, although my European adventure didn't end well, crashing out in the group stages of the Euro Cup and losing in the first round of the Italian Cup as well. The league is going pretty well at the moment, I'm currently 5th but it's real tight from 3rd til 8th. Anyways, a much more detailed analysis once I finish the season.

yeah haven't played for one month myself and feels like one year XD

hopefully will get back to my SM save at some point, though right now I'd like to start something different maybe a new challenge...

I have just recently start this challenge and thanks to the players you guys recommended to me have been crowned champions and also won the super cup got a bit worried as the third game of the season enzo scorza damaged his cruciate ligament and was out for between 10 and 12 months but thankfully the rest of the players standed up to be counted and won me the league 2 games early.

View attachment 219296

Also at the start I added a manager and retired him to try and get the san marino NT job but kept getting laughed at by them which was quite embarrising hen after i won the league they canned there manager and offerd the job to me took and won my first and only game in charge so far.

View attachment 219299

I will keep everyone updated at the end of each season.

Mon the Titani !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season 6 Update.

Finally got round to playing this again on Thursday. Took me a lot of time to get back into it, that is knowing the players and what I had been doing. I actually didn't remember that I had made it into Europe the last time I played!!

View attachment 219405

I started really positively in the league and was in 5th place until March. 2 wins in the last 10 games meant that I lost out on a European spot. The positive thing is I played a more attacking system for most parts of this season, although that had a big impact on my defense, which went from conceding 22 goals to 40. Have to fix that.

View attachment 219406

Similar here really, started well with 6 points after 2 homewins in the first three matches. Losing the final 3 games, including a loss to a very bad Brugge side at home, was poor though. A home win against Atletico Madrid was a highlight.

View attachment 219407

Not much to report on here. I decided to give plenty of young players the chance to test themselves against Juventus. It's fair to say they outclassed us so an early Cup exit it was.

I kept with my policy of signing mostly young, cheap players and selling a lot out on a 2 year Co-Ownership deals with the players still playing for me. Most of them were backups to be fair, but I have high hopes for at least 7 of those.

View attachment 219408

Marco Andreolli was a big disappointment actually, didn't manage to break in to the defense which amazingly still contains a certain Vittorio Ferrero! Taruyaki Morimoto was also a let down. I expect both will leave in the summer window, Andreolli for free.

Lamarana Jatta on the other hand proved a great signing in January.

View attachment 219409

Pretty good I have to say!

Danielle Conti, Mr.Titani himself, yet again ended up as my most productive player. He's shockingly inconsistent but I still love him.

View attachment 219410

Vittorio Ferrero somehow is still in my first XI. His numbers don't look great, certainly not for a Serie A player but I somehow always pick him. Me being sentimental does explain it somewhat. He's very consistent and usually never get's a rating under 6.60 and most of the time he's around 6.90.

View attachment 219411

My best Sanmaranise prospects all play left back, annoyingly enough. Bragagnolo is first choice but I fully expect Villa to take over in 2 or 3 years. Moggi can play right back also which might help his chances a little.

View attachment 219412

View attachment 219413

View attachment 219415

Massimo Ferlaino also has a future for me, most likely as a 3rd or 4th choice centre back but he will still be a top top player for San Marino on an International stage.

View attachment 219414

Gianpaolo Spano was the best one I had coming through my youth system this year.

View attachment 219416

I also have Mirko Ottaviani as my second choice goalkeeper but he is incredibly **** and 8 other San Maraniese players who according to my assistant have the potential to become from useful to good players for me. That probably makes them nailed on as future (some are already in there) internationals.

My finances are decent, I lost a million pounds compared to making 12 the year before. It's easy to explain though, I invested more money into the playing staff as well as improving the contracts with most current player and of course with that paying something to agents and stuff.

Regarding next season I'm already well on my way to improve the squad, have already secured a new goalkeeper for example who will become my record signing at 4 million pounds. I will probably sell around 10 players and bring in a similar number like in the past few years. I also have some Co-Ownership auctions coming up. 5 to be exact. There is only 1 player who I view that I cannot lose out on but the others should be relatively easy to replace.

Anyways, that's enough from me for me now. Back to the game!

Finally got round to playing this again on Thursday. Took me a lot of time to get back into it, that is knowing the players and what I had been doing. I actually didn't remember that I had made it into Europe the last time I played!!

View attachment 219405

I started really positively in the league and was in 5th place until March. 2 wins in the last 10 games meant that I lost out on a European spot. The positive thing is I played a more attacking system for most parts of this season, although that had a big impact on my defense, which went from conceding 22 goals to 40. Have to fix that.

View attachment 219406

Similar here really, started well with 6 points after 2 homewins in the first three matches. Losing the final 3 games, including a loss to a very bad Brugge side at home, was poor though. A home win against Atletico Madrid was a highlight.

View attachment 219407

Not much to report on here. I decided to give plenty of young players the chance to test themselves against Juventus. It's fair to say they outclassed us so an early Cup exit it was.

I kept with my policy of signing mostly young, cheap players and selling a lot out on a 2 year Co-Ownership deals with the players still playing for me. Most of them were backups to be fair, but I have high hopes for at least 7 of those.

View attachment 219408

Marco Andreolli was a big disappointment actually, didn't manage to break in to the defense which amazingly still contains a certain Vittorio Ferrero! Taruyaki Morimoto was also a let down. I expect both will leave in the summer window, Andreolli for free.

Lamarana Jatta on the other hand proved a great signing in January.

View attachment 219409

Pretty good I have to say!

Danielle Conti, Mr.Titani himself, yet again ended up as my most productive player. He's shockingly inconsistent but I still love him.

View attachment 219410

Vittorio Ferrero somehow is still in my first XI. His numbers don't look great, certainly not for a Serie A player but I somehow always pick him. Me being sentimental does explain it somewhat. He's very consistent and usually never get's a rating under 6.60 and most of the time he's around 6.90.

View attachment 219411

My best Sanmaranise prospects all play left back, annoyingly enough. Bragagnolo is first choice but I fully expect Villa to take over in 2 or 3 years. Moggi can play right back also which might help his chances a little.

View attachment 219412

View attachment 219413

View attachment 219415

Massimo Ferlaino also has a future for me, most likely as a 3rd or 4th choice centre back but he will still be a top top player for San Marino on an International stage.

View attachment 219414

Gianpaolo Spano was the best one I had coming through my youth system this year.

View attachment 219416

I also have Mirko Ottaviani as my second choice goalkeeper but he is incredibly **** and 8 other San Maraniese players who according to my assistant have the potential to become from useful to good players for me. That probably makes them nailed on as future (some are already in there) internationals.

My finances are decent, I lost a million pounds compared to making 12 the year before. It's easy to explain though, I invested more money into the playing staff as well as improving the contracts with most current player and of course with that paying something to agents and stuff.

Regarding next season I'm already well on my way to improve the squad, have already secured a new goalkeeper for example who will become my record signing at 4 million pounds. I will probably sell around 10 players and bring in a similar number like in the past few years. I also have some Co-Ownership auctions coming up. 5 to be exact. There is only 1 player who I view that I cannot lose out on but the others should be relatively easy to replace.

Anyways, that's enough from me for me now. Back to the game!

Good season, I like how you're giving lots of playing time to several sammarinese youngsters I always find that quite hard to to - wonderkid regen Alex Paolone was the exception and he repayed me by refusing San marino NT to play for Italy U21 :mad:

Also great to see Daniele Conti still doing well! was a legend for me in FM11, looks like he can be a legit Serie A player.

Good season, I like how you're giving lots of playing time to several sammarinese youngsters I always find that quite hard to to - wonderkid regen Alex Paolone was the exception and he repayed me by refusing San marino NT to play for Italy U21 :mad:

Also great to see Daniele Conti still doing well! was a legend for me in FM11, looks like he can be a legit Serie A player.

Thanks. Yeah I took the desicion to give Bragognolo and Villa a real chance. Ferlaino was more because of an injury to one of my CB's, although I hope it will help him improve in the future. Bit frustrating that 3 of my 5 biggest sammarinese talents all play left back and all five of them are defenders!

Conti was amazing for me for all those years, but I reluctantly sold him before the next season, due to having 2 amazing prospects in his position as well as getting an offer that was hard to refuse. He was surprisingly good for me in the three Serie A seasons he played with me, but he was also annoyingly inconsistent and maybe I'd have moved him on earlier if he hadn't been with me from the start. Still, I ****** love the man :D

7th Season - What a Season!

I've almost not stopped playing since Thursday, 2 seasons now complete!

I sold a lot of players, mostly because I'd replaced them with cheaper, younger and simply better players. I sadly lost Daniele Conti due to my board accepting a very generous offer from Parma.

View attachment 219877

Most of those actually worked quite well. Ibrahim Ibrahim, Daniele Scarponi, Carlos González and Allan Chewe were "signed" on a free at the Co-Ownership auctions while I lost Sebastian Kurbjuweit. I then moved on González and Chewe. Larsson, Andreolli and Morimoto had been disappointing for me in their single season with the Titani so I moved them on as well. Andreas Bakalorz attracted all sorts of interest and was eventually sold to Barcelona, though he mostly plays for their B team so far.

Hughes, Grassi, Giacomini, Díaz and Musa all became starters for me, and all did brilliantly!

View attachment 219880

View attachment 219879

View attachment 219878

View attachment 219881

View attachment 219882

I went out in the First Round in the Italian Cup after a penalty shootout. I had decided to give my youngsters a chance in this game and they actually did pretty well.

View attachment 219883

Since I didn't have any European games this season I only played a 39 game season. The league was basically the only tournament I took seriously in any way. And I did quite well there! Really well actually!

View attachment 219884

View attachment 219887

Yeah! I made the Champions League! The mighty Titani will be hosting Champions League games at the Olimpicao in the fall of 2018 (If I make it through the Playoff round). It wasn't easy though. I was three points behind Juventus with one match to go. That match was actually against Juventus at home and I knew a win would get me into the CL on results between teams.

View attachment 219889

Turns out I also overtook them in goal difference! Easily the best the Titani have ever played under my management! Fantastic!

Despite the brilliance of the new players as shown above, my "star" performer was a January signing in January 2017.

View attachment 219888

Armando Bragagnolo and Massimo Ferlaino continued to impress when given the chance.

View attachment 219890

View attachment 219891

Andrea Villa became a regular and is well on his way to becoming a top class Serie A player at least.

View attachment 219892

Unfortunately I didn't get any exciting sammaraniese prospects this season. I made the decision however to only hand out youth contracts to sammaraniese youngsters, unless I happen to get a youngster who's destined for the sky.

I also finally decided to take over as San Marino's national team manager. I took over in November and started with matches against two really poor nations.

View attachment 219893

View attachment 219894

Then in March I played against Nicaragua, which ended in a 0-0 draw. I was drawn in to this group for the 2020 European Championship Qualifying.

View attachment 219896

I'm hoping to get some points of Liechtenstein, but other than that I'll just focus on friendlies and beating teams that are around me in quality, and hoping that moves me up the World Rankings somewhat.

That's it from me for now though!

I have just finished my second season and have completed The Great Escape challenge by winning back to back Titles but apart from that it was a pretty disappointing season after doing poor in all of the cups. but the positives were the stand out performances from the likes of Enzo Scorza, Gulraiz, Conti, Sodinha, And another player that i haven't heard much people speeking about that i signed on a free at the start is Matias Alberais who was consistently class the whole season long.

View attachment 220095

Unfortunately there is not much good things yet to say about the NT as they are not much better than they were when i took over them.I have no good looking regens yet and my best player is Stefanelli.

View attachment 220096 View attachment 220097

I will keep updating after every season.

Mon the Titani !!!!!!

I have finished my first season!!

I started off by buying a new center defender and a new goalie. I thought if I wanted to build something I might start from behind and go forward. However I found myself having a crush at the original members of the team (As I always have when I take over a new team) So my first season all star team looks like this :D

View attachment 220101

As you can see my top goalscorer was D'Antoni with 11 goals and noone realy played impressively :D

I had some injury trouble with my wingbacks for a while, 3 of my leftwingers where all injured at the same time... Luckely De Santis managed to stay away most injuries (only away for 8 days, yay!)

Eventough I lacked in goalscoring my defence was solid and I took alot of 1-0 wins. I even was in the top of the league during 2 different occations!!

In my 9th last game for the season I met the 3rd ranked team at home and demolished them with 3-0. (My biggest win during the whole season!! yay!) And I climbed to the top of the league with lesser teams to play the remainding 8 games. I was confident that I could take the whole league!!! Unfortunatly I went on a horrible losingstreak, taking 2 points [sic!] during my last 8 games.

View attachment 220102

Ending up second with 2 points in 8 games aint that bad ^_^

I must give kudos to Lecco that sacked their manager in the middle of the season and in the last game of the season took the last playoff spot, ending up DESTROYING everyone in the playoff!

Ofcourse I had a cupadventure too! I easely qualified past the groupstages of the serie C cup got drawn against Andria (low serie C1/B team) away

View attachment 220103

So close to take the comback achivement :S

Notable transfers

where the remainding 50% of Ferrero from Juventus

The ringwingback Steeve Gerard Fanká (Yes, that name is epic ^_^)

The leftwingback Thomas Veronese

The strike Andrea Lorenzini (Recommended!!)

As the most observant can see Im in the middle of my second season atm and I will make an update on that when its finished (^_^)

Edit: I forgot to mention that my Economy is so and so. I think i was down approx 1million € :S

Last edited:
the San marino challenge?? seriously??! someone is really bored here :D good job though