The Great San Marino Challenge

I was think the same idea when accept NT role but assistant manager suggest me only 13 players. If I resign now would I encounter difficulties in the future taking NT job?

I think that is unnecessary playing NT at 3rd year.

Just Finished My third season and my first in Serie B and i have no idea how i managed to win back to back to back league titles it was a lose the whole way through i never really looked like winnig sitting in about fourth the whole season then a good run of games towards the end of the season took me to top of the league for the first time after the last game of the season.as you will see from my screenies thugh i amde a big changed to my squad going into the season and will have to do the same agn if i am going to get a mid table finish this season.

View attachment 223015View attachment 223016

I am now away to take over the NT aswell and will hopefully start getting them some results.

I will continue to update after each season Cmon the TITANI !!!!!!

I was think the same idea when accept NT role but assistant manager suggest me only 13 players. If I resign now would I encounter difficulties in the future taking NT job?

I think that is unnecessary playing NT at 3rd year.

you should try from first year, simply a nightmare but I loved it ;)

I feel it's time to get back to my SM save now, should post some updates during next week. Starting 2016/17 as Europa League Champions and NT at 89th in FIFA rankings (H)

I played first match at NT and heavly defeated from australia with 8-0.

If I resign from NT would I encounter difficulties taking job again at NT?

I played first match at NT and heavly defeated from australia with 8-0.

If I resign from NT would I encounter difficulties taking job again at NT?

I don't know actually as I've been in charge since day one and still there in 2016. Yep first years can be devastating this I know for sure, how about a 0-5 home loss against MYANMAR? Though it was very rewarding seeing daily improvements of players and squad as we eventually climbed our way into top 100.

I think you won't have problems being re-appointed in the future, but can't be 100% sure :p

thank you. you're very helpful.

I will try to continue my NT career. And I will post my first two years screenshots soon.

thank you. you're very helpful.

I will try to continue my NT career. And I will post my first two years screenshots soon.

no problem mate, when you feel it's getting too frustrating you could maybe go on holiday for 1 day just before the game so you'll skip the matchday torture ;) i've done this myself a few times in first couple of years.

Things WILL get better someday, you can have a look at my most embarrassing results here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ies/87029-not-another-san-marino-story-2.html at post n.12 :)

Just finished my first season in serie A an just escaped relegation in a overall dissapointing season as i only got to the quarter final of the italian cup as well but there were alot of positives though as i now know which players in my team are good enough and which players that i will have to let go of. I am now looking forward to next season as i really think that i can push on up the table
and maybe qualify for europe.

View attachment 223785

As for the NT its not going well at all still losing every competitive game and getting friendlies with team near me on the rankings to try and move up a bit quicker but the main positives are some of the players that are coming through are looking really good i had a regen in my club that i had never played befor and barcelona bought him for 2.5 million he looks absolutely amazing the only thing is that he doesnt want to play for the NT he keeps rejecting call ups same with my other wonderkid players.

View attachment 223786View attachment 223791

View attachment 223787

Season 2013-2014 Serie B- Unexpected Straight A's

It was an unexpected season for the Titani, who were predicted 22nd place by the media. With five games left,
San Marino were behind leaders Siena by 5 points. San Marino drew with Siena at home and failed to close their
gap. With three games to go, Siena dropped points and the Titani were right behind them by a point. Both teams went on to win the next two games. At the final matchday, San Marino suffered from a last minute equalizer while Siena went on to become champions of Serie B.

League and Cup Competitions:

It was a fantastic yet disapointing season for the Titani, as we failed to take advantage of our rivals' draws and losses, but still achieved direct promotion by placing 2nd in their Serie B campaign.

View attachment 223881

Unexpected Straight A's

View attachment 223903

For the 3rd season in a row, San Marino were knocked out at the 4th qualifying round of the Italian Cup. Mostly featuring fringe players, San Marino struggled against Serie B bottom-dwellers (at that time) Lecce.

Transfers and Key Players:

View attachment 223909View attachment 223910

Following the loss of their wonderkid Johan Martineau, San Marino looked to especially fortify their defense, and snapped up many key players during the transfer window. The offensive trio of Scorza, Gulraiz, and Conti were impressive once again.

View attachment 223915

After his impressive debut season, teenage sensation William Addo was a continuous presence on the pitch as he improved his skills as a footballer. With a potential to become a good Serie A defensive midfielder, Addo has a bright future with the Titani.

View attachment 223916

Sergi Gomez was snapped up from Barcelona as the replacement of former fan-favorite Johan Martineau. He performed brilliantly for the team when called upon. He has the potential to be a good Serie A defender.

View attachment 223917

Raffaele Di Gennaro did not have an easy task replacing Carlo Sciarrone. However, the promising youngster won over doubters with 24 clean sheets in 45 games.

View attachment 223919

Mourad Satli did not have the brightest of starts with the San Marino colors. He had the worst possible pre-season, averaging around 6.0 in 5 games. However, he has since become a rock in the Titani defense.

View attachment 223921

Simone Pasa formed a great partnership in the middle of the pitch with William Addo. He provided much needed creativity and defensive stability from the midfield.

View attachment 223920

Metin Cetin, like his fellow Dutch compatriot Addo, is a youngster with the potential to become a good Serie A defensive midfielder. The new Nigel de Jong is expected to provide some serious challenge for the midfield spot next season.

Overall, it was an unexpected season, as I expected to have a hard time getting promoted in my first Serie B campaign. Now that I am in Serie A, I plan on getting my facilities/stadium upgraded and managing the national team, which has an astonishing 1 draw 24 defeats since the game has started. :)

@Sean: well at least that SM regen will get top class facilities and coaches at Barcelona and will develop well... hopefully he will accept the NT call up sooner or later, I know that's quite frustrating...

@dhk: excellent season mate, I have Di Gennaro as my back-up keeper he develops quite well with right training and tutoring I think he could do well as first choice GK in Serie A.

PS I finally got back to my SM save, just updated my story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...t-another-san-marino-story-7.html#post1442009 anyone feel free to check and comment :)

Last edited:
Serie A Domination.

Hi there. A 2 season update here!

2019/2020 :

View attachment 224293

View attachment 224294

Not much else to report on here. Not a great season really, I just could somehow not lose, in the league at least. Reached final 16 in the Champions League and went out in the first round of the Cup.

2020/2021 :

View attachment 224295

View attachment 224297

View attachment 224293

View attachment 224296

My star performers :

View attachment 224298

View attachment 224299

View attachment 224300

Top Talents :

View attachment 224301

View attachment 224302

View attachment 224303

Also finally managed to get the board to buy the stadium!

View attachment 224304

But no more showing off from me, got to keep on playing!

Up the Titani!

@sean: nope, as of 2016 no board takeover, it all looks very quiet

@birkirhrafn: gotta love when someone says "not a great season" and then he has won Serie A :) Looks like traditional italian powerhouses are just fading away in your save, you're doing fantastic with the club so might be time to take over the NT!

Well I was in charge of the NT, but they sacked me! I was fuming..

Yea, Roma just got up now, been a yoyo side for the past 5 seasons, relegation, promotion, relegation, promotion... Fiorentina and especially Khouma Babacar are the only real threat to me right now, Napoli and the Milan sides are getting really old.

Just Finished My Second Season in Serie A and have been absolutely delighted with the progress made by the team from last season as we finished the 6th only a point behind fourth which was a tight battle between 3 or 4 teams for the 4th spot throughout the season also finished runner up in the italian up but unfortunately i was beaten in the final by a last minute goal against napoli but still absolutely delighted just to be there in the first place.and as for the board take-over it has changed absolutely nothing just excatly the same as before.

View attachment 224386View attachment 224387

as for the national team they are starting to a little improvement now i feel as we are starting to decrease the amount of goals we concede but every now and there is that one game we concede alot of goals i had 2 this year an 8-0 defeat away to Portugal i thought that would happen anyway so wasnt that botherd ut the most dissapointing was a 9-1 away defeat to Georgia i wasnt exactly pleased with this to say the least.

View attachment 224390

I will continue to do season bye season updates to keep u guys posted.

C'mon the Titani!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2017-2018 Season
Serie A - First Place
View attachment 224425
A wonderful undefeated season in Serie A!

Super Cup - Winners
View attachment 224426

Italian Cup - Winners
View attachment 224427View attachment 224428View attachment 224429
This is the 3rd time we have won this trophy now. It looks good in the Titani Trophy Case.

EURO Cup - Winners
View attachment 224430View attachment 224431View attachment 224432View attachment 224433View attachment 224434View attachment 224435

Squad
View attachment 224436

Key Players:
Enrico Stocco - What can I say about this kid? He is a legitimate superstar. He managed to surprise me every game. Snapped him up on a free 3 seasons ago and have been laughing ever since. I have his transfer status set to rejecting bids of less than 40 million pounds. And for good reason. He is already an Italian NT first team player at age 22. There is no doubt in my mind that he will become Titani's greatest player ever.
View attachment 224437

Hassen Zidane - Another key player of mine, this time in the center of the park. He can both create and score goals. I similarly picked this kid up on a free transfer 3 seasons ago. An absolute gun of a player and completely undervalued too. (Probably a good thing - means big teams won't try and steal him from me.)
View attachment 224438

Wilfredo Comminges - Had a bit of a poor form dip mid season as he didn't score for 11 games straight. But as you can see from his stats, he still managed to contribute significantly to my team this season. Another cracking young player.
View attachment 224439

Benjamin Nowakowski - I'm proud to say I nurtured this kid from Serie B into Serie A and has now become a leading winger with his incredible pace and technical skills he destroys the opposing team's right back.
View attachment 224440

San Marino Youth Prospect:
View attachment 224441
4.5 Star Serie A potential. Hopefully this kid can become a great player from the NT. However, him along with 4 other decent SM prospects I have want to try and join Italy. Gah!

Has anyone ever won Manager of the Year, but instead it went to your assistant coach instead of your head coach?