The Great San Marino Challenge

Has anyone ever won Manager of the Year, but instead it went to your assistant coach instead of your head coach?

It's because your assistant was in charge for the majority/ all of the games.. Stop holidaying and you will get it. :)

It's because your assistant was in charge for the majority/ all of the games.. Stop holidaying and you will get it. :)

I was trying to get the national job. I was heavy favorites so I decided to basically sim the whole year. Started out like 4-1-0, and wanted to see if I could get the national job since they kept saying he was under fire. Never happened. I guess that is what happens for the first time i ever went on holiday in this game. Guess I will restart it and actually play out the whole season then.

I was trying to get the national job. I was heavy favorites so I decided to basically sim the whole year. Started out like 4-1-0, and wanted to see if I could get the national job since they kept saying he was under fire. Never happened. I guess that is what happens for the first time i ever went on holiday in this game. Guess I will restart it and actually play out the whole season then.

Dude, holiday if you want.. You clearly did well so fair enough. Just saying, the reason your assistant gets the award is because he was in charge.

Just reached Serie B after winning the play-offs.
How have your finances been after getting to Serie B? Ahead of the coming season i have €45k wage budget and 0 transfer budget, which is pretty much the same as i got in C2 -.-
Can't even sign any free agents ! :p

Just reached Serie B after winning the play-offs.
How have your finances been after getting to Serie B? Ahead of the coming season i have €45k wage budget and 0 transfer budget, which is pretty much the same as i got in C2 -.-
Can't even sign any free agents ! :p

yeah budget tends to be quite lame in serie B especially if your finances are still in red - which is supposed to happen with SM.

you could terminate some contracts if you need more cap space, then try to sell a few players and hope for co-ownership offers. Check http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ussion/85285-san-marino-guide-kandersson.html and the "Approaching Serie B" part for more info :)

I was just wondering if it was the same for you guys :D

I did this for a challenge, played waaay to much FM the past 4-5 years and was looking to get that FM-spark back, this has definitely given me that challenging fun again :D Signed some nice free agents now, surprised my finances allowed it! Gotta get rid of some garbage now to try make my wage expenses 1 or 2k lower!

this was our best international performance ever against a very respectable Iceland team:

View attachment 225154

this wasn't just a fluke, we were very solid in defence while also playing almost-sexy football and truly deserved our win.

I really think this could become a competitive team when/if we get our dual nationality starlets to commit with SM (the three best attackers in the country still rejecting NT, not to mention star striker A.Paolone playing for Italy U19...)

just started this the other day and enjoying it so far :) into December of first season and am in 1st, 11 points clear (with 1 defeat and 2 draws, rest wins) and the semi final of the Serie C cup. Is the first season the easiest? I wouldn't call myself great at this game but so far it's been going well

though after posting this I lost 1-0 to 2nd place team at home... I jinxed myself!

Last edited:
My first season. Nothing too exciting to really talk about, at least for screenshots. Don't let the final standings fool you. I was in total control of the season. Just down the stretch I had a bunch of key injuries for my team. One game actually had 6 or 7 injuries in the game (had to use three subs before halftime) and we lost that game 6-0 for the worst lost in our history. Had a 13 point lead and that vanished, and when I was tied with just four games left I was getting threaten by the board that if I don't win that I might be fire. I though that was funny. Didn't get far in the cup (lost in the first game). Did win the C2 Super Cup, or whatever the game is after the season is over.

Second season with my team that got promoted already has listed as finishing 5th. Added about 8 more guys so I should easy find my way on top again for promotion. That is unless I get fired cause I drop from first place again.​

well done guys, first season of SM challenge is always my favourite :)

Needed a new challenge on fm after doing pretty much all ive wanted to do, including getting eastleigh to the premiership! Just started as san marino club side, using a tactic ive made, some awesome free signings i found....and just beat real valladoid in a friendly 2-0 and drew with the serie a side cesena 0-0...watch this space...amazing challenge!!

Right as of January 2017 I can say this: San Marino can produce some excellent talents, but if they have dual nationality you might have to wait YEARS before actually using them for the NT.

These two in particular look really good, and are snubbing SM to represent Italy at youth level :mad:

View attachment 226335View attachment 226336

I'm afraid I'll have to wait 5-6 years before they'll accept SM...

PS updated my story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...t-another-san-marino-story-8.html#post1449915 :p

I only started this season this week, but I'm a student, so please don't judge me!San Marino - Season 2011-2012A very successful season for the Titani in C2/A - finishing first and securing our promotion, hopefully the first of many! Unfortunately, some very annoying draws kept us from taking the title sooner, but I let the team know that that was far from acceptable!
View attachment 226560
Unfortunately we were knocked out of the cup in the 3rd round, but at least we reached the board's target!

Our first, and most important signings were of course Messrs Scorza, Gulraiz, Abrahim and Sodinha, however Scorza was wildly inconsistent and painfully bad at finding the back of the net, so in January I got myself another striker, and the two of them seemed to alternate who was injured, both were in fairly good form though! You know most of these guys, but here's the backup striker I bought:
View attachment 226544
Got a couple of old but good centre backs, Martini and Meride, both French, one of them was my record signing at a whopping £100!!!
And my star playmaker, Mathias Cardacio, with 16 assists:
View attachment 226548
Transfer history: (Rimini were all over my players...)
View attachment 226557
Club finances:
View attachment 226558
Facilities remain unchanged apart from a minimal Junior Coaching increase.
Youth prospects:
View attachment 226549
View attachment 226550
View attachment 226551
View attachment 226552
View attachment 226553
There are some more, including a CB rated 5* by my scouts, but attachments are being funny...
And the only decent Sanmarinense regen I produced:
View attachment 226554
Some of my favourite results:
View attachment 226535
View attachment 226536
(They offered me a job mid-Feb, forgot to get a pic, but I obviously turned it down! I've been touted for lots of other ones too!)
View attachment 226537
View attachment 226542
View attachment 226538
My mid-season friendly league against some Serie A sides, very pleasing!
View attachment 226543

As for the NT, I was pretty much not bothered with it to start with, then I wanted it, made myself U21 manager and got a fair result against Slovenia U21s:
View attachment 226555

Only just taken charge of senior NT, next match against Poland in Euro Quals! Wish me luck! And with C1/A!

Oh, and I have a manager in the Sanmarinense league, managing the highest rated team. We won. We also attracted a fair amount of fairly decent players, the star CM was rated 2.5* by my scouts for San Marino! However, I did holiday this entire league, playing maybe one match here or there. I intend to play the CL qualifiers (1st pre-preliminary round or whatever it is...) to hopefully get lots of money by maybe winning a match, but the main aim is to just get some decent SM kids. There are none so far.

FORZA TITANI!!!

Last edited:
SEASON 1 2011/12
Won C2/A, C Cup and C Super Cup

Was a good season, slightly to easy with both strikers on such good form all season, Had problems in center midfield and didn't posses any quality players in this position. To make sure i get back to back promotions its something i will need to fix. Got absolutely no good regens so The national team is the same although i am not managing it yet.

League
View attachment 226651

Super Cup
View attachment 226648

C Cup
View attachment 226649

Squad
View attachment 226652

Team of the Year
View attachment 226650

Achievement: Serie C Treble

Just started this challenge this week, won Serie C2A and the C2 Super Cup however got knocked out in the third round of the Serie C cup. Made a couple of new signings for C1 but Im hoping the basis of my squad will be good enough for C1. Tried for the national job a few times but they keep laughing me off and all the regens I got were truly awful.

View attachment 226761View attachment 226768View attachment 226770View attachment 226769

Just finished my second season. Was favorite for fourth to finish at the start of the season before bringing in some free's and I needed it since I had again a bunch of injuries. My goalie went down for like 2 months and I lost every game, and then when we came back we won 10 of our next 12.

Won the C2 Super Cup as well. Again in the League Cup I did win my first game before falling to the next. I really don't care that much about the League Cup though. Did get to improve both my youth facilities and training ground, although in the new year going to be in the negatives since I added some high wages to hopefully push for my third promotion. Again like the first year the manager of the year went to the team that won the playoff although finishing at least fourth in the league. Was runner up so I guess I can take it. Need promotion this year or my finances might actually be in trouble.​