The Great San Marino Challenge

the San marino challenge?? seriously??! someone is really bored here :D good job though

classic challenge from the old CM days, still very popular after all these years :)

having a little break from SM right now (currently doing http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/92254-nordic-challenge.html), these were my latest achievements, which include a Super Cup double to start new season!

View attachment 220125View attachment 220126View attachment 220127

PS: added seanbutcherafc to the hall of fame, always feel free to give me a reminder if I missed someone ;)

This is the ultimate in Football Manager challenges. However, just wondering if anyone knows any other teams and countries that you could try this with? I know there is Andorra in one of the lower Spanish leagues, and obviously the Welsh teams in England, but does anyone know anymore?

This is the ultimate in Football Manager challenges. However, just wondering if anyone knows any other teams and countries that you could try this with? I know there is Andorra in one of the lower Spanish leagues, and obviously the Welsh teams in England, but does anyone know anymore?

There's Vaduz/Liechtenstein in Swiss League - check last years thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-challenges/73425-almost-great-vaduz-liechtenstein-challenge.html. Nice one, unfortunately Vaduz can't play CL football (same as irl) which is a big minus.

Then Toronto or Vancouver and Canada in American MLS, one of my favourite but MLS is still so bugged in this game...

Wellington/New Zealand in Australian A-League if you are ok playing in a tiny league with very little money.

Played with each of them and always had fun but SM challenge is simply the best :)

Would like to try Andorra someday, but spanish 8th tier is too extreme for me atm...

Just finished my third season and my first in serie B and am reasonably pleased with a 12th place finish after a late push for a play off place with three games to go i was 7th 3 points behind sixth and lost my last three games to take me down to 12th which was a dissapointing end to the season.

View attachment 220996

As for the NT they are doing a lot better without me haha they haven't conceded more than four goals and also won 2 friendlys.

View attachment 221003

Will conyinue to post at the end of each season Mon the TITANI !!!!!

Started the challenge 3 days ago, an i must say it`s really interesting. For now i`m only playing with the club, i wil take the NT later. Finished my first season in first place wit 78 ponts. Top goalscorer- ofc Enzo Scorza with 31 goals . Cardacio was gr8 also, failed to sign Conti but i`m hopping i can sign him in the next transfer window.
View attachment 221158
Scorza and my brightest talend Orlandini.
View attachment 221157View attachment 221156
Transfers:
View attachment 221160

P.S. I have also won the cup, and the Super cup. Having slight problem with the financies, but i can see all of u had the same problem, so it`s not so bad. Board doing good job with cash injections.

Noooooo my laptop isnt working but av just rebooted it which means that ill have to start the challenge again but owell a can try and improve on how i did the last time and get a couple more of the achievements.

Will keep on doing season bye season updates to keep people posted.

C'Mon the TITANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-2012 Season
Started this challenge after I stumbled across this a few days ago, ironically while googling Alessandria Calcio for information
on the club before starting a save with it. So far, I am enjoying the save, and I plan over to take the NT once I reach Serie A.
I am using a self created 3-4-3 (3-4-2-1 in fm) based on napoli's playstyle and hit opponents hard at the break. Hence I have
a bit of trouble against teams that like to sit back. However, I have only failed to win twice (both draws) in matches that I have
scored first, and have a lot of memorable comeback wins :)

These are the results for the Titani! The LLM TREBLE!!

View attachment 221643View attachment 221644View attachment 221645

I enjoyed great success, especially in the first half of the season, going into 12 consecutive victories. However, I lost Scorza for
4 months against Sampdoria in a winter break friendly, and Gulraiz for 2 months in February. I am still satisfied with the results
of the season even though I missed out on the top scorer award. Conti still managed to get the highest assist in the league though.

Here are some other various screenshots including club overview, squad stats, tactics, and transfers. I have picked up Scorza,
Gulraiz, Conti, and D'elia from the thread, and have scouted the rest on my own. Looking forward to another great season in
Serie C1!!

View attachment 221648View attachment 221649View attachment 221650View attachment 221651View attachment 221652View attachment 221653View attachment 221654

2011-2012 Season
Started this challenge after I stumbled across this a few days ago, ironically while googling Alessandria Calcio for information
on the club before starting a save with it. So far, I am enjoying the save, and I plan over to take the NT once I reach Serie A.
I am using a self created 3-4-3 (3-4-2-1 in fm) based on napoli's playstyle and hit opponents hard at the break. Hence I have
a bit of trouble against teams that like to sit back. However, I have only failed to win twice (both draws) in matches that I have
scored first, and have a lot of memorable comeback wins :)

These are the results for the Titani! The LLM TREBLE!!

View attachment 221643View attachment 221644View attachment 221645

I enjoyed great success, especially in the first half of the season, going into 12 consecutive victories. However, I lost Scorza for
4 months against Sampdoria in a winter break friendly, and Gulraiz for 2 months in February. I am still satisfied with the results
of the season even though I missed out on the top scorer award. Conti still managed to get the highest assist in the league though.

Here are some other various screenshots including club overview, squad stats, tactics, and transfers. I have picked up Scorza,
Gulraiz, Conti, and D'elia from the thread, and have scouted the rest on my own. Looking forward to another great season in
Serie C1!!

View attachment 221648View attachment 221649View attachment 221650View attachment 221651View attachment 221652View attachment 221653View attachment 221654

fantastic season mate, Gulraiz-Conti behind Scorza must be a joy to watch these are the kind of players that can take SM to serie A!

welcome to SM hall of fame :)

fantastic season mate, Gulraiz-Conti behind Scorza must be a joy to watch these are the kind of players that can take SM to serie A!

welcome to SM hall of fame :)

Thank you! I hope that I can apply the current tactic to Sammarinese players later on. Can't wait to reach Serie A and start working on the NT. On the other hand, I applied for the Spain U23s, just for the Olympics but got rejected. LOL

EDIT:

HOLY **** CUP HERO MERLIN!!

View attachment 221870View attachment 221871

I shall now call him Merlin the Magician from now on :)

View attachment 221873

Never expected to achieve Giant Killer in my second season!

Last edited:
I have just finished my first season and have won the league and also the super cup the same players as always were the stand out performers but my center half was my top scorer this season with 23 goals from 45 games and c ame third in the league top scorer but unfortunately lost him on a pre contract to sampdoria. DAM he was good looking to go one better and get the treble next season hopefully and i have also decided that i am not going to take over the NT until i am in serie A as i want to concentrate on the club just now.

View attachment 221940View attachment 221938

Best season yet - By a mile!

View attachment 222275

Overall, pretty happy with my dealings. Some might notice I picked Enzo Scorza up on a free, but that was just me being sentimental, he never played and will not get his contract renewed. Mohamed Diomande was ace, Soren Jochumsen is insanely promising and Alexandre Rouyer is one **** of a player.

View attachment 222276

I was taking part in the Champions League for the first time and did very well I thought.

View attachment 222277

Pretty good I think, and great financially. I also had a good cup run.

View attachment 222278

But it was in the league that was where I excelled.

View attachment 222279

I'll admit 79 points is a low total for a league winning team but I don't really care.

My star performers :

View attachment 222280

View attachment 222281

And my favorite players, Andrea Villa and Armando Bragagnolo.

View attachment 222282

View attachment 222283

Would make this more detailed if I had the time, sorry!

I have just finished my second season and have won back to back titles and have also completed The LLM Treble as I Won The serie C cup and also the super cup i had another average season and will have to make alot of new signings if i am to complete the straights A's accomplishment as i haven't got any players that have stood out by scoring goals.

View attachment 222414View attachment 222416View attachment 222415

Still haven't tacken the NT job as i am waiting till i get to Serie A.

Will continue to do season by season updates.

Mon the Titani !!!!!!!!

Lol they must be desperate offering it to a manager in serie C :p

how do i load all players with nationality of san marino?

doesnt matter found it

Last edited:
Season 2012-2012 Serie C1/B Giant Killer and The Great Escape

League and Cup Competitions:

2012-2013 was an exciting season for the Titani. We achieved the highest position in the club's history.

View attachment 222865

Champions of Serie C1/B Division, along with most goals scored and least goals conceded!

View attachment 222866View attachment 222867View attachment 222868

Our team advanced to the fourth qualifying round of the Coppa Italia (Italian Cup) and suffered a Penalty Shootout loss to Serie A side Chieve. Nevertheless, the whole team including cup hero Laurent Merlin gave ittheir best.

View attachment 222869

We decided to give our fringe players an opportunity to prove themselves in the Serie C Cup. However, the result was disastrous, with defending champions being knocked out in the second round.

View attachment 222870

The Titani accomplished their double by winning the Serie C1 Super Cup over Benevento, with a 1-1 draw away and 2-1 victory at home.
Transfers and Players:

View attachment 222872

The Titani were once again busy in the transfer market, signing 14 players over the year. Key transfers were French attacking midfielder/striker Laurent Merlin, Argentinian central defender Ezequiel Filippetto, Dutch wingback-converted-to-wide-mid Ruud Hendriks, and Dutch central midfielder William Addo.

View attachment 222875

Brought on a free from fellow Serie C1/B side Latina, Merlin the Magician quickly became a fan-favorite as he took advantage of Mohammed Gulraiz's pre-season injury. He scored 15 goals throughout the season, many of which were vital goals. Faded away during the second half of the season and lost his spot to Gulraiz once again.

View attachment 222876

Johan Martineau was signed from an amateur contract. He is a promising defender with good Serie A potential. He seemed to be the future of the Titani defense. Unfortunately, he was sold for €725,000 with 20% of next transfer to Serie B side Modena by the chairman.

View attachment 222915

Ruud Henrdiks is a wingback with good Serie A potential. He was immediately influencial in the first team, and has already had a few co-ownership offers that were declined even in Serie C1/B.

EDIT: Johan Martineau was sold to Lazio in a co-ownership deal at the end of the season. As far as I know, I haven't received any bit of the €550,000. What a bummer :(

Last edited:
how can I look national reports? I am San Marino NT's manager at my 3rd year. Most of players still out of my team and I don't have an idea about that players and I cannot receive a report about them.

What would you recommend about that situation. Shoul I resign from NT and take the job after a fev more year( when all players come from my team).

Sorry about bad english :)

Thank you.
Have fun.

I just chose the suggested players my assistant said, then added my own players
A few days before the game a message will pop up and say the squad he suggests and you can just accept that