The Great San Marino Challenge

I'm really starting to hate the NT. This happens way too much to enjoy it.

View attachment 234576

wazzup Squirrels, how you doing with the NT in 2023? any good/great SM players? any luck in major tournaments?

I managed to take the NT to EURO 2020 though we didn't exactly set the world on fire there...

View attachment 234724

dual nationality traitors are still killing me in 2020, can't seem to get ANY of them to commit to SM even after all these years :mad:

PS hey I just noticed we reached 1000+ replies in this thread, thanks to all my fellow Titani managers :)

Last edited:
Hello, good to see you're still sticking with it! Nothing to really report on NT wise, hence my disappearance from the thread haha. Still failing to qualify for anything. I thought a had a real shot at Euros this year, but I keep conceding in extra time and it's ******* me off XD. I have the easiest group I'll probably ever get but I lost 4-5 to Estonia and now that heartbreaker to Scotland.

I have two really good strikers (that's all I seem to ever get from my youth setup), a young midfield with lots of potential and depth, and a solid (attribute wise--though they always seem to blow it in close games) back four including my wonderkid/serie A right back. I think they just need more time to mature and grow as players. No one is over 22.

Serie A is just a snore-fest and a more of a chore than anything. The club is the 11th richest in the world ($415 mil), and I'm making ~$5 mil a month from TV revenue/monthly installments. I wish I could just holiday and only play NT but I don't trust the CPU to do anything right and I don't want it to tarnish what I've created.

Congrats on qualifying for Euros, that's pretty **** impressive. You're probably the only one who has done it or even gotten close!

Hello, good to see you're still sticking with it! Nothing to really report on NT wise, hence my disappearance from the thread haha. Still failing to qualify for anything. I thought a had a real shot at Euros this year, but I keep conceding in extra time and it's ******* me off XD. I have the easiest group I'll probably ever get but I lost 4-5 to Estonia and now that heartbreaker to Scotland.

I have two really good strikers (that's all I seem to ever get from my youth setup), a young midfield with lots of potential and depth, and a solid (attribute wise--though they always seem to blow it in close games) back four including my wonderkid/serie A right back. I think they just need more time to mature and grow as players. No one is over 22.

Serie A is just a snore-fest and a more of a chore than anything. The club is the 11th richest in the world ($415 mil), and I'm making ~$5 mil a month from TV revenue/monthly installments. I wish I could just holiday and only play NT but I don't trust the CPU to do anything right and I don't want it to tarnish what I've created.

Congrats on qualifying for Euros, that's pretty **** impressive. You're probably the only one who has done it or even gotten close!

yeah if you're lucky enough to get a weak qualifying group I think it's doable to fight for a place at EUROs. We did a great job outclassing weaker teams like Estonia and Azerbaijan which meant 12 points guaranteed, and if you can steal some results here and there EURO-dream will become reality :). Qualifying for World Cup will definitely be much tougher.

Feel exactly the same about club, my new goal with them is playing as many SM players as possible and actually I think we could already be around 4-5th place with an all-SM team in Serie A, IF I was to use the dual nationality defectors (and they're A LOT).

I wanted to ask you if you're having any luck with dual nationality players as of 2023, do they accept SM when they turn 23-24-25? I'd like to know if there's a point waiting for them and freezing their careers year after year... I have like 20 players with dual nationality rejecting SM as of 2020, 7-8 of them are really international class prospects that could make the NT much much better! Feels like I'm waiting for Godot every year...

Curious to see your best striker, this is my current first choice ST

View attachment 234821

would struggle to even make the team if I could play my best dual nationality attackers, he does score like a beast with the NT though ;)

btw latest update of my story here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-another-san-marino-story-14.html#post1477461

Unfortunately I'm not the person to ask about hold-outs. For the past few years I haven't even kept dual Italian/SM trialists unless they have a future in Serie A or I can sell them down the road, which means they will inevitably get called up by Italy.

I'm going through my youth intake history from 7-10 years ago and can't even find any dual nationality players that still exist, meaning they all seem to just secretly retire after not getting called up by Italy. I have a couple dual 20-something year olds still at the club but they keep rejecting.

These are my two strikers. Campobasso the legend, and Masiero the up-and-coming star :)

View attachment 234842 View attachment 234843

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm not the person to ask about hold-outs. For the past few years I haven't even kept dual Italian/SM trialists unless they have a future in Serie A or I can sell them down the road, which means they will inevitably get called up by Italy.

I'm going through my youth intake history from 7-10 years ago and can't even find any dual nationality players that still exist, meaning they all seem to just secretly retire after not getting called up by Italy. I have a couple dual 20-something year olds still at the club but they keep rejecting.

These are my two strikers. Campobasso the legend, and Masiero the up-and-coming star :)

View attachment 234842 View attachment 234843

interesting policy ;) unfortunately can't do the same mostly because I have lots of dual nationality players that are really REALLY good (they're often the best prospects of youth intake), so I'm keeping them at the club loaning them out year after year, hoping to use them for NT someday. Some have been called by Italy U19/U21 (not by senior team though), other ones simply keep rejecting SM even if Italy don't give a **** about them... just wonder when/if they'll make themselves available for SM.

that Masiero looks impressive and he's still so young, I think he could do well even at Serie A level.

Finally picked up my first point in a competitive match with the national team as I scored a 96th minute equaliser against Albania..... only took untill 2018 haha, looking forward to the away game against them as I was missing both first choice strikers so I'm hoping for a win. :D

View attachment 234983

June 18 2019, first competitive win against a top 100 side. 1-0 in Albania. Albania are 97th in the world. What a feeling! to actually achieve something with this nation of 31790 people!

First Win!

Yes, Yes, Yes! Finally got my first competitive win against a Romania team ranked 58th in the world and this also meant that I wasn't last in my qualifying group for once. Record goalscorer Raffaele D'Aniello put us 1-0 up with a trademark headed goal from a corner, his 25th for the national side, and 16 year old striker Massimo Gasperoni doubled the lead just after half time. Romania quickly pulled a goal back before having a man sent off. We then got two late injuries after using all subs so had to protect our lead for the last few minutes with 9 men but we were able to cling on. Hoping to break into the top 100 of the FIFA rankings now for the first time with this result, onwards and upwards for San Marino!

View attachment 235795View attachment 235796

Yes, Yes, Yes! Finally got my first competitive win against a Romania team ranked 58th in the world and this also meant that I wasn't last in my qualifying group for once. Record goalscorer Raffaele D'Aniello put us 1-0 up with a trademark headed goal from a corner, his 25th for the national side, and 16 year old striker Massimo Gasperoni doubled the lead just after half time. Romania quickly pulled a goal back before having a man sent off. We then got two late injuries after using all subs so had to protect our lead for the last few minutes with 9 men but we were able to cling on. Hoping to break into the top 100 of the FIFA rankings now for the first time with this result, onwards and upwards for San Marino!

View attachment 235795View attachment 235796

well done, Romania are a good team. You did have a tough group there, mine was much easier on the road for EURO 2020 :p

well done, Romania are a good team. You did have a tough group there, mine was much easier on the road for EURO 2020 :p
My group for World Cup Qualifying is even harder to be honest, Holland, Croatia, Scotland, Hungary and Georgia (Who lookway better than I thought). Anyway, I've finally broken into the top 100 in the World Rankings after the win against Romania.

View attachment 236015View attachment 236016

Also, I managed to convince the board to build us a new stadium after spending the last few years expanding the Olimpico to 30,000 seats. It holds 42,000 people and will be built in just over 1 and a half year, oh and they decided to name it after me aswell, which has never happened to me before on Football Manager.

View attachment 236224

Last edited:
Hi everyone, apologies for my lack of presence for a bit, I got a bit sick of pre-season so it took me a month or so to get through it, combined with stuff like university work!

However, the time spent on pre-season has paid off initially, with San Marino sitting top of Serie A (disclaimer: after 4 games). However, we have had good results against Genoa (4-3 away with a hat-trick for just-back-from-injury super striker Ivan Dzoni!), Lazio (2-2 away, which I'm more than comfortable with) and Inter (5-1 at home, including a hat-trick for my CB!!!). I seem to be Inter's bogey team!

Combine that with an exceptionally easy Europa League group (relative to the others) of Spartak Moscow, Dnipro, and FK Wien and I'm hoping for the Knockout rounds!

Have to say though, fixture congestion is going to take its toll on us, it's rare that we have a full week's rest. I suppose that's why you rotate, and while I've not quite worked out my first XI, particularly in midfield, I think I've narrowed it down enough.

Next game is Milan, then Wien mid-week, Juve next weekend, then we finally get an international break! Tough fixture list!

but the san marino club job isnt available at the start so how do u get it with you added manager?