The Great San Marino Challenge

I guess i'm done with this amazing challenge. Done 20 seasons, more or less, 10 winning everything with the club, left for a fresh new challenge then returned after 5 or 6 years to save them from huge debts and winning a championship again. Got the stadium named after me for the first time ever :D and made San Marino the 6th best national team in the world. Now there's nothing left to do i guess, i haven't won anything with the National Team but i grew tired of the save... anyway, one of the most fun challenges ever since playing CM 01/02. San Marino :wub:

Just a quick question, could someone post their average attendances for San Marino after a few seasons of dominating Serie A and Europe? I'm just wondering how much the attendance can grow in a city with 0 attraction and 10k-25k population after some good solid seasons.

Just a quick question, could someone post their average attendances for San Marino after a few seasons of dominating Serie A and Europe? I'm just wondering how much the attendance can grow in a city with 0 attraction and 10k-25k population after some good solid seasons.

Here is my average attendance for every year. Hope this helps, and my current stadium is 65,000 seater.

View attachment 242444

Also what is everyone's sponsorship at? I seems as if it is capped a little low. Same with the tv rights I guess. Seemed to be capped now at 105 million despite new stadiums being built.

I'll give this challenge a go. Need to unlock the Italian Hero achievement anyway

Here is my average attendance for every year. Hope this helps, and my current stadium is 65,000 seater.

View attachment 242444

Thanks! That's pretty interesting, it really seems like the city and its population/attraction, only really affect the growth of your fans before you get to European stage. After that it seems like success makes it skyrocket.

Commando your league standings look like mine. Always a tight race till the end with like 4-5 times vying for that top spot. Also nice job on the free's, and I had big success in doing that every year and if they do well they jump in value so if you have a young player behind them or not just sell them off at the end of the year for some more money. Don't just always do that like I did cause then a tycoon will probably take over and then the league will lose all appeal (which is why I only use Sammarines players now). From the standings and the new players even with some injuries I see you getting to CL next year.

Yeah I don't really need the money tbh, I've improved my scouting skills so I can find decent players for cheap/free, no need to buy expensive any more, and I've been given loads more in sponsorship and TV deals, so no need to play the market atm.

My CS team, Tre Fiori, have just turned semi-pro! Finally! We then got knocked out in the 2nd qual round of the CL, 4-3 on pens away to BATE. I'm pretty gutted tbh, we could easily have won the match but just lost out, because I only have 1 player (former SM club youth Freddy Drogba (any relation to Didier?)) with pen ability over 10. There's always next year.

SM have drawn Grasshoppers in Europa quals, confident of victory there!

Could you post some screenies of your key players, facilties, finances, league rep etc. please?

here you go mate, couldn't figure out where to find league rep but got everyone's finanaces instead.

here are my curent facilities

View attachment 242611View attachment 242607

and the finances for me and the league

View attachment 242610View attachment 242615

and my key players, i'm sure you know biordi already, i've got my 2 best CM's and Fabris who is my star striker scoring 42 if 51 league games for us so far and 6 in 12 games in europe.

View attachment 242614View attachment 242613View attachment 242609View attachment 242612

and here is Russo, the player taht juvenus dogana nicked from me and i could really do with bringing back for european ties where I need him for the squad rules and the only youth player i've produced who could potentially be a first team starter. (although i've got a couple of garunteed starters (including biordi) from san marino and a couple others as backup/ rotation fullbacks.)

View attachment 242608

and my key players, i'm sure you know biordi already

go JB!

View attachment 242641

recently retired in my game at just 27, he wouldn't renew his contract with San Marino and couldn't sell him to anyone. There were lots of clubs interested in signing him for free (including Qatar clubs!) but nothing happened and sadly Biordi retired after one year or so. A regular for the NT for almost a decade, and truly a cult figure for SM with his 80 caps and 9 goals.

Maybe you can sign fellow SM "wonderkid" (...) Mattia Stefanelli for your club? I think he could be a very good striker for that standard of football and might be interested in joining SM league.

unfortunately my game seems too small, hopefully he'll turn up when i load the italian leagues for the start of the next season. although i have got nicola rondelli as fabris' strike partner and 3 of the san marinese keepers that start the game at san marino.

I've decided to do this challenge but how do i manage both NT and Club? Because when i add manager and retire from NT i never get the job?

I've decided to do this challenge but how do i manage both NT and Club? Because when i add manager and retire from NT i never get the job?

it's probably easier if you do it the other way round and retire from the club job then apply with the national manager

2031-2032 Season (18th in Serie A, 4th with only Sammarines)

LEAGUE: For what we did this year it wasn't the biggest story of the year since we had to fight tooth and nail for first place. First time since I been up in Serie A that someone would hit 90 points on the year, and only in the last two years did one team break 80 points with San Marino last year with 81. Inter would be the first team to crack 100 goals scored in the season, as we had our best season with 88.

MATTIO CASADEI

View attachment 242778View attachment 242774View attachment 242775View attachment 242776View attachment 242777

Not even Serie A player of the year? He was 36 goals in 36 league games? He was one of the sole reasons why we made it to the finals of the Champs league, which we lost to Florentina. Another reason why we lead onto the league. Although when he didn't score we would either tie or lose. So hopefully he doesn't come up with any serious injuries.

NATIONAL TEAM

View attachment 242779

Still can't beat a top ten team as Engand would beat us 1-3. Still was able to qualify though which was a lot easier than the World Cup.

View attachment 242780

Don't know if this really counts as finally beating a top 10 team since they are ranked #10 in the world. Still we will take it.

View attachment 242782

Offically win over top ten as they were ranked #8. That will again push us into the Semi's for our second straight tournament with the National Team.

View attachment 242781

Another semi's, another loss to a top ten team. At least we scored in this game, and it was real close. So close to at least an appearance to the finals. We did get Marino to finally join our team (Italy defector) to give us some more help since after the loss 3 of our defenders would call it quits for the national team.

View attachment 242783

With those wins, and two against top 10 teams it would let us end up ranked our highest rating ever. Will the defenders hurt, well we still have a couple of years now until World Cup so hopefully we can keep this momentum going.

OTHER NEWS AND TIDBITS

View attachment 242784

I know it's not the biggest or strongest team when it comes to the national team, but it would be the second friendly this year that we would win by this score. This was just the higher team as they were ranked #89 while the other was #113.

View attachment 242785

Yes we are still the richest club in the world, and the only one above 1 billion (and probably ever will be), but look at five of the top ten teams and tell me what you see...

here you go mate, couldn't figure out where to find league rep but got everyone's finanaces instead.

here are my curent facilities

View attachment 242611View attachment 242607

and the finances for me and the league

View attachment 242610View attachment 242615

and my key players, i'm sure you know biordi already, i've got my 2 best CM's and Fabris who is my star striker scoring 42 if 51 league games for us so far and 6 in 12 games in europe.

View attachment 242614View attachment 242613View attachment 242609View attachment 242612

and here is Russo, the player taht juvenus dogana nicked from me and i could really do with bringing back for european ties where I need him for the squad rules and the only youth player i've produced who could potentially be a first team starter. (although i've got a couple of garunteed starters (including biordi) from san marino and a couple others as backup/ rotation fullbacks.)

View attachment 242608

You're a couple of years of progress ahead of me, but it's a shame the other clubs don't seem to be progressing. That Russo lad is better than anyone I've produced. These are the best of a bad bunch:

View attachment 242891View attachment 242892

And none of the other teams have done any better. Also, I'd thoroughly recommend Stefanelli;

View attachment 242893View attachment 242894

2019-2020 Season
Serie A - 1st Place
View attachment 242981
That's the 3rd year in a row we have won Serie A.

Italian Cup - Winners
View attachment 242982
That's the 4th year in a row we have won the Italian Cup.

Champions League - Winners
View attachment 242986View attachment 242987View attachment 242988
I was a tad concerned drawing Madrid in the Final since they knocked us out last season.
Revenge has never tasted sweater.

Key Players
View attachment 242989View attachment 242990View attachment 242991
On a side note: Enrico Stocco placed 2nd in the World Best Player Award.

Club Legend
View attachment 242992
This guy has been there since I got promoted from C1/A. He has been the captain of our squad for 5 seasons. For some odd reason, despite playing in virtually every game, his stats began to drop everywhere and consistantly .... and he's only 21y.o. Needless to say he was replaced in my squad and when Liverpool offered me this much money for him, I'd be stupid not to sell him. The fans want my head though.

National Team
My first win as NT manager
View attachment 242993

Youth Prospects
View attachment 242994View attachment 242995
2 decent regens that actually want to play for the NT. Yay!

Season One of my San Marino Challenge

Went really well. Finalcially im screwed,400k in the red but team is strong so will have a good base for next season. Failed in the cup though so need improvement on that. Here are my screenies.

9104E6D314E792806A5413B9905B06DF696176B7
6D767B8841128B6363F1DCFEF5013BE54379DC6C

This is getting a little odd. I know that Serie A in my save is the best in the world, but how come everyone else's saves its San Marino by 20 points in the league by 2020. I always have to fight tooth and nail it seems to finish first. I want a season like that.

2032-2033 Season (19th in Serie A, 5th with only Sammarines)

LEAGUE: Second team every in Serie A (in my save of course) that a team broke the 100 goals in a season. Casadei would pick up where he left last season and just torch Serie A as he would topple some records. Still despite him, we barely held onto first with our 10 ties. Still first is first and we claim it once again.
MATTEO CASADEI

View attachment 243165View attachment 243166View attachment 243167View attachment 243168View attachment 243169

Again what can we say. He was amazing for us. He did pick up a serious injury for 3 months, but luckily it was right before the finals of the Champs league, which we won 1-0 of A.C. Milan, but still was excellent for us as a 24 year old player and is now turning out the be one of the superstars in soccer. San Marino player winning Best player in Europe?! CRAZY!!!

NATIONAL TEAM:

View attachment 243170

No it can't be true. (Sorry American so of course I root for U.S.A.) and we are now in the group stage with them in the world cup. We look to be so much better, who would of image that, but also in with the world's best team and the team that won the last World Cup. This might be a bad year if we get bounced out early to the Americans.

OTHER INTERESTING TIDBITS:

View attachment 243171View attachment 243172

Apparently didn't affect this season. I am kind of torn. Since I am using only Sammarines players now, or well people who are eligible for NT, even if it means some players I have to wait until they are 24 until they can play for me. Plus does it really matter if they take the transfer budget away cause I don't use it. Also my owner I don't even know what he paid for the club, but would be stupid to sell it. I assume it was for like 350 million maybe what he bought it for, but he has taken about 1 billion back from how much money we have been getting since under him. Plus if he sells it I hope it goes to the fans and then at least the money they take out hopefully can build up local clubs (which I doubt).

View attachment 243173

Just to show everyone why my gave sucks since Serie A is tough while everyone else gets cupcake league games. Just kidding.​

Season One of my San Marino Challenge

Went really well. Finalcially im screwed,400k in the red but team is strong so will have a good base for next season. Failed in the cup though so need improvement on that. Here are my screenies.

Wouldn't worry about finances, mine were dreadful until Serie A, and they're still not great as I keep spending on facility upgrades etc

Just focus on momentum getting you up there, then stay for a season and you'll be fine. I honestly thought I had no chance in Serie B but managed to secure 2nd and almost finished 2nd in Serie A this season.