The Great San Marino Challenge

hey there kandersson! i'm from portugal and i really enjoyed your challenge. i will start my San Marino adventure now. thank you!

Gonna have to call it quits on my save unless anyone knows how I can miraculously reduce my loading times. My database is ~150,000 at this point and it's almost unplayable (takes ~24 in-game hours to complete a season). Oh well, live and learn. Only loading a couple countries next year :p

u can reduce your database in game mate. go to the top menu choose remove leagues and remove the ones u dont want any more.

I've been playing as Tre Flori in the Campionato Sammarinese and I've won everything the first two seasons, and gotten to the second qualifying round of the Champions League twice, and now have around a million in the bank. However, we're still amateur and have reached our peak as long as we remain so.. Anybody know when we will go semi-pro, or how much money is needed?

hey there kandersson! i'm from portugal and i really enjoyed your challenge. i will start my San Marino adventure now. thank you!

glad to hear that, good luck!

@squirrels: yeah I think the add/remove leagues option should do. Hopefully you can go on with the challenge :)

Hi Kandersson, amazing achievement youve done. I have 2 questions: What tactic did you use to get San Marino (club) up as I'm not very good at creating lower league tactics? Also do you know where I can download the San Marino league system? Thanks in advance :)

Hi Kandersson, amazing achievement youve done. I have 2 questions: What tactic did you use to get San Marino (club) up as I'm not very good at creating lower league tactics? Also do you know where I can download the San Marino league system? Thanks in advance :)

I had posted my tactic in the story thread here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ies/87029-not-another-san-marino-story-8.html post No.80. Very same tactic I uploaded for FM11, find description and instructions in this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sexiest-football-ever-seen-lower-leagues.html

as for SM league you can find a link in the opening post, it's in the "Rules" section (all credit to sammyt)

quick question Kandersson. With the whole achievement of playing with Sammarines players and staying up in Serie A (dual citizenship allowed). Is it allowed to have Italian players as well (with the dual citizenship) or is it just have to be Sammarines nationality.

Also can we have just some older guys who are Italian, but don't have dual. They won't play at all. I signed them two years ago to help tutor some players and that is their sole purpose. I am trying to go for that achievement this year. Just curious if it will count or if I have to wait until after the year to let the older guys go, since I can't sell them, since their contract will be expired.

quick question Kandersson. With the whole achievement of playing with Sammarines players and staying up in Serie A (dual citizenship allowed). Is it allowed to have Italian players as well (with the dual citizenship) or is it just have to be Sammarines nationality.

Also can we have just some older guys who are Italian, but don't have dual. They won't play at all. I signed them two years ago to help tutor some players and that is their sole purpose. I am trying to go for that achievement this year. Just curious if it will count or if I have to wait until after the year to let the older guys go, since I can't sell them, since their contract will be expired.

yeah players with dual SM/ITA nationality are allowed even if they declare for Italy. Also it's ok to sign foreign players (of any nationality) for tutoring, as long as they don't play a single minute in competitive games!

Gonna have to call it quits on my save unless anyone knows how I can miraculously reduce my loading times. My database is ~150,000 at this point and it's almost unplayable (takes ~24 in-game hours to complete a season). Oh well, live and learn. Only loading a couple countries next year :p

Only have U.S.A. in mine, or well viewable in mine. Maybe that is another reason why it takes me so little to finish a season. Since I can't be any other team for this mode it made sense not to add anything else. I think it takes me like 6-8 hours to finish a season. Depending on if the league is close or not.

Also I don't know if Squirrel or Kandersson if you gotten this message yet, but people are starting to complain about me being the NT coach cause most of the team is made up of players on my team. I wonder why...

Also I don't know if Squirrel or Kandersson if you gotten this message yet, but people are starting to complain about me being the NT coach cause most of the team is made up of players on my team. I wonder why...

In FM 11 I've seen it about Spain with most players being from Barca and Pep had the NT job too.

I've been playing as Tre Flori in the Campionato Sammarinese and I've won everything the first two seasons, and gotten to the second qualifying round of the Champions League twice, and now have around a million in the bank. However, we're still amateur and have reached our peak as long as we remain so.. Anybody know when we will go semi-pro, or how much money is needed?

Well I've been Tre Fiori for 5 years and still not semi pro, but I've also only got 1 mil in the bank following some training upgrades. I think sammyt said he had taken 5-6 years, but I'm not sure about it...

I've only been taking them seriously for this season though, 14W0D1L so far in the league. Very frustrated with the loss... Hoping for some 3rd Qual round next year!

Last edited:
2027-2028 Season (14th year in Serie A)

LEAGUE: Again another league title for us. Actually only had 1 loss through 30 games in the league. That would be it for the starters again when the youth players came in to get some playing time. This will probably be the last year we win the league...

View attachment 241291View attachment 241292

Board apparently didn't like us to have 1.14B in our balance so we went back to around 830M after this. Still curious of where all this "reserve investment fund" is and what it does.

View attachment 241293View attachment 241294

NATIONAL TEAM: Still nothing really important to talk here. We did finish third and got to a playoff game with Greece for Euro. league. Problem was we tied 2-2 on the road, and had the lead 2-1 going into extra time. Finally looked as if I would do something, but sadly my team apparently didn't show up at home as we tied 0-0, although we had plenty of chances and hit like 7 off the crossbar. Still only good news was this. He actually played a lot for the club which is why he is turning into a new stud for our team.

BREAKING NEWS

So looks as if winning the league and champs league every year is out of the picture. Decided to sell off the rest of my team to let all San Marino people play for a year. Sold two people for 53 million each, which was our highest fee's ever (both for my strikers who were world class), and sold off my best defender who was the best in the world for 51 million. Then three others for like 11.5, 22, and 38M.

SPOILER ALERT FOR NEXT SEASON

Not as bad as I though I would do as I am above the bottom 5 teams. Currently in January. (My phone is broken and most of my work is conference calls so I have the next day off as well I guess). So going to try to finish off the year. At least all my tutoring of players for the past 4 years made some of my guys amazing. Problem is that they let the problems of them carry over. I swear I have given up more own goals than actually goals. What I have found out about the national team and my team intake of players.

1. Apparently I need M (C) players badly. Only had 3 with two actually being very young so they go a game and are tired. The only guy I have who is older (25) is constantly unhappy. Just bought the best midfielder of Sammarines, but he won't play for another month since he is injured. Had to pay 6.75M for him.

2. I actually have like 9 players on my senior squad who are attacking midfielders, but none of them can play M (C). I would try to train some of them, but my strikers (only had 3 right now who are decent) always seem to get injured and while most are attacking midfielders, but they can also play striker which I need.

3. Apparently looks like in about 20 years that San Marino will be producing World Class players in defenders. We are overally abundant right now. Despite only having 4 guys who could play. I did buy the only good defender on the NT that wasn't on my team for really cheap around 120K.

4. My goalie of the past two years skipped youth play and was on senior team. Got a lot of playing time and with tutoring is now amazing. Problem is he is very streaky (despite having great stats for only 17, guess that is what happens when you have 2 world class goalies before him). Problem is I need someone else to tutor.

5. I had to buy some foreign people on free's in the window as their contract is expiring for next year. 4 guys to be exact and they are all midfielders to hopefully be able to play. I might actually have to buy a world class striker as well since I am only averaging 1.7 goals a game instead of over 3 from last year.

I think sammyt said he had taken 5-6 years, but I'm not sure about it.

i think it was 7 years for the first team on my holiday test, but now i think about it i forgot to check if they had a takeover.

speaking of takeovers i did find this quite funny in my game.

View attachment 241428View attachment 241427

just to give an update on my game i'm nearing the end of the 2015/2016 season and havn't yet turned semi pro. i have been giving end of season updates on the 5 champions league title's in a row thread as that is my main long term goal with this save.

Unfortunately for me, if I see an amazing young player who is available for cheap, I just have to sign him, I have just signed, on end of contract deals, 4 brilliant prospects from Real. Working on another two as well!

@kandersson: I started using your tactic. First match, 5-0. Good start, and it fits my players well, just need to teach them the right PPMs and I'm laughing.

brilliant news in my pennarossa game, at the start of the 2016/2017 season i got this message in my inbox

View attachment 241543

so to those of you who are playing in the Campionato Sammarinese it doesn't take too long, and seeing as pennarossa aren't the best team at the start of the game some of you mightbe able to undercut me by a season. so after 5 years in charge it looks like things are finally starting to progress, hopefully it won't be too long before i manage to turn fully pro.

so to those of you who are playing in the Campionato Sammarinese it doesn't take too long, and seeing as pennarossa aren't the best team at the start of the game some of you mightbe able to undercut me by a season. so after 5 years in charge it looks like things are finally starting to progress, hopefully it won't be too long before i manage to turn fully pro.

As soon as I start to get the National team to at least do something like in winning a tournament then I will start one with the San Marino league and take the league to prominence. Or at least until the new game comes out.

2028-2029 Season (15 year in Serie A, 1st with only Sammarines players)

LEAGUE: Not to shabby. We were getting some messages for most of the year about underachieving. We were in 11th place for the majority of the middle of the year. We actually started off pretty good going 3-1-0, but then went on a bad losing streak that got me into 11th place. TURNAROUND was the A.C. Milan game. Out of the five first half goals against us three were own goals and one was a PK. We would result in our biggest lost ever under our coach as we lost 0-8, previous was 0-6. A little after that we would go on a run of 10 games, despite most being bottom half clubs, as we would make a push for champs league again. We would get it when it came down to the final game. We would only be able to win the World Club Championship to be the only hardware we would bring home this season.

View attachment 241598View attachment 241599

Top scoring in the Serie A wasn't my guy for the first time in like ten seasons. Still the reason is that second was my player was second with just 2 goals shy of him. Still pretty impressive when he is only 20 as well. Picture is at the start of the next season.

NATIONAL TEAM:Nothing to report here either. We did climb up to the highest spot ever at 38, but still can't qualify for anything. Problem is that every time we are in a group we are in a group of at least two top 10 clubs so they usually always qualify. The good news is at at the end of the new year we finally got more than just one superstar coming through the ranks. While the defenders will get called up to the senior squad they will just be backups as of right now since we are stacked on the back line.

As soon as I start to get the National team to at least do something like in winning a tournament then I will start one with the San Marino league and take the league to prominence. Or at least until the new game comes out.

in reply to your season update (didn't want to quote such a long post) if you are getting too many CB's then it might be worth converting one or two of them into ball winning centremids.

in reply to your season update (didn't want to quote such a long post) if you are getting too many CB's then it might be worth converting one or two of them into ball winning centremids.

I thought it would be better to take an attacking player (AMC, AM) and turn them into a midfielder instead of of CB's. Or is it better to get a CB to play as a CM? I never though about that and how long does it take for them to learn the midfield?