The Great San Marino Challenge

Right so after my first save died because of crash dumps I started again. I holidayed the first season and it was far too easy.

View attachment 200337 View attachment 200338

My strikeforce was on fire! Complete domination!

My second season was a different story though. It came down to the last day to even claim a play-off place, I beat Frosinone, who were top 2, and beat them 5-0 in the last game.
Then came the play-offs. I came up against Spezia and was 3-0 down in the first leg which was at home. All was lost so I just said play with no pressure and go all out and it was amazing! Completely dominated!

View attachment 200339 View attachment 200340

So through to the final and we were up against Crotone. We played 180 minutes with no goals whatsoever. It went into extra time and the god, the legend that is Enzo Scorza pops up and buries a 25 yarder! Was brilliant!

View attachment 200343

So now back to where I was a couple of days ago and with one aim: promotion!

Yikes. Serie B is absolutely brutal. Basically every single team is bigger, faster, stronger, and more technical than yours is fresh off promotion. Not only that but I'm still broke and can't even buy anyone decent. Much harder for LLM's this year now that your reserve squad can't tour Australia every year :p.

I've tried using/tweaking two of Raikan's tactics so far and they have been absolutely awful for me this season both defensively and offensively. Also tried replicating a 4-1-2-1-2 that I used that year with much success, and it's slightly better at best. Not sure why my players are sucking so badly considering I think my team is pretty decent. Combine that with constant injuries and I'm **** outta luck at the moment.

3 points away from relegation and it's not looking great.
View attachment 200344

I'm just not understanding how I'm unable to score goals. Take a look at my ST's/AM's (ignore current injuries, they have been bad all season):

View attachment 200345View attachment 200346View attachment 200347View attachment 200348View attachment 200349View attachment 200350View attachment 200352

Immobile is the only halfway decent performer the entire season. You'd think the poacher's would get some goals here and there considering their pace, but nope, they are useless. Just as a note: I abandoned my winger formations halfway through the season for a more defensive 4-1-2-1-2 so that's why I loaned out one of them.

/rant

View attachment 200351

Quite comfortable, just glad to get out of this division. At one point Alessandria had me worried as they closed the gap to 3 points, but then they were blown back out.

View attachment 200353View attachment 200354View attachment 200355

Notice the orgasmic form I was in at the start, cut out the friendlies and maybe a game or two at the top. I was running away with it with my early league form.

View attachment 200356

My transfer history for anyone struggling with players, don't get Cesar though, as good as his stats are he plays ****.

View attachment 200357

Without Scorza I'd have been screwed, he killed teams off in some games. The Italian leagues are slow paced, and his pace brings him bags of opportunities which he will duly take. Brilliant player.

View attachment 200358

Another great intelligent striker, scored vital goals and helped Scorza with the task of firing San Marino into C1.

View attachment 200359

As someone smart on this topic put it, a solid keeper is key to a successful campaign. This guy is quality between the sticks at this level, makes some class saves and didn't make a mistake all year.

Other good players for me were Gulraiz and Guibilato.

Bring on C1. Titani!

i picked up sciarrone and galraiz as well as Hamaschi from argentina, the guy is awesome as my flair free role player. minggazzi and windrumm in holding DLP, galraiz is on a goal a game upfront. Defo need to offload my deadwood though, gooan cut my losses an just release them and hope by the time the start hitting the possible potential levels i'll be a couple of divisions up and they wont be good enough for the squad anyway. Lovin this challenge. Anyone any good at xml file and wanna create the Titani team badge?

we all know the decent players to buy, but how you guys doin with the club financial status? i'm under wage budget by about £7k a week but still losing cash. Think its a good idea to try arrange mid season home friendlies during international weeks? or just hope i make cash or at least break even when the final season totals are doll'd out?

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Considering you are doing two teams at once could you try and hire a Sammarinese coach and see if you get Sammarinese regens?

yh might try that, got a SM scout at the club but dont think that'll work, might give my other guy the U-21 job when i get the national team role see if that produces any.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

have you guys inserted the created san marino league xml for this or jsut the basic database?

Last edited:
2013/2014 Season Review

Table
View attachment 200464

Just barely managed to avoid a relegation playoff with a brilliant finish. Proud of the team. They came up big when needed and showed some major improvement.
View attachment 200465

New Key Signing
View attachment 200469
4* CA/4.5* PA

5* Youth Recruit
View attachment 200472
Already as highly rated as any of my other CM's. Will definitely give him a little first team action this year.

San Marino NT moved up to 203rd!!!

~~~World Cup Winner~~~
Brazil 1
-0 France

(Spain didn't even qualify lol. Finished 3rd in qualifying below Belarus!)

No idea how you insert or take screeshots from FM,,, but regardless its all going well so far..

P 12 W 10 D 2 L O F 34 A 9

so 9 points clear of Casale and still in the Seria C cup 3rd Round Group.

Am heomorraging cash all over the place at the min though, am bout £400k so far in the year (November). Started arranging friendlies during any spare dates and playing the u-18 team over and over, making about 6k a game on a good day. It all helps, i hope ^_^

My star playmaker is pickin up a reputation and value though. but really would like to hang on to him come the end of season.

Any tips for raising cash guys?

I'm 3 games away from the end of the season and I am promoted from C2/A! Won the Serie C cup too! My cash heomorraging too. Though I've got to the end of the season with -£476,000 balance. Oh well! Won 25 drawn 8 lost 2 in the league so far so I've got 83 points and I'm 20 points clear of 2nd place so it's not too bad. 1 step complete!

My star player is a guy I bought called Sodinha. 35 starts 3 sub apps, he's scored 16 goals and assisted 26. Unreal! Especially since he is my AMC and sometimes my AMR. I recommend his signing! His dribbling of 17 means he easily gets past players creating chances for himself and others!

ahhh i tried to get Sodhina, missed out.. am playing Maschini in the inside right slot instead, How much you get for winning the cup and league?

I can't remember how much I got from winning the cup. I'd imagine it was something along the lines of £200,000 since I remember being -£600,000 at one point then ended up on -£400,000 again. As for winning the league, I am unsure. Not completed season, 2 more games left! I'll tell you when I find out.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

£70,000 for winning C2/A

I just completed my first season and won quite comfortably.
View attachment 200744

Here are the player stats;
View attachment 200747View attachment 200753

Also managed to win the Super Cup right at the death due to the away goals rule. :p
View attachment 200749

Finances are not looking good, similarly to everyone else. Should try and loan some players for next season rather than buying. Might help.
View attachment 200750

A nice positive though is my two young Sammarinese prospects. :p
View attachment 200751View attachment 200752

Last edited:
San Marino.

Started this challenge and am enjoying it so far. I'm 4 games from the end of the season and have already clinched the title. I'm still undefeated and will strive to maintain that record until the end of the season. Have also scored an outrageous number of goals, I honestly think my team would be challenging for the playoff in the league above! Will post screenshots when I'm done later tonight or tomorrow. Anyways, Scorza, Gulraiz, Conti, Cardacio and Cancela were my big signings (salary wise) and have all been great.

Hello guys, first post here :D

Been playing with San Marino since the game came out and now I'm at the 2015/16 season in the Serie A

Was Serie C2 champions comfortably in the first season, Serie C1 comfortably in the season after that. Finished 9th in the Serie B for my 3rd season and in my 4th I won it. Am now in the Serie A but facing a little difficulty, currently in 13th place but only 3 points from a relegation spot.

If you guys want I can make another post with each of my seasons so far in more detail talking about the players and etc I brought in.

Hello guys, first post here :D

Been playing with San Marino since the game came out and now I'm at the 2015/16 season in the Serie A

Was Serie C2 champions comfortably in the first season, Serie C1 comfortably in the season after that. Finished 9th in the Serie B for my 3rd season and in my 4th I won it. Am now in the Serie A but facing a little difficulty, currently in 13th place but only 3 points from a relegation spot.

If you guys want I can make another post with each of my seasons so far in more detail talking about the players and etc I brought in.

I'd like to see some of your players and previous seasons. :)

No idea how you insert or take screeshots from FM,,, but regardless its all going well so far..

Any tips for raising cash guys?

Press alt + F9 for screenshots and click 'Attachments' (paper clip in advanced reply) and upload & insert. As for cash, you're pretty **** outta luck until you reach Serie A. Aside from continuous cash injections from the board, preseason friendlies at home against much larger teams seem to be the only real source of income from what I've seen. You'll still be losing money though because payroll will always exceed match-day income. Best hope is to go to Serie A as fast as possible while improving your reputation to sell more tickets.

I'm 3 games away from the end of the season and I am promoted from C2/A! Won the Serie C cup too! My cash heomorraging too. Though I've got to the end of the season with -£476,000 balance. Oh well! Won 25 drawn 8 lost 2 in the league so far so I've got 83 points and I'm 20 points clear of 2nd place so it's not too bad. 1 step complete!

My star player is a guy I bought called Sodinha. 35 starts 3 sub apps, he's scored 16 goals and assisted 26. Unreal! Especially since he is my AMC and sometimes my AMR. I recommend his signing! His dribbling of 17 means he easily gets past players creating chances for himself and others!

Congrats on promotion and cup win! Sounds like an amazing season. :D

I'll maybe try out this Challenge again with my friend... how to make it avaliable completely though I can't remember... How to set that I can play with the San Marino national team?

2011/12 - Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A

Transfers In and League Table:

View attachment 200807 View attachment 200808

Pretty easy season, had no problems winning the league title and also the Supercoppa (beat L'Aquila 8-1 in aggregate) title.

4 players were instrumental for my success that season, they were: Daniele Conti, Pablo Couñago, Georgi Terziev (is still a starter in the Serie A) and Ahmed Soukouna, I recommend buying them if you are starting out.

As you can see I bought plenty of Bulgarian players, that is because in the lower leagues they have plenty of decent players willing to come cheap, Anatoli Todorov (yes, THE Anatoli Todorov) will dominate the midfield at this level.

Top Goalscorer: Pablo Counago - 31
Most Assists: Daniele Conti - 26

2012/13 - Lega Pro Prima A

Transfers In and League Table

View attachment 200809View attachment 200810

Another easy season, as you can see I won the league comfortably and also managed to win the Supercoppa beating Ascoli 3-1 on aggregate.

As you can see in this season I got rid of what was left of the original San Marino squad and brought in some new players to help round out the squad, some notable players were: Jiri Fabry, Marko Ojamma, Vincent Varin (all newgens), and Juan Manuel Sara (I stupidly forgot to renew Couñago so had to sign him for goalscoring).

As you can imagine, my balance was in the red after last season, however by creating league friendlies in the offseason against much larger opposition I managed to not only put us back in the green but also get a good amount of money in the bank, enough for the board to give us a little extra wage and transfer budgets after being asked.

Will post how I got through Serie B later.

2011/12 - Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A

Transfers In and League Table:

View attachment 200807 View attachment 200808

Pretty easy season, had no problems winning the league title and also the Supercoppa (beat L'Aquila 8-1 in aggregate) title.

4 players were instrumental for my success that season, they were: Daniele Conti, Pablo Couñago, Georgi Terziev (is still a starter in the Serie A) and Ahmed Soukouna, I recommend buying them if you are starting out.

As you can see I bought plenty of Bulgarian players, that is because in the lower leagues they have plenty of decent players willing to come cheap, Anatoli Todorov (yes, THE Anatoli Todorov) will dominate the midfield at this level.

Top Goalscorer: Pablo Counago - 31
Most Assists: Daniele Conti - 26

2012/13 - Lega Pro Prima A

Transfers In and League Table

View attachment 200809View attachment 200810

Another easy season, as you can see I won the league comfortably and also managed to win the Supercoppa beating Ascoli 3-1 on aggregate.

As you can see in this season I got rid of what was left of the original San Marino squad and brought in some new players to help round out the squad, some notable players were: Jiri Fabry, Marko Ojamma, Vincent Varin (all newgens), and Juan Manuel Sara (I stupidly forgot to renew Couñago so had to sign him for goalscoring).

As you can imagine, my balance was in the red after last season, however by creating league friendlies in the offseason against much larger opposition I managed to not only put us back in the green but also get a good amount of money in the bank, enough for the board to give us a little extra wage and transfer budgets after being asked.

Will post how I got through Serie B later.

Just curious but what did you do to D'antoni (the striker they allready had)? He is awsome in my game