The Great San Marino Challenge

Want to give this a go but I'm a bit of a noob with database loading, managed to load the C2 league, how do you load Samarrinese players though? (or have I already done that now without understanding). Was expecting to see a lot more Sammarinese players in my team than in the case - vast majority still Italian all the way through to youth team then I see a lot more...

did you pick custom database and add sanmariese players from the list? the majority of your first team will be italian for a frew years depending on buys till you start to generate them through your youth system.

Well my first season is over..... Clearly won the league

View attachment 201269

Top Scorer - Gulraiz 40 in 46 games
Top Assist - Sorbera 29 in 41 games (he took corners) my 2 centre halves scored 24 between em in all.

Won the Serie C cup - beating Reggina 6-0 on aggregate.

Just about play Super cup. Already signed a couple of players on free's for next season picked up Maxi Cardoba to play with galraiz up front, same type player but all right sided.. ^_^ he'***** 4 in 5 so far at the end of season.

Finances are in the toilet but hopeing to get some big name preseason games in to get that up. couple of 4/5 start PA kids through my ranks and found a couple that had been released too. Just gotta hit the ground running asap in the next league as wages might kill me, got no reserve players at all. released all kids that arent worth 4 stars or above.. but we'll see how we get on, hopeing the league up i can get some loan players in too. Loving this so far, find my self berating a screen adn cheering tiny little men to get a goal! lol ¬_¬

Last edited:
Well, I made it into Serie A in my fourth season. Had a good season (3rd), but was overall disappointed with giving up at least a half-dozen leads in the final minutes throughout the season. Should have avoided a promotion playoff altogether, but I won anyways so whatever. Also received 3.8 mil for final position so I finally have money!

In terms of the national team, San Marino shockingly recorded their first win 1-0 against Cyprus in Euro championship qualifying. I also had a 4.5* PA Sammarinese Striker come through my youth ranks--so excited to follow his progress! I have two 4* PA's and a half-dozen or so 2*-3.5* PA players as well. I'm actually very surprised how quickly the quality of players is improving, but it's definitely encouraging and I'm thinking about taking control of the national team pretty soon.

Wish I could post some screenshots but this site has suddenly become unusably slow for me. I can't even open attachments and it takes a few minutes to even load the forums, so this will likely be my last post for awhile until it improves for me. Good luck to everyone involved and don't give up :D.

Cool i thought the slow thing was just me... right off to rebuild for serie C1.! ^_^

2013/2014 - Serie B

Transfers In and League Table:

View attachment 201267View attachment 201268

For this season I scoured lower european leagues such as the czech, hungarian and romanian looking for young players to bolster my squad and surprising found plenty, lots of them had even been released from their clubs.

This a very good strategy for anyone in Serie B, look in the Czech, Hungary, Romania and Bulgarian under-20s and under-19s and offer trials to those without contract, I guarantee you will sign most of them and achieve promotion in no time. Another good strategy is to look for older unattached players.

The season itself was a disappointment, I thought for sure I would at least be in the first 7 spots, but a very poor start dashed all of our hopes. The end of a season brought new light though as I changed tactics and went on an unbeaten run. Things were looking up, I knew for sure I would go up next season

2014/2015 - Serie B

League Table and Transfers In:
View attachment 201270View attachment 201271

As you can see, in this season I continued my policy of signing young players on a free or for a very low amount, and as it worked out perfectly despite my board selling key players like Tamás Toth and Marko Ojamaa.

The tactic that worked well in the end of last season continued in this one, and the result was a great season in which we led all the way.

San Marino are destined for Serie A, but how will they fare? The road will be a tough one, but the Titani are resilient and big things await

Later I will post my next 2 seasons in Serie A, including the historic campaign in which the Titani finished 3rd!

Doing well in C1A, on course for promotion, 11 points clear with 19 games played. I'm going to need a new striker for next season, as Scorza has been signed on a pre-contract agreement which I am ****** off with.

Well done on Seria A guys!

Didn't want to sell him as Conti was probably the best performer in my team but the board accepted it. The money received from his sale allowed me to sign a few other youngsters though and the team did fine without him so it wasn't all bad.

What I don't get though is why would Atalanta pay that much money and stick him in the reserves, he only played 2 games his first season there and 9 the next.

Also, if you think the sale of Conti was good, wait till you see the money I made selling players on co-ownership the next season :p

About to give this a go. This was a blast last year, hoping this year is even better!

Did anyone ever find out if the club will end up producing Sammarinese regens? Huge disappointment if that ends up being the case... :(

About to give this a go. This was a blast last year, hoping this year is even better!

Did anyone ever find out if the club will end up producing Sammarinese regens? Huge disappointment if that ends up being the case... :(

Yes, plenty of Sammarinese regens are produced along with some italian ones

Right, due to bugs and crashes I am now only halfway through my Serie B campaign (which isn't great but improving). It's great to see so many doing so well.
The idea of scouring Hungary is a good one and combine that with scouting for South Americans with dual nationality and you will have a great team.
Updates of my season to come in the next few days hopefully.

Decided to take the U21 job as well as the club (since, no matter what I did the national team hired someone else :( ), meaning any good dual-nationalities I can tie down to San Marino before their other countries :p...

Just beat highly fancied 97th ranked Kuwait U21s 3-1 with 10 men! :D

View attachment 201272

Ok so I haven't posted in awhile, mostly because I gave the challenge a few days break, but I got stuck in again last night, finally earning my Promotion to Serie B 1 season later then most by still pleased to be there.

Final Standings Serie C1/A
View attachment 201285
Took a mad rush at the end to even qualify for the playoffs, drew my last game and though oh **** I messed it up again! Lucky Alessandria I think it was lost there last game.

View attachment 201286 View attachment 201287
Playoffs were pretty tough, I wasnt expected to come out this tie with anything but we managed 2 very good results against a stronger team and was relieved when the 2nd game ended considering my defence has been known to leak goals quite badly. The playoff final was a much more relaxed affair and I was fairly confident of promotion after the first leg.

Ah also my selected player of the season Jean-Philippe Mendy! Fantastic scoring 26 goals in 39 appearances(not that great but in the context of how often my team scored he did great!) also picked up the golden boot for his efforts!
View attachment 201288

So happy to be only one division below Serie A and surprisely I've made a fantastic start to the Serie B season, its december and I'm sitting pretty in 7th with a chance at promotion (i dont think ill get there this season but it hurts to dream :p). Ill Post more at the end of the current Season, also I am still not Manager of the NT.

Oh btw Brazil won the WC

Last edited:
Second Season - Second Promotion.

Hi there again.

Just finished my second season and the Titani managed to get another promotion! I started off poorly but got 13 wins in the last 15 games to take second place.

View attachment 201290

Had to go into the playoffs.

View attachment 201291

View attachment 201292

Transfer activity.

View attachment 201293

Cammarieri was probably my best signing. Comegna and Nicastro were also good when called upon. Bossa was also very good in defence.

My best players were however still Conti, Cardaico, Gulraiz and "El Matador" Enzo Scorza. Scorza especially.

View attachment 201294

I've had a lot, and I mean a lot of 2-3.5 star potential players from San Marino come up, but only 1 who's potential exceeds that. I'm looking forward to watch his progress.

I didn't sign as many as I have in previous years in the Serie B but I got rid of a whole bunch of players. I think the biggest coup is however to manage to convince Scorza, Conti and Cardaico to stay. I did however lose Cancela and Gulraiz to Serie A clubs. Cancela went to Novara for 120K and Gulraiz to Atalanta for 600K.
I think it will take around three years to get promoted from the Serie B, but I will obviously try to do it sooner :)

Well i managed to pick up a decent LB at last, Requelme on a free, maanaged to get Allejandro Cesarini on a free and sodinha, so looking good going foward, trying to get a couple of CB's on full season loan at min. Magnussson from Juventus as recommened somewhere in this thread and Albertazzi from AC Milan, and have a very very outside transfer chance at aubamenyeng from Milan as well but i think his wages will be too much, will try for loan too.. Zappacosta/Bralati should be pretty good in the middle of the park as well. Let a good few players go, managed to raise £140k in transfers. so gotta get up the leagues asap!a

and heres my star kid to bleed into the team over the year...

View attachment 201393

Last edited:
why am i soo invested in this team, i was genuinely chuffed with a pre-season win over parma in my second season kick off... :)

wkdsoul - where did you get that San Marino club logo from? If you have the link I would really appreciate it. Looking forward to getting into this challenge, took the club to world domination in fm11, however game was bugged, no matter what I did I could not get national team job. Really hope that's not the case this year, if anyone has got to that stage it would be interesting to know what happened.

I just started the challenge and am wondering if anyone knows some teams to play friendlies with for money.