The Great San Marino Challenge

I've reached the start of the 2020/2021 season and whilst i may still be semi pro I don't mind as much now my board has gone and done this for me on top of starting a second stadium expansion, all of which i didn't even need to ask for.

View attachment 259463

Yeah I can't even get a whiff of a team to be my parent club. That is amazing sammy!

yeah although now i've got the slight problem of none of their goo players wanting to ome on loan to me and the youth players i might stand a chance of convincing of joining us aren't yet on pro terms so can't be loaned out by them.

End if season update, finished second in the league 4 points behind Napoli so not a bad turn around. Won the Italian cup for a second time, got no decent regens in yet, hoping to push for my first serie A title this next year!! Oh and I won the CL beating Barca and then Man UTD In the final :D

I'm in my third season with San Marino. I made it out of Serie C in two straight seasons on the back of Enzo Scorza and Sodinha.
View attachment 259789

I just took over the job of the San Marino U-21s. Every time I try to get the Senior Squad job, I get laughed off.

Here is my Best Eleven from Serie C.
View attachment 259790

I was only given a budget of $2.7 million per year with no transfer budget at all. That makes fielding a competitive team with good depth close to impossible. I've made it work however:

View attachment 259791

The thing that I wanted to share, however, is my regen 100% Sammarinese striker that I got during my second season.

View attachment 259792View attachment 259793

He is projected to be a good Serie A striker and he is already good enough for my first team. Can I start him this early in his career or will that do damage to his development?

He is projected to be a good Serie A striker and he is already good enough for my first team. Can I start him this early in his career or will that do damage to his development?

It never does damage to play a guy early. The only damage that it will do will hurt the team if he doesn't score if you bench the better player to start him. I guess the only way it would be damaging is if you could loan him out to a club to where they had great coaches and training facilities and got more playing time than your team. That would be the only way it would be damaging.

It never does damage to play a guy early. The only damage that it will do will hurt the team if he doesn't score if you bench the better player to start him. I guess the only way it would be damaging is if you could loan him out to a club to where they had great coaches and training facilities and got more playing time than your team. That would be the only way it would be damaging.

Thanks. I ended up signing an older striker to be the third striker and he will tutor Guerra who will start on the U-20s and the NT U-21s.

My prize San Marino player for Fiorentino

View attachment 260076

Yes I know he isn't amazing yet, but that is like a world class player for the league. He will be seeing senior time immediately! Second player I got that actually can play for my senior squad of this save.

Just started this challenge, was looking for a new 'challenge' to keep me occupied until FM2013. This will hopefully fill that void fantastically.

Currently 12th in C2, but have gone on a bad run recently due to injuries. Still expecting promotion.

Was looking forward to my youth intake this season, got at best two 2 star players :/

Moved up to 7th going into the winter break, 6 points off 1st, so I'm still confident of promotion. Got a new Striker coming in:

View attachment 260904

Probably need to sign a couple of defenders, as I'm conceding too many.

My interest in the San Marino NT got laughed off, which is annoying.

So I made it to Serie A! It was a tight race between me and Torino but we pulled it out in the end, taking Serie B by 4 points.

View attachment 260895

I have no idea what I am doing in Serie A. My board has given me around $8 million per year in wages and $2 million in transfers to work with. I finally got an upgrade to my youth facilities. Hopefully I can get more after the mid-table season that I promised the board.

View attachment 260897

I am getting crash dumps like crazy now though. It is really annoying to keep losing progress, like a win against Torino that then became a loss when I replayed the game.

Claudio Guerra, my 16 year old regen striker, had a great season and was an integral part of our push for promotion. He improved pretty well as a player over the last season, and there is still a lot more to come from him.

View attachment 260903View attachment 260902

Additionally, we got three new regen strikers that have promise. (All but two of my good regens has been a striker, WTF)

The first, Gianluca Pepe, is 100% Sammarinese and he should be better than Claudio Guerra.

View attachment 260905View attachment 260906

The second striker is half Italian, half Sammarinese. He could have been the finishing piece on a world class strike force for both the Club and Country but he is rejecting my call-ups. The way I see it is I only have 7 more years of keeping him down so he doesn't become an Italian star like the next guy.

View attachment 260907View attachment 260908View attachment 260909

The last striker is all Italian, so he is just going to be bait for a co-ownership or a nice transfer.

View attachment 260910View attachment 260911

Now I'm off to try to figure out how to build a good Serie A team while having the proper amount of depth.

Oh and I forgot to say I am now the coach of the National team. We lost to the USA 5-0 and drew with Eritrea 1-1 in friendlies since I took over.

First set of Youth Candidates and they were pretty ****. A goalkeeper that looks like he's got a bit of potential though.

View attachment 261004

5th in the league now, with 7 games remaining. 7 points off the top and 5 points off second. Should be doing better really, but my Away form is shoddy at best. Olimpico is a fortress though.

Season Nighteen - Best yet.

A great season and a personal best of 3rd with san marino. Had a steady year but a few of my older players need replacing and my central midfielder has decided not to renew with me and return to england. I also left the NT as i was getting no where but i will take up the reins at a later date. Screenie below

3C447A0F4978A290E0AAAB5515990A4BBD712552

Hi all,

Going well for me, Decemember 2020:

San Marino Club - Dominating serie A, won it 4 times in a row now, won the CL twice in a row. The squad is very strong, not many good regens coming through but got a SM stiker and LB - both will do a decent job for the NT, the LB is 16 and already in the NT squad, the Striker won't accept my call up. We have £46m in the bank after a few big spends, stadium is just expanded to 38,000 and selling out, team is ranked as one of the best in the world and the Serie A is 2nd best league I think.

National Team - was upto around 18th in the world, back down to 38th now, doing well - some strong players but then some very weak positions too, especially the GK. I got to the Euro's but got spanked and exited the group stage with just 1 lucky point. Tough group for WC Quals too.

Tre Fiori - My SM league team are going well, turned pro and the 2nd season of being pro I finally got a decent wage budget of £16k a week, I have a ok team, wiping the floor with the league - almost 100% record. I got to the Euro cup group stage and beat Juventus away 3-1 as you may have already read, amazing result even if it was their Z team!
Got to the CL group stage the next 2 years but got utterly thrashed in every game.

I have £11.5m in the bank, facilties have been upgraded a few times (inc a £3.7m training upgrade) and youth ones are set for a £4m upgrade end of season. League is upto just below Blue Square level, 250th or something and I think the team is 195th now :)

Stadium expansion to 1350 from 1000 (although I hope it will be all seater after, currently 350 seating) - this is not set to finish until mid 2022 though!

the game is slow now I'm managing 3 teams, but fun, just going to be a long road, I need to try and get SM club to develop SM players, and slowly bring the level of Tre & the SM league up.

Cosmos in my SM league turned pro now (although they don't seem to have signed anyone to a contract), has anyone else got experiecne of the SM league teams starting to imrpove and go pro?

Last edited: