The Great San Marino Challenge

Just finished my first season in Serie A, all I can say is wow.....

View attachment 258400

But onl;y received about 1.6 mill for finishing second, is that right? Seems a bit low for me.

What shabba said. It's something like £20 mil just for getting into the knockouts.

And the TV money is what you want from Serie A, which is easy to get.

Also, well done!

a great season!
managed to win the treble! league, cup and CL. the team were brilliant all season, it seems that keeping a very similar squad for the past 4 seasons is really paying off as i am only really bringing through youngsters and avoiding external signings where possible
View attachment 258627View attachment 258628View attachment 258629
a couple of promising regens 1 full sanmarinese and 1 part
View attachment 258630View attachment 258631
no real news NT wise just plodding along slowing rising through the rankings picking up wins and draws wherever possible

Agree re stable squad, I'm in 2019 now and basically winning everything with SM, the leage was over with 8 games to spare last year. I spend big that previous summer and now have a v strong group of 25, the X1 is immense and the 'b team' is good and made mostly up of youngsters I've brought through - I give them all about equal games, keeps the team very fresh and everyone happy. I always play this 2 starting XI's method once my team is strong enough for it. Will just add the odd cheap youngster and sell off the odd player as time goes on.

NT is amazing for me, 18th in the world, qualified for the Euros etc- no idea how but I had an awesome group of SM players at the start of the game, granted there rest are VERY VERY average at best, but hey!

a great season!
managed to win the treble! league, cup and CL. the team were brilliant all season, it seems that keeping a very similar squad for the past 4 seasons is really paying off as i am only really bringing through youngsters and avoiding external signings where possible
View attachment 258627View attachment 258628View attachment 258629
a couple of promising regens 1 full sanmarinese and 1 part
View attachment 258630View attachment 258631
no real news NT wise just plodding along slowing rising through the rankings picking up wins and draws wherever possible

Great stuff! Wish I could play my decent youngsters without risking them being played by Italy! The regens look quality too!

What ranking are your NT now?

NT ranking is still around 150, but i have 4 4* potential players with full nationality and 3 others that are refusing callups at the moment so just playing the waiting game until they all mature into great players and the ones refusing call-ups give up on their italian dream and play for san marino. since the last post i have also been gifted a soft group for world cup qualification. malta romania macedonia and slovenia and belgium with a little luck i may even be able to scrape my way into a world cup or if not climb up the rankings to get better seeding for the euro qualifiers.

My fave regen so far is this lad
View attachment 258688
playing regularly in serie a he is no doubt the future of san marino

Season 19/20

Serie A winners:

View attachment 259045

Europa League heartbreak:

View attachment 259046

(we had a goal disallowed unjustly)

Coppa Italia heartbreak:

View attachment 259047

(had to play 2nd keeper due to an injury)

Victory in Super Cup though:

View attachment 259048

Facilities and stadium improved:

View attachment 259049

Nothing on the regen front, a few 3 star guys but all dual nationality.

Bit ****** off really, bit of a nothing season, Serie A won't improve my reputation all that much compared to what Europa league would have done, nothing good on the NT front and no good regens.

And I lost £20mil due to not having CL football!

a blip season is all part and parcel, at least you got CL for next year

Just finished second season, overall performed only average. Had some poor results and a lot of sending offs really hurt us. Managed to sneak third on last day of season, some miracle.
View attachment 259086
But due to move into a 21k stadium and improvements to youth and training facilities :)
View attachment 259087

Season Eighteen - Better than i thought

Had a plan this season,as i didn't get into Europe the past two years my bank took a hammering so i decided not to buy any players this season and build my balance up with the euro cup this year. Started well as i had the same team from last year and scoring wasn't an issue,leaking goals on the other hand really did!!! Ended up 7th in the league but thanks to Napoli winning the IC and league i got a pass into Europe again.
Also did well in the cup competitions with a quarter final performance in the Euro Cup and a semi final appearance in the IC.
My second takeover was also this season but only internal. Made some nice profit this season and im spending big this summer....balance the books or go for broke?!!!!
Screenies below

D8CFE36F402F28D86B3DE5F77D1AD3081F39F760

E2B28E8E5CE37ACD73CBEC287A1B5E4999E7CF40

C25F6B9D21EDBA8F7E7A14FF58ACF59A05409285

I would just bring in one experienced defender or goalkeeper to try and bolster your squad, allow the rest to gel. it's amazing how well an average squad can play when they have been together for years.

In other news from the CS, Folgore won the league, I got knocked out 7-6 on agg. in the semis to Tre Penne, the CS is now the 147th best league and has just moved above nPower League 2. Tre Fiori are the 270th most reputable side in Europe, and Tre Penne are next at 409.

Tre Fiori will be in the Europa League from winning the cup, so I'm hoping for group stages if I get a decent draw (i.e. not Everton like last time).

EDIT:

This just happened too:

View attachment 259099

Woooooooo!

Last edited:
In other news from the CS, Folgore won the league, I got knocked out 7-6 on agg. in the semis to Tre Penne, the CS is now the 147th best league and has just moved above nPower League 2. Tre Fiori are the 270th most reputable side in Europe, and Tre Penne are next at 409.

Tre Fiori will be in the Europa League from winning the cup, so I'm hoping for group stages if I get a decent draw (i.e. not Everton like last time).

EDIT:

This just happened too:

View attachment 259099

Woooooooo!

Thanks for posting, v interested in SM league teams as running one myself. Europe is a massive source of income if you can get to the group stages, but expect a proper hammering each game.

Let me know what budgets you get, I have £2,200 a week.........not ideal when I have £10m in the bank, not exactly poor!
Most players seem to want £500-2000 a week - the good ones do anyway.

Thanks for posting, v interested in SM league teams as running one myself. Europe is a massive source of income if you can get to the group stages, but expect a proper hammering each game.

Let me know what budgets you get, I have £2,200 a week.........not ideal when I have £10m in the bank, not exactly poor!
Most players seem to want £500-2000 a week - the good ones do anyway.

Mine's 10k in preseason when I've got all my budget in transfers, so maybe 17k total?

And my highest earner is on 1.8k a week, don't know how I've got so much more than you!

I am currently doing a San Marino lets play series on youtube, I am nearing the end of season 5 and we are in Serie A and I recently got the national team job as well. I will link the first video of the series and it should be on the playlist so the rest of the episodes should be available :) If anyone would like to check it out that would be amazing :)

Football Manager 12 - NEW SERIES!! - YouTube

Finished 2nd in the league again, won the Italian cup and knocked out on away goals in CL semis. Good season, strengthed my squad but after 13 games, find my self 9th and 17 points behind first..... ouch. Hit some right bad form but through to CL knockouts beating Barca and Chelski in my group. Hope to turn things around soon...

great to see all you guys doing so well in this challenge, and thread having 100,000+ views now. Thanks everyone!

Hopefully I will get back soon to my own SM challenge and post new updates, keep going guys!