The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
Play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 normally.

Yes when I have the problem about closing down I go into the advanced options of the Player Instructions & change the closing down bar accordingly to what the assistant is saying. Unfortunately this makes no difference so I'm really not sure what to do next.

Hi! I have a problem. It's my 3rd season with Liverpool, year 2013. Last season I didn't get to play ECC, even though I finished first the previous season. Actually ECC didn't even take place. Now this year, I can play, but I have to play twice the matches. I was put to two different groups. Is there any way around or do I have to start over?

Team talks are vital part of starting/keeping a good run going. You need to keep them confident, but not over confident. Have a gander at the team talk thread in the tactics forum.

Thanks a lot! Im so close to europe this season :)

i signed luis gustavo as a great prospect for the future, and he is not good enough for the first team at the moment apart from a couple of fa cup games and maybe a handful of substitute appearences. i have just had a loan offer from york to take him as a valuble first team player but im not sure whether he will develop better playing at the club this season or regualer football at york. i am having trouble with the screen shot but im only in october 2010 so look for him in barcelona if you want thanks in advance

i signed luis gustavo as a great prospect for the future, and he is not good enough for the first team at the moment apart from a couple of fa cup games and maybe a handful of substitute appearences. i have just had a loan offer from york to take him as a valuble first team player but im not sure whether he will develop better playing at the club this season or regualer football at york. i am having trouble with the screen shot but im only in october 2010 so look for him in barcelona if you want thanks in advance

Depends what club you are, if you're club has great training facilities then let him stay with they few appearances here and there. I don't know how old he is for you but I suggest around the 18 age mark you try loan him to get lots of appearances (that's only if he isn't good enough to take it at your club).

Hi guys i am new to this footymanager and i have looked about on here for some tactics to use and my question is what does classic mean when using a tactic as in brob 17 s tactic. oh and any tactics you guys recommend please let me know

No-one would really :D but come on, is he so bad like that? even the League 2 and BSP teams didn't make offers for him!

I put him on the transfer-list + not needed status + offered him to the other clubs and all didn't work :(

Yes but think of it this way. Lesser clubs tick the 'filter out unrealistic targets' box. Because they know even if they meet the transfer value, they won't meet his contract demands and on top they will never have him join as his reputation is too high compared to the clubs. He wouldn't want to join them.

I'm in my fifth season with Bristol City and done pretty well with promotion in 2nd season and two mid-table Prem finishes. I recently got a message saying I was the front-runner to be the new manager of Schalke. I'd've taken it - they were in a relegation battle (hence the vacancy) but I fancied the challenge, plus they're a bigger club playing Europa League football.

I played it cautious though - didn't want to get sacked from Bristol if I didn't get Schalke - and 'kept silent' rather than openly declaring interest. And they gave it to Avram ****** Grant, which was annoying. Would saying I was interested have got Schalke to offer me the job? The Bristol board were 'very pleased' with me at the time and so they should be, so would they probably have put up with me looking elsewhere?

I'm in my fifth season with Bristol City and done pretty well with promotion in 2nd season and two mid-table Prem finishes. I recently got a message saying I was the front-runner to be the new manager of Schalke. I'd've taken it - they were in a relegation battle (hence the vacancy) but I fancied the challenge, plus they're a bigger club playing Europa League football.

I played it cautious though - didn't want to get sacked from Bristol if I didn't get Schalke - and 'kept silent' rather than openly declaring interest. And they gave it to Avram ****** Grant, which was annoying. Would saying I was interested have got Schalke to offer me the job? The Bristol board were 'very pleased' with me at the time and so they should be, so would they probably have put up with me looking elsewhere?

Well if you were favourite for the job then I guess you would have been selected if you appied or gave interest. I doubt they would have sacked you if you failed. Because 1) You've done alot for the club. 2) As you said they'd be happy with you.

Just a quick question, thought I'd bung it in here instead of starting a new thread. Will there generally be more goals scored if my pitch is small or large?

What can I do with a player who is unhappy bcause of the low tournament bonus? There are 4 of them with very poor morale and its not changing just in case of a blowout win, but after the game it is very poor again.

Just a quick question, thought I'd bung it in here instead of starting a new thread. Will there generally be more goals scored if my pitch is small or large?
Large I would guess. More gaps to move around in but it depends on the playing style. Bigger pitches mean faster players will succeed quite a bit as they can outrun your defence line when they push up.

What can I do with a player who is unhappy bcause of the low tournament bonus? There are 4 of them with very poor morale and its not changing just in case of a blowout win, but after the game it is very poor again.

Not much you can. I suggest praising them quite a bit and offer them a new contract.

Hi,

I play as Portsmouth and somehow managed to finish 2nd in the Championship in my first season with only 1 signing in january, richard stearman. Now I'm in the premiership I need to bolster the squad with better players (I've signed O'hara, keiran richardson, fernando cavenaghi, jonathan spector plus a few others) but if I go back down I don't want all my good players whining about wanting to leave. Does anyone know some good players that won't get upset and want to leave if I go back down?

Not much you can. I suggest praising them quite a bit and offer them a new contract.

Thx I have already tried to give a new contract but it didnt work. Only thing I can do is start them or one of them in smaller matches and after 2-3 games their morale is better but only for a short time.

Hi,

I play as Portsmouth and somehow managed to finish 2nd in the Championship in my first season with only 1 signing in january, richard stearman. Now I'm in the premiership I need to bolster the squad with better players (I've signed O'hara, keiran richardson, fernando cavenaghi, jonathan spector plus a few others) but if I go back down I don't want all my good players whining about wanting to leave. Does anyone know some good players that won't get upset and want to leave if I go back down?

No one likes to get relegated. You're players from the Championship will probably be the ones to stay. Or sign top players from the championship.
Youth players won't go, so try sign some young prospects. I'm sorry I don't know any specific players. I would need the budget and everything to help with that.

Hey All,

I am just about to start my first game as Blackpool. Can anyone recommend players/staff/tactics please?

Cheers

I have Sergio Canales and some of his mental stats are brilliant,but some are bad.
For example,his flair and creativity are both 20,but his determination and teamwork are 11.
I want to tutor him with Tevez as he has good attributes that i want to pass on to Sergio,but i dont know which option to choose and dont want the some PPMs to be transfered.

In my game, i use wilshere as advanced playmaker in a 451 formation having him occupy left side of 3 man midfield as he is left footed. I altered his PI, closing down to zero but he still choses to close down and play like a ball winning midfielder. Why is this so.? My assistant keeps repeating this in all the matches. Solution.?

some assorted questions

if someone is being tutored and i loan them out does that result in them no longer being tutored?
and if i loan someone out does the other team follow the training schedule i have them on? or does the game just ignore the fact that they are loaned and still train them through my schedule and coaches?

if i use the checks to override something in the tactics screen (like say i manually gave every player 'rarely' for long shots (individually)) would touchline shouts still have an impact?

is there a danger in giving someone first team games too soon (i remember something like that being in the OLD championship manager games)

can training someone to play additional positions decrease their PA?

do coaches improve enough to make it worthwhile to hold on to younger ones?(say i have a 60 year old 4.5 star coach and a 35 year old 4 star coach, is there a chance the 35 year old would reach a 4.5 level a some point?)

is there any way to train someones weaker foot (im pretty sure i know the answer to that is no)

what exactly makes it possible to offer contracts to players who still have time on their current deals? i know when its down to 6 months they can start new discussions (and i think the uk has some bosman ruling or something) and i think some leagues allow u to just offer contracts to anyone under a youth deal, but there sre some spanish league guys who are like 18 with a full year left on their contracts that i am able to approach and i have no idea why

Back