The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
I checked, I do have 11.3 but for some reason, there aren't any January transfers. Bent is at Sunderland and Ba isn't at W.Ham. Any ideas?

Defensive Line Problem Please Help!

Please can someone help me, I've played FM for a long time but when playing matches I always get the same problem regarding the defensive line, as below;

"The space between our defence and midfield is far to big & can be exploited"

I have tried a few things to stop this like. Before the start of a match I set my team to play a HIGH defensive line within Team Instructions.

Also during a game i will ask the team to PUSH HIGHER using the Touchline Instructions to close the space.

Unfortunately neither of these 2 things make a difference & i still get the problem above about the space between the defence & midfield. If anybody else has come across this problem & has a solution I would be very grateful for your help.

Many thanks.

Is there any way to help me to increase my chance of selling players from my team to the other clubs in the game with a good price? Sometimes I put a player (e.g Heskey with AV) on the transfer-list with a price of 100K and I don't even get an offer! So frustrating problem especially when you build a new team :/

Is there any way to help me to increase my chance of selling players from my team to the other clubs in the game with a good price? Sometimes I put a player (e.g Heskey with AV) on the transfer-list with a price of 100K and I don't even get an offer! So frustrating problem especially when you build a new team :/
Would you want to buy heskey? I wouldn't. But try offering him to clubs, it's hard selling lesser players since I've had some players on the Transfer list for years. I guess you'll eventually get an offer if you keep offering him.
Also setting their status to not needed helps too.

More help needed!

Darren83,

I've tried playing with a NORMAL defensive line within my Tactic Instructions but still get the same old problem about "The space between the Defence & Midfield is far to big & can be exploited"

To me I thought playing a high defensive line would solve the problem but this never works, any other ideas m8?

Another quick question, i also have the problem about "players used to closing down more & less than there used to" it's only ever 1 player a match, I try solving this by going in to the advanced options for an individual player & change there closing down bar but makes no difference, any ideas here?

Cheers

Would you want to buy heskey? I wouldn't. But try offering him to clubs, it's hard selling lesser players since I've had some players on the Transfer list for years. I guess you'll eventually get an offer if you keep offering him.
Also setting their status to not needed helps too.

No-one would really :D but come on, is he so bad like that? even the League 2 and BSP teams didn't make offers for him!

I put him on the transfer-list + not needed status + offered him to the other clubs and all didn't work :(

since

+ you got decent or good enough players
+ match preparation all on 100

you're all set.. so i would suggest you

1. never start players with anything below "okay" morale (personally i dont start anyone below "good") no matter how good player is.

2. make use of next oppostion scout reports.. if you dont have one. appoint a scout with good tactical knowledge and determination especially to do so. the info you get added to backroom staff advice makes good opposition knowledge.

3. adapt playing style/tactic to info recieved above.. e.g up against strong team, with pacy forwards, long pitch, like to play on ground, slow defence.. you set yours up to start with pacy forwards + wingers (e.g like you got anelka wide), play deeper, exploit wings, counter .. etc you get my drift?

essentially what i'm saying is.. you got the basic set up.. now all you gotta do is frustrate the oppositions strengths (in example above play deeper to prevent their pacy forwards exploiting space behind your defence to run into) while at the same time unleashing your strength against their weaknesses (fast wingers, striker and get ball forward in the air v slow defence, like to play on ground)

hope it helps

I'm going to be honest I need some help on this game because as of right now I'm just finding it stupidily difficult to get anywhere even when my input to the game is large
Auxerre at current in 2012/2013 with a lineup IMO decent enough to contest even the bigger sides into having a tough game
I set up in a 4-3-3 with one player attacking, one player supporting or pulling the strings and of course a defensive minded player
The formation is downloaded from FM Base but it's modified quite a bit
My main concern is knowing how quick to play, how wide to play and how deep

This screenshot shows who I play where at the moment (Injuries may have forced a couple of changes but it's just to get an idea) and tbh I'm having little luck in the process. I use control for games where I know I'll have the play but I change it to rigid for other games such as away to Lyon or the likes of Marseille
My two wide men are set as wingers and for both generally speaking I have them as players that vary crosses and try to cut in when can, mainly due to Anelkas ability to come inside and commit players
Le Tallec is simply up-front alone because of his form however I'm finding it hard to tell what role to give him as he's equally good as an Advanced Forward, Poacher or Deep Lying Forward
Defensively my full backs do not run up they play short passes and have little creativity. This was due to the ones I played last year mainly as I was being battered down the flanks, centre backs are just as you'd imagine

This is my best 11 according to my assistant - I have 2-3 injuries from the above screen which means I can't field it right now but I feel I could get a top 10 place with it.
Team talks - I despise team talks as I never know what to say, if my side are favourites at home heavily I expect a win and tell guys whom have played well recently to pick up where they left off. Under performers with terrible morale I just say no pressure which I feel could be a mistake
If they are average performers which is high 6's for example I tell them if in good form that I have faith or otherwise I expect them to do well. Otherwise I just select for the fans if I'm unsure. Trust me though I do take the time to think these things through.
TV display - I do not view any 3D videos of the match, only 2D stills occasionally. Would it help more to use them? I feel I'm putting too much effort in anyway as I know people who blitz seasons and do well!
Coaches - 3 star pretty much throughout

Other noteworthy pieces of info
  • I always use backroom advice for training / scouting
  • My match preparation in this formation is 100 in everything
  • I discipline players when red carded
  • I do not attend press conferences ever besides transfer announcements
  • My training schedule is default not a downloaded one
  • My home record is worse than my away
  • I make three subs on average a game
Any advice is appreciated if you need more info let me know

Darren83,

I've tried playing with a NORMAL defensive line within my Tactic Instructions but still get the same old problem about "The space between the Defence & Midfield is far to big & can be exploited"

To me I thought playing a high defensive line would solve the problem but this never works, any other ideas m8?

Another quick question, i also have the problem about "players used to closing down more & less than there used to" it's only ever 1 player a match, I try solving this by going in to the advanced options for an individual player & change there closing down bar but makes no difference, any ideas here?

Cheers

What formation are you using?

Closing down issue:

If it comes up as a player isn't use to closing down as much just move the bar all the way down. Players with low work rate will not like a high pressure game.

If it comes up as use to closing down more then move the bar all the way up to maximum.

It'll take the *** managers feedback a little time to change, but it will change.

Not sure if anyone can help in here, tried opening a new thread in kits but no replies.

I have added my kit to FM2011 and it shows in the information screen on my team but doesn't show on the match day screen. Is there something I have missed. Size of kits are same as others, I have added the kit on the config file. I have also tried by adding /2010 at the end of the lines added in the config file but all this does is take the kits out of the info screen so not sure if thats anything to do with the problem I've got. Any one help please.

Hi all

I Have a problem with some of my players telleing me they are not happy with tha lack of discipline in the squad. I had 2 red cards in euro league, but warned the player after, and he accepted. What could be the problem ???

Please help.

you need start to fine/drop players for getting red cards or talk to them about their discipline.

Can anyone tell me how to take a patch off. I've got 11.1 but my friends have the default and I can't join their network game

Can anyone tell me how to take a patch off. I've got 11.1 but my friends have the default and I can't join their network game

You need to start a new game, when you do, you should be given patch options, click on the drop down and choose default.

Hey guys I have a question.

Im playing Ajax and im in the semi finals of the KNVB Beker (the domestic cup) against Ajax 2 (the reserves)

problem is alot of my players are on international duty so i wanted to use some young talents/players who arent good enough for internation games but I cant use them because they are my "opponent" in the next game. I only have 6 players to choose from for the next battle now and whatever I try I cant seem to get the ajax 2 players in my ajax 1 squad for the next game...

any help would be appreciated

EDIT:
I went on holiday till the day after the match and I won it with 2-0 but I have no idea how :P

Last edited:
im having problems with my editor

when i open it, it always says fm editor is already running, then after that another box pops up saying

Error: unable to find some essential data, please make sure that the game is installed correctly.

Can anyone help me in this situation, if you can would be much appreciated

I play as Lyon and my economy is not good. One reason is that all I have is shirt sponsorship and the other is probably because of players contract. Anyway, why do I ONLY have shirt sponsorship?

how can i keep up consistency and good form?

I am struggling to win back to back games on my sunderland save and its so frustrating considering i told the board a would achieve european qualification :P

how can i keep up consistency and good form?

I am struggling to win back to back games on my sunderland save and its so frustrating considering i told the board a would achieve european qualification :P

Team talks are vital part of starting/keeping a good run going. You need to keep them confident, but not over confident. Have a gander at the team talk thread in the tactics forum.

Does any one know what affects "taxes" expenditure in finances. I am playing with sunderland. During first season i didn't find any expenditure in "taxes". But 2nd season after i signed affiliation with DC United for merchandising i could see an increase in my merchandising income but also my "Taxes" have gone up,. I dono why. How to reduce it.?

Back