The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
some assorted questions

if someone is being tutored and i loan them out does that result in them no longer being tutored?
and if i loan someone out does the other team follow the training schedule i have them on? or does the game just ignore the fact that they are loaned and still train them through my schedule and coaches?

if i use the checks to override something in the tactics screen (like say i manually gave every player 'rarely' for long shots (individually)) would touchline shouts still have an impact?

is there a danger in giving someone first team games too soon (i remember something like that being in the OLD championship manager games)

can training someone to play additional positions decrease their PA?

do coaches improve enough to make it worthwhile to hold on to younger ones?(say i have a 60 year old 4.5 star coach and a 35 year old 4 star coach, is there a chance the 35 year old would reach a 4.5 level a some point?)

is there any way to train someones weaker foot (im pretty sure i know the answer to that is no)

what exactly makes it possible to offer contracts to players who still have time on their current deals? i know when its down to 6 months they can start new discussions (and i think the uk has some bosman ruling or something) and i think some leagues allow u to just offer contracts to anyone under a youth deal, but there sre some spanish league guys who are like 18 with a full year left on their contracts that i am able to approach and i have no idea why
Can't answer them all but during a loan your player trains at the loan clubs schedules so for all you know they could train your Playmaker into a box to box but it's unlikely.
If you let them play first team games too soon then they will peak early so their decrease in stats will come at an earlier date.
And I think training to additional positions that are very different from their natural will decrease their PA but not by much.
And players demand new contracts, so to keep them and their agent happy you give new contracts. Also it's to extend it before other clubs can approach them. Also if they are a good player in form they will want more so I sometimes give new contracts to prospects for a long length and watch them increase rapidly in stats and still earn barely anything. And finally and most simply it raises happiness.

Im still playing with version 1.2 because I have heard some bad things about 1.3 like long term injuries, should I go to 1.3 ?
Whats better in 1.3 compared to 1.2?

i brought higuain at the start of the season , 2016 i think , but they wont let me register him in champions leage ? thney will prem but not that ? i pay good money but cant play him in the tourny that i want to win ???? waste !why is this ? :(, plus how do i play online ? do i need to start a new season first ?

right i have jack wilshere on loan with the option to buy for 17.5m
i wnet to excercise that option in september and buy him
he wanted 90k a week and i kept trying to get that down to 70 and then 80k but his agent got fed up and cancelled negotiations
its january now and i want to sign him permanently
but he wont discuss terms anymore
ive even tried going into fmrte and making his agent like me
i need him
hes been my best player so far this season

Sry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I'm new here. I've been R. Madrid's manager for 3 seasons and won everything. I've resigned and now I'm looking for a new challenge. In my inbox I've seen that a lot of national teams are looking for a manager, but when I go to the job center to apply, I can't. What should I do?

Sry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I'm new here. I've been R. Madrid's manager for 3 seasons and won everything. I've resigned and now I'm looking for a new challenge. In my inbox I've seen that a lot of national teams are looking for a manager, but when I go to the job center to apply, I can't. What should I do?

If you go to the home screen of a nation which has just sacked it's manager, near the top right on the screen there should be a button called "Apply for Job".

hi there. i got this problem with Sergio Aguero. when i start the game,i withdraw him from international duty because fearing he got injured. but then after almost 3 years,he never got called up by Argentina even though he was my top performer and banging 30 goals per season. he status always shown WDN and no international happiness. hmm can u guys help me on how he can be called up back to Argentina squad?

hey people, cant i see who are the leading goal scorers of the season??? like all european leagues

Is it possible to quit/retire in this game?

I read that it's supposed to be in the Manager Options section but I don't see anything.

How do I use a downloaded database? I packed a rar file out and put it under "db" in Football Manager 2011 in the documents. But I can't find it anywhere in-game.

i have only selected the english and spanish leages in my database for fm2011 , but now im in year 2018 and i fancy going to somwere like porto or somone in turkey ! is there anyway i can get the other leages avalible ?

View attachment 178704
I get this message every time i try to start a match and then it doesn't let me carry on, do you know a way i can fix it please?
Incase you can't see it clearly it says, "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_match_stats_state_changed.xml"

Hi peeps,

Hope someone can help with this.
I would like to know how many leagues i can run on my laptop so it will still run smoothly.
My laptop spec: Intel Core i3-370M processor, 3GB DDR3 Memory, 500 GB HDD. Don't know if you need any more info?

Also would like to run it on large database as i would like to try a journeyman career if possible but not sure if my laptop is powerful enough?

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

i have only selected the english and spanish leages in my database for fm2011 , but now im in year 2018 and i fancy going to somwere like porto or somone in turkey ! is there anyway i can get the other leages avalible ?

I'm not an expert but i'm pretty sure this isn't possible. You can only manage in the leagues you selected at the beginning of your save.

Hi peeps,

Hope someone can help with this.
I would like to know how many leagues i can run on my laptop so it will still run smoothly.
My laptop spec: Intel Core i3-370M processor, 3GB DDR3 Memory, 500 GB HDD. Don't know if you need any more info?

Also would like to run it on large database as i would like to try a journeyman career if possible but not sure if my laptop is powerful enough?

Well i have roughly double your spec and i can run 32 leagues in 14 countries easily with a large database. Its around 90k players i think... So id go half of that. Once it gets past 40-50 k players the game may lag a bit.

Well i have roughly double your spec and i can run 32 leagues in 14 countries easily with a large database. Its around 90k players i think... So id go half of that. Once it gets past 40-50 k players the game may lag a bit.

Thanks mate,
I loaded up quite a few leagues (about 8 countries i think?) and the game speed says 3 stars out of 5, will that run ok?

Thanks mate,
I loaded up quite a few leagues (about 8 countries i think?) and the game speed says 3 stars out of 5, will that run ok?

Yeah 3 out of five will give a good speed. Once you run below 1.5 stars then the game lags a bit but will run smooth on 3 :)

Quick question: I withdrew a couple of my key players from their international squads for a friendly game, but with the World Cup approaching they still haven't been selected. Their international status still says "Withdrawn From International Squad". Is there any way to make them available again? I wouldn't want them to miss the World Cup.
Thanks in advance.

Quick question: I withdrew a couple of my key players from their international squads for a friendly game, but with the World Cup approaching they still haven't been selected. Their international status still says "Withdrawn From International Squad". Is there any way to make them available again? I wouldn't want them to miss the World Cup.
Thanks in advance.
Nothing you can do I'm afraid, it's a known (annoying) bug

Hi guys,

how do I make my scouts to search for example strikers in between 2kk and 3kk?

Back