The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
Gutted.. my Manchester United save (6 and a half seasons in) has stopped working.

Is there a way to get it fixed? I know the answer is usually no, but I've been hearing that you can send the game file to SI and they'll fix it for you? Anyone know if there is any truth in this?

That's harsh mate,wish I could help you put I ve not got an answer.I d be drying my eyes if that happened to my spurs save.

My problem is little less serious but is very annoying,when asked at the beginning on the new season if I wanted to carry on with a reserves team as well as my U18's,I accepted the U18's but accidently declined my reserves team,which was a big mistake.what does this mean? Will I have no more reserves? And is there a way of undoing it?

Any help would be grateful.

I don't think there is a way. Maybe load it if you saved it last time before this or go on your reserve squad and see if there is any registration to do with reserves. But I think there is no way. Though it doesn't mean no more reserves. It just means they don't get to play and first team players needing match fitness will have to find it through loans or lesser matches.

I'm going to be honest I need some help on this game because as of right now I'm just finding it stupidily difficult to get anywhere even when my input to the game is large
Auxerre at current in 2012/2013 with a lineup IMO decent enough to contest even the bigger sides into having a tough game
I set up in a 4-3-3 with one player attacking, one player supporting or pulling the strings and of course a defensive minded player
The formation is downloaded from FM Base but it's modified quite a bit
My main concern is knowing how quick to play, how wide to play and how deep

This screenshot shows who I play where at the moment (Injuries may have forced a couple of changes but it's just to get an idea) and tbh I'm having little luck in the process. I use control for games where I know I'll have the play but I change it to rigid for other games such as away to Lyon or the likes of Marseille
My two wide men are set as wingers and for both generally speaking I have them as players that vary crosses and try to cut in when can, mainly due to Anelkas ability to come inside and commit players
Le Tallec is simply up-front alone because of his form however I'm finding it hard to tell what role to give him as he's equally good as an Advanced Forward, Poacher or Deep Lying Forward
Defensively my full backs do not run up they play short passes and have little creativity. This was due to the ones I played last year mainly as I was being battered down the flanks, centre backs are just as you'd imagine

This is my best 11 according to my assistant - I have 2-3 injuries from the above screen which means I can't field it right now but I feel I could get a top 10 place with it.
Team talks - I despise team talks as I never know what to say, if my side are favourites at home heavily I expect a win and tell guys whom have played well recently to pick up where they left off. Under performers with terrible morale I just say no pressure which I feel could be a mistake
If they are average performers which is high 6's for example I tell them if in good form that I have faith or otherwise I expect them to do well. Otherwise I just select for the fans if I'm unsure. Trust me though I do take the time to think these things through.
TV display - I do not view any 3D videos of the match, only 2D stills occasionally. Would it help more to use them? I feel I'm putting too much effort in anyway as I know people who blitz seasons and do well!
Coaches - 3 star pretty much throughout

Other noteworthy pieces of info
  • I always use backroom advice for training / scouting
  • My match preparation in this formation is 100 in everything
  • I discipline players when red carded
  • I do not attend press conferences ever besides transfer announcements
  • My training schedule is default not a downloaded one
  • My home record is worse than my away
  • I make three subs on average a game
Any advice is appreciated if you need more info let me know

@vegeta
I'm not going to quote all that but I had a similar problem with underperforming even though I did every thing right.
Firstly, get a downloaded training schedule.
Secondly, wait for you players to gel together.
Otherwise you're doing great for anyone, especially with all the effort you put it,

Just wondering if anyone could help me find the editor, i saved my game on steam :)

I'm only on the first season with Valencia and I'm stuck, I haven't even played a match yet and I'm trying to figure out the best tactic to use and the players I should buy and sell. I have a budget of about just over a million which is why I need to sell some.

I'm not sure if this is on every game but there's a striker whos 16 years old and in a report his potential ability is 4.5 stars.

Ok had faces one minute lost all of have the logos, not going to start new game, just need help:'(

OK, so I am in the 2012/2013 season on my Manchester United save. I have been given a massive £80m transfer budget and have used £5m of it on buying regens. Should I just hold onto it or should I try and buy someone very good?

Hi,just a quick question regarding facepacks. I ve just downloaded and installed a facepack successfully,but how many can I install on the same save? If I install another facepack will in conflict on just load both? ^^)^^)

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I've just bought this game from Steam, will it have all of the latest updates in it? I've started as West Ham and for some reason I can't find Demba Ba who should've been transferred in via the Jan transer window.

Hi, I've just bought this game from Steam, will it have all of the latest updates in it? I've started as West Ham and for some reason I can't find Demba Ba who should've been transferred in via the Jan transer window.

if you play with the 11.3 database after the patches have been installed (should be automatic)

i bought the game last week and the january transfers were included

Half way through second season with Aston Villa and Ashley Young and Agbonlahor have decided to leave on free transfers at the end of the season! Any advice/help on what to do or how to persuade them to stay (especially Young)

OK another question. In my first season at United I fined Wayne Rooney for getting sent off in a match, and he then complained. I tried to make things better by chatting to him, and then it got to the stage where he won't talk to me. Two seasons on, he still doesn't have the patience to talk to me, has asked to be put on the transfer list multiple times (I have always accepted) and I can't improve his contact. None of the offers I receive are over his valuation as I want at least £40m and they withdraw before it even gets near £25/30m. What should I do?

I would nt sell him on the cheap just Coz he's got the hump.What's his form like? Are you winning trophies? 2 seasons does seem along time to be annoyed,you must have really peed him off! I ve had similar situations with my big players with egos to match,but after 5-10 games they sort themselves out and I get a message saying something like " X player has resolved his issues and wants to carry on playing for X team".

I won the League Cup and Premiership 1st season, and then nothing the second season. He plays very well with Chicharito, but both of them are now injured :( Rooney for 4 months and Chicharito for 1 month, so am using Berbatov and Kadlec. It seems like he is still happy to play in the team, just fed up with me. I guess as long as he plays well, I should keep him :)

Depends what his value is...if it's around 10-20 mil then I'd accept 25+ since he's obviously causing a problem. But maybe you could just keep winning trophies and praise him alot in the media etc. and hope for the best.

having a problem with cypriot league patch

i made everything right, downloaded an xml file, extracted it to editor data folder, but when I'm trying to start a new game this window comes on and don't allow me to choose the cyrpiot league:

Warning: could not prosecc rule group settings in PC/ C:/ Users/ Rouslan/ Documents/ Sports Interactive/ FM11/ editor data/ Cyprus dbc.xml/ Coca Cola Cup - Too many (14) teams requested from Marfin Laiki Championship (13)

can anyone help me solve this prob?

Back