The Help Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 787
  • Views Views 118K
hi all

i uninstalled FM2011 by deleting all of folders belongs to FM 2011

then i reinstall it but it show this message

The installation of Football Manager 2011 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.

i tried many times untill it installed but it gives to me the same message

then i opened the game and tactics and look what i found

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1439/unledpph.jpg

i want to helo faaaaaaaaast plz

Install from Disc or Illegal cracked copy?

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

How do you choose your substitutions? I mean there are only 7 spots and it's just too low for me.

Substitutions?
Can't edit the substitutions rule unless you edit the DB in FM11 editor, 7 is plenty...

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

hi i have just downloaded the no work permits file but where should i put this file ?

Tricky one, was there any instructions with the download?

Doubt it will be editor data, probably directly in the C/ directory sports interactive but ask an editing mod...

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Hi! How do I utilize Cesc? 9 games into the season: 0 goals, 1 assist, 0 MOTM, Average R 6.88
I play him as a MCR in a 4-3-3 system with 2 inside forwards and a Complete Striker
Player instructions: http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7204/cescx.png
Tried to speak to him about it but he doesn't share my views oO

Any tips

Here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-players/48057-what-roles-duties-best-suit-my-players-176.html

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I'm wanting to start a new game and fancy managing a non-English team..maybe Italian or Spainsh club..but I'm wondering if having no second nationality will cause language dificulties. Should I always use the second nationality so I can speak the countries language or does it make no difference?

Thanks for your help.

Only difference it makes is there is sometimes communications problems at first until you naturalize and the press will probably ask you about it alot and whether its a problem...Just say football is a universal language or something,

But nope, not really a big issue.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Last night I wanted to start a new journeyman save with the italian, french and german leagues and selected the third tier leagues in all countries. Everything was ok until I wanted to edit my profile, there I noticed I couldn't select sunday league footballer as past experience, so I went for automatic. I started unemployed and checked out my profile, where I noticed my reputation was continental. As I don't want to start at the top I tried to start over but no matter what I did, changing my name, nationality, past experience or whatever...my profile always said reputation: continental and past experience: automatic.

Please help me be a lesser known manager at the start of a game.

I'm using 11.3 patch.

Erm, your using the standard 11.3 with no editor data involved?

I can start a game fine in the non leagues with reputation Sunday League, any abnormal data files you downloaded/placed in the DB?

There is a way to flush the 'cache' of your profiles created/saved I think I'll get back to you on that...

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

i have re-installed fm11 after playing on fm 10 however in between the process of uninstalling fm10 and installing fm 11 i cleared up my laptop. Now when i ope up fm11 it says error- cannot load graphics system or something along those lines. What the **** is this?!

You may not have good enough drivers to cope with FM11, sounds like a system problem...

Check your graphics drivers are all running and run a graphics test on your comp or look at your spec in control panel system and compare to FM11 minimum, if its changed during a time period something could have been corrupted/driver hasn't loaded...Happens to me sometimes with my Intel accelerator driver.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Hi mate im wondering how to put photoshop kits in to FM11????

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/kits/76791-how-make-config-file-your-kits.html

Edit the files accordingly and place in the specified folder,

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Is there anywhere in the game where you can find out why a player has withdrawn/been withdrawn from international games? My main striker (26-year-old, constantly hitting 40+ goals every season) hasn't played for France for 5 years. I'm just baffled.

No idea, I know some players get withdrawn for bad attitude or if you withdraw them from every friendly for like 2-3 years...

But no idea on that one.

lol.

Noticed your plea for help and I got bored so someone had to answer ;)

Hey guys I am new and was just looking for some help.

I am currently in my 3rd season with Rangers. Won 7 trophies in 2 seasons including the Uefa cup. My problem is in my 3rd season my strikers are really under performing. Any idea how to help? I have been lucky that my midfielders and CB's have been scoring goals.

Hi really need help cause cant start a new game until i fix this!!

i cant change the database to lfc marshalls one..where it says select editor data files when im starting a new game just isnt lighting up

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Hey guys I am new and was just looking for some help.

I am currently in my 3rd season with Rangers. Won 7 trophies in 2 seasons including the Uefa cup. My problem is in my 3rd season my strikers are really under performing. Any idea how to help? I have been lucky that my midfielders and CB's have been scoring goals.

Are they a good pairing? Is one of them a big strong good header, and the other fast creative good dribbler maybe just make sure they compliment each other...and the same for there roles dont have two deep lying forwards together or anything like that

If a centre-back and a striker have the same stats for Penalty Taking and Composure, should they be just as good as taking penalties, or will the centre-back be worse? My centre-back (Cameroon's Andre Bikey) has stepped up to take about 5 penalties this season, and wasted all but one. He has 13 for each of Penalty Taking and Composure and I'm sure players with worse stats have tended to convert more than that.

How do you choose your substitutions? I mean there are only 7 spots and it's just too low for me.

1 goalkeeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, 2 forwards = 7. For each line, one should generally be central and the other a wide player, but the more players that can cover both, the better. Obviously adjust according to your preferred formation and who you have available.

Ideally your 7 subs should be able to cover all 11 positions. If you can't manage that, every position should have a back-up somewhere in the starting line-up. E.g. if I don't have a sub who can cover left-back, I should at least have a centre-back or left midfielder whom I can push into that position while a sub takes their place. This isn't ideal because moving them out of the position you prefer them in will hurt your gameplan, but it's better than nothing.

My usual subs bench for a 4-2-3-1 goes: 1) goalkeeper 2) centre-back (can cover one of the full-backs) 3) full-back for the other side 4) central midfielder 5) attacking central midfielder (can cover one of the wide attackers) 6) attacking midfielder for the other wing 7) striker (preferably covering at AML/R as well).

Also, look for otherwise one-dimensional players who make good 'impact subs' - players who do much better when they're fresh and the opponents are tired.

Is it possible to selected which physio does the injury report and if so how ?

i've made it to the euro cup, but can't register because i don't have any youngsters for more than 3 years :/ so i can't advance. is there a way around this or am i screwed?

Hi, I have problem, after my first season in game in Monaco I tried to send request for manager place to Real Madrid and AC Milan, they disagreed both of course. But after that Monaco kicked me off. Is there any way how to get back into Monaco? ( With editor or other way?) I don't have saves with me in Monaco all the saves are with me as unemployed. Pls help me:)

hello people , im very good ac milan fan , and howsome i never success with them , only with ac milan..
sorry about my english , because that not my first language ..
what tactic to use ? roles ? players to sign ?
thank you people so much :)

im playing 11.3 patch , so i cant find any good team guide for this patch

My steam powered FM2011 stopped working after an update... HELP!!!

I have a Mac running os x 10.5.8. I use steam to play one game only, Football manager 2011. It recently updated the game (couple of days back) and launched directly from the update and worked fine. I didn't play the game yesterday. today when I load steam it loads fine. i click 'play' to play the game and it launches the window saying that it is launching the game but where it would normally start loading the game it just flickers back to steam on my desktop. When I now find two things. One, if I try to quit steam it tells me that I have to quit out of Football Manager 2011 first but football manager isn;t running. Rather, it's running in the background as it shows when I run 'force quit'. I then force quit it after a couple if tries. TWO: Steam itself won't quit. I try to quit with the 'apple + Q' buttons but it doesnt fully quit. even when I force quit it it still shows the dot next to it in the sidebar to show it is still active and i need to do it again before I can shut the macbook pro down.

unitl today it was running fine, more or less.

help me get the game running again please, I'm dying here (although, conversley, the wife seems positively jubilant!).

i've made it to the euro cup, but can't register because i don't have any youngsters for more than 3 years :/ so i can't advance. is there a way around this or am i screwed?
Go on holiday for 1 day and the game will automatically register your squad

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Hi, I have problem, after my first season in game in Monaco I tried to send request for manager place to Real Madrid and AC Milan, they disagreed both of course. But after that Monaco kicked me off. Is there any way how to get back into Monaco? ( With editor or other way?) I don't have saves with me in Monaco all the saves are with me as unemployed. Pls help me:)
It's possible with the FMRTE editor, download > FMRTE - v4.3.0.msi | Game Front
(in FMRTE)
1) Set yourself as a club favorite and a favorite by the chairman
2) End current Monaco manager's contract
(in FM)
1) Apply for the vacancy
2) If they don't go for you, just cancel the new manager's contract and apply again, repeat until you get the job

Last edited:
I am Currently Doing A Save With Lille On The Latest Patch. They Don't Have Much Money But I Did Manage To Sign Christian Benitez On A 24 Month Loan Payments. I HAve About £1 Million To Spend. Do You Have Any Recomendations?

Hello, i'm managing Grasshoppers, a swiss team a just got an offer for 2.3 million for one of my biggest prospects for the future. His name is TOKO and he is amazing. Should i sell him or not?

Ive downloaded one file from this challenge thread, its a database I guess.

And Ive downloaded another database from the custom database section, but I forgot where to put them and how to start playing them so please do tell me asap.

I would like to sign a decent back-up keeper for Barcelona, I have already signed Joan Capdevila and Cesc Fabregas for 46m all together and I have 4m left. Jose Pinto is passed it, I would like a young keeper that would be happy as back-up to Valdes. Any ideas? BTW I'm in 2nd season.

Hey My Problem Is The Fact That When I Play On Any Of My Saves, Or Any New Game For That Matter, When I Attempt To Check A Scoreline Of A Friendly, Or Whatever The Case May Be, The Game Will At The Moment I Click On The Score, 2-2 For Example, Get An XML Parsing Error And Make The Game Unplayable. Any Help With This Problem Will Be Greatly Appreciated As I Love Football Manager :D

Is it possible to manage a club and international team at the same team been offered a job for england and im man utd... just wondering whether to take it or not... thanks!

Hey.

I didn't know where to ask this question, so I'm trying this sticky.

I've recently been thinking about media, teamtalks etc, and was wondering whether or not there's a guide for how to handle the media? I've read a huge guide on teamtalks, which I'll be trying to follow. That will help me to avoid complacency, nervousness etc via teamtalks.

What I am looking for with a "how to handle media" guide, is to get a advantage of the opposition via a comment on their weakest link, danger man, mind games with their manager etc. Anyone know of a guide for this, or got any tips?

Also, Press conferences is annoying me. I can't see it affecting my team in a positive nor negative way. Anyone got any tips/guide for how to handle press conferences in a good way? Is it best to just leave it to my assistant manager?

Thanks in advance. Cheers all!

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Is it possible to manage a club and international team at the same team been offered a job for england and im man utd... just wondering whether to take it or not... thanks!

Yes, you can.

Back