Fm 2011 : Failed to find a default database to use help!

Hey guys,

i'm having a problem when running fm2011 demo, i'm running:
Mac Book pro 2.2 ghz intel core 2 duo 2gb ram and a GeForce 8600M GT graphics card.

I install the strawberry demo and when i click on the icon it comes up with this warning :

WARNING : FAILED TO FIND A DEFAULT DATABASE TO USE.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR INSTALLATION IS NOT CORRUPT.

After which is loads to the FM quick load screen, click on that and it comes up with the same error and then says :

error message - Could not find lang_db.dat

and goes back to the main load quick game screen. I've re-installed the game multiple times and deleted all files related to FM on my computer. I've even copied over a friends Data file after installed and that didn't work either. PLEASE HELP i've tried everything.

Any help will be massively appreciated.

thanks.

yeah should be fine
Don't choose too many leagues (max 5/6) otherwise it may be a bit too slow

well in my fm10 i have 6 leagues which have resulted in 2 stars, in theory if the system requirements are the the same, could i run a ten league game in fm 11?

Ive also noticed that its hard to play very fluid attacking football when one's comp is slow....

ok, I have one problem. Cant install fm 11 demo on Mac.. . I downloaded mac version, but i cant install it ? The file is ZIP, and when I extracted it, i didnt notice any setup files ? ok, I tried PC version ( dunno why), it pops me out some error... any help ?
EDIT:
Ignore this post. Its about direct X ;)

Last edited:
i have a question - can I play a save from demo in original release.đ

Couse' I'm doing really well with Bristol Rovers :)

i have a question - can I play a save from demo in original release.đ

Couse' I'm doing really well with Bristol Rovers :)
Yes, you can copy your save over. Only problem is you will still have a small DB and only one nation.

hey mates.

Today when i checked my pc,i found that all of my fm 10 and fm 11 saves got deleted... :(

I want to get them back especially the fm 10 ones...

Can you tell my any free data recovery tool??

Thanks!!

You can use the windows 'roll back' feature. I did it not so long ago when I was angling for the barca job on my everton save. Needless to say it didn't go well, was urged to quit a few weeks later.

i start a save save it and shut my computer down without quitting fm. when i go back to the save it says it can not be loaded. Any help?

Can anybody tell me what's going wrong and what I can do to fix it?

im kinda noob on this but how to play online....

me and my friend had planned to buy the game when its released which we both did...but now i dont know how to play online....

After my first game of the season all my choices for individual's set piece positions changed.

Eg, Challenge keeper becomes Attack Near post.

I'd seen someone else claim the same problem.

Edit: Seem you have to use the set piece creator, despite it giving you the option to use the old system. Bit of a flaw that.

Last edited:
how can i remove penaltys from stats on player profile?

Help In the demo I picked Inter and I bought kadlec and no one else. I won the european super cup 2-0 and also won the supercoppa Italiana 2-0 vs roma. But I have lost my 1st 3 games in the season and is struggling . =| But I deleted the inter file . Does any 1 know any good tactics or any good signing for Inter???????

problem

how do you bring the saved demo over to the full version?

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

how do you bring the saved demo over to the full version?

Go to

My Documents>Sports Interactive>FM11 Demo>Games>[Your file]

Right on click on and copy the file, then go to

My Documents>Sports Interactive>FM11>Games>Then right click and paste the file.

Then it should appear in your saved games when you click load game on FM menu.

If you don't have a games folder within FM11, create one.

On my save, I am the England manager. I want to call up Mikel Arteta to the England squad.

In the personal part, it says "Sees no benefit" next to Great Britain. Is there any way to convince him to play for England?

Thanks!

Last edited: