I am having great trouble scouting players.
when i go where i use to go on FM11 there is no scout player. only compare and short list.

Am i missing something and cant see where i have too go and scout a player

Is there a difference if a player has a position "acomplished" (green) or "basic position" (light green) ?
Would a player play better if he has his position lightgreened?
I am trying to train players, but no success after half a month...

Hey. I'm playing with palermo and have just snapped up Vukojevic (from Croatia) on a free transfer. He will join the club 2.6.2013.
In my game the date is now 3.1.2012.
Meanwhile I have also bought an argentinian defender who should join the club 1.7.2013...
But as you may know Italian clubs are only allowed to buy one non-eu player per year. That's why I'm confused about how this was possible. Will the game cancel one of the transfers next summer or what?
Best regards.

Last edited:
first of all, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but:

is there any way to 'cure' players who 'want a new chalenge'?

I'm one of those who like to collect young talented players, but then 3-5 years later (and they are not even 30 yet) they already want to leave because they want a new challenge.. I still manage to keep them by offering a huge salary, but then again their unhappiness is affecting their performance..

hi guys,
can someone clear something up for me?...during a game and the asst says " x is looking exhausted and we should think about subbing him", should i go by what he says? because sometimes i'll have a player or two whose condition has dropped below the suggested asst player, and i'll substitute them instead...should i go by the players condition on the pitch, or take notice of my asst?

cheers

Just wondering where to position my defensive line in relation to the closing down I give the players. The players closing down currently ranges from 10 to 20 clicks, so I'm thinking the defensive line should be about 15 clicks. What are everyone elses thoughts? Also should the players be set to mark tightly or loose. I'm thinking that I should give my centre backs loose zonal marking so that they aren't dragged out of position too much. However, not sure if the others should be set to loose zonal marking as well or whether they should be set to tight marking.

Right...

I downloaded a MASSIVE graphics pack, and i've installed it, and everything about it seems to be wonderful EXCEPT...all of the logos and kits and faces etc. of the teams and people which were already on the game, have now disappeared and haven't been replaced by the ones from the graphics pack. (even though they're there in the new graphics folder.) For example, the Dutch Eredivise club logos have all disappeared even though there is a folder full of them in me logos folder.

Anybody got any ideas? I am bewildered.

P.s. I tried moving the graphics.fmf file out of the way and bunged it on me desktop, and now the Eredivise logo just fills in the spot where the club logo should be. (If you get what i mean...)

Can anybody help me please? I'm probably staring it in the face, but...

Where the **** can you ask a player to learn/unlearn a PPM? :S

Still can't find it. Anybody to be my hero and rescue me?

Can someone please help me?!

I'm having a problem with a player i want to sign. This problem only apeared by this player and i don't know whats wrong...So the problem is that there is no ''Approach to sign'' and ''Make an offer'' button...anyone know why?

Hi everyone,

Ive ran a search on a help guide for this problem but I couldnt find anything. I have got some fantasy kits to put into my game but when I do it they have a white background. How do I edit the wite background out and just have the kits themselves?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Ive ran a search on a help guide for this problem but I couldnt find anything. I have got some fantasy kits to put into my game but when I do it they have a white background. How do I edit the wite background out and just have the kits themselves?

Thanks

That you would need something like Photoshop for. There are other free alternatives as well. :)

hey i had a year and a half sabatical from fm and have started playing fm11 but cant remember how to install patches, can somebody remind me of the file path

Hi, I just wanted to know how do i find out how the opposition play for eg do they play a quick or slow tempo and do they pass
directly or short and do they play wide or narrow because it's not in the fm 2012 opposition scout repor do could you please help

Thanks in advance

Hi lads and lasses, I've just started a game and started unemployed, in Oct of 2011 Burnley hired me and they have a very good squad but were doing terrible and are very unconfident. I used a counter attacking 4-4-2 for my first two games and got a draw and a win. The win was against Ipswich who are currently bottom but they absolutely tore us to shreds and we just won by a penalty goal. My third game I lost 3-0 to top of the table Birmingham, we never looked like giving them a game in the whole 90+ minutes. I've been working on defensive positioning in the preparations for the last couple of weeks so hopefully that will sort some of it out but my main question is on confidence; how do I get my players to increase confidence when the performances have been so bad? I've been able to increase it a bit by calmly saying that they deserve better and such (Lies, all lies!) but are there any solid tips or tricks for improving it? I'm a novice to this feature for the most part because the last FM game I played was a couple of years ago and the feature wasn't as prominent then. That was probably a bit too long winded but I wanted to give a bit of info to maybe help the help I get if you know what I mean. lol. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Update: Just played my next game: Away against 10th placed Portsmouth and won 0-3 with 5-4-1, direct passing, counter attacking. The training and teamtalks seem to be working, moral is up for now. I'd still like any assistance you could give me though please.

Last edited:
my actual matches run really smoothly until around the 70 min mark and then it gets really gittery and stuttery and the time runs really slowly. does anyone know what causes this??

thanks!

Where do I terminate my contract on FM 2012?

Manager > Actions > Resign.

I have a small silly question.

Regarding skins. When your installing the Skins and placing the files into the Skins folder, what files to actually insert? The whole folder or what? I downlloaded the FM Crew skin and unzipped it using WinRAR and set the Skins Folder as the destination and this didn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a big problem with my FM 2012. I was about to embark on my 6th season as manager of Fortuna Dusseldorf having qualified for European competition for the first time through the Europa league. I think this has caused an error in the game as there are no German First Division or Second Division league fixtures for the season 2016/17. I am playing through the season playing German Cup fixtures and friendlies and Europa League fixtures to see what will happen next year. Anyone any ideas as to what has caused this or/and how to fix it?

I have a big problem with my FM 2012. I was about to embark on my 6th season as manager of Fortuna Dusseldorf having qualified for European competition for the first time through the Europa league. I think this has caused an error in the game as there are no German First Division or Second Division league fixtures for the season 2016/17. I am playing through the season playing German Cup fixtures and friendlies and Europa League fixtures to see what will happen next year. Anyone any ideas as to what has caused this or/and how to fix it?

Better off asking here as this is for FM 2011

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/90260-help-thread.html