I wanted to ask a question and I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but here's my question:
Why is Szczesny so underrated in FM 2011? Because in all my saves, he's only a fairly good prospect: he has a one-star rating currently and has two and a half star potential (I'm managing Arsenal in Demo: yes, I know, too bad only six months).

Is there a way to cancel preferred move training?

For some reason, one of my players randomly decided to stop hitting free kicks with power, which is annoying because he doesn't even take my free kicks. Now 20% of his training workload is going to be wasted for 6 months just so he can un-learn a PPM.

My assistant manager keeps reporting that "Player X is closing down too much than he is asked too". I play Wilshere or Henrique as playmaker and have their closing down set to zero and mentality to 17 notches. Not only wilshere or henrique, even if i play with any AMC, this is the case. Any thoughts.?

I wanted to ask a question and I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but here's my question:
Why is Szczesny so underrated in FM 2011? Because in all my saves, he's only a fairly good prospect: he has a one-star rating currently and has two and a half star potential (I'm managing Arsenal in Demo: yes, I know, too bad only six months).
because you are using the Demo, in the latest patch, 11.3 he is deemed pretty much a Wonderkid to my knowledge and should at least have 3.5 stars potential! (not sure as I have never played as Arsenal or even scouted him)

Is there a way to cancel preferred move training?

For some reason, one of my players randomly decided to stop hitting free kicks with power, which is annoying because he doesn't even take my free kicks. Now 20% of his training workload is going to be wasted for 6 months just so he can un-learn a PPM.

no there is not mate, it is quite a pain in the **** when it takes up 20% of his training just to unlearn/forget a move... but there is no way around it... unfortunately

My assistant manager keeps reporting that "Player X is closing down too much than he is asked too". I play Wilshere or Henrique as playmaker and have their closing down set to zero and mentality to 17 notches. Not only wilshere or henrique, even if i play with any AMC, this is the case. Any thoughts.?

this could also have something to do with your man/zonal marking and pressing/stand off settings.. I never use assistant manager advice, they speak bs, as shown in your case! I would not stress about it.

Do you watch the games to see if they are actually closing down players too often? if they are man marking this could be your problem otherwise just ignore you AM :)

this could also have something to do with your man/zonal marking and pressing/stand off settings.. I never use assistant manager advice, they speak bs, as shown in your case! I would not stress about it.

Do you watch the games to see if they are actually closing down players too often? if they are man marking this could be your problem otherwise just ignore you AM :)

My team is set to zonal mark. Yes i actually watch my games. I use 433 with wingers, a DM, 2 CM [one as ball winner, one playmaker] and a poacher. Marking set to zonal marking. The playmaker tends to drop in as cover for Ball winner at times. Ball winner's closing down is set to 12 notches.

Also as i use a poacher upfront [he is the target man with run onto ball or to feet, set], i have set my wingers to drill crosses. How i can get high cross completion rate.? Usually i average around 20% per game out of 10 crosses. Should i set my wingers to cross to my target man or near/far post or centre so that my poacher gets a touch.

as I said, ignore your AM :)

crossing on Fm has been quite a sour point for a lot of users saying crossing is impossible and especially your strikers scoring/benefiting from them...

This tactic I created is how United have played so far this season, I tried to replicate it as much as possible :) now we (Utd) don't cross the ball permanently and even when asked to cross the ball in with my old school Winger tactic it still suffered... I suggest crossing to the near post if using a poacher ;) and if you have already selected the TM, ask your wingers to cross to TM as well..

194453d1315211524-deathslayer%99-raikan007-man-utd-v-liverpool-stats_-match-stats-2.png

so the morale of the story is, get your wingers to do more than just cross, you can check my tactic (the original one) in the link below and see how I have set up the wingers, they are more dynamic than old fashioned ones :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007.html

I was wondering about when you get players to swap position, do their roles swap as well?

For example, if I have Rooney as DLF and Hernandez as Poacher and I make them swap positions with each other, will Hernandez be the DLF and Rooney the poacher or do they keep their roles?

I was wondering about when you get players to swap position, do their roles swap as well?

For example, if I have Rooney as DLF and Hernandez as Poacher and I make them swap positions with each other, will Hernandez be the DLF and Rooney the poacher or do they keep their roles?

No, as far as I know they swap roles as well.

as I said, ignore your AM :)

crossing on Fm has been quite a sour point for a lot of users saying crossing is impossible and especially your strikers scoring/benefiting from them...

This tactic I created is how United have played so far this season, I tried to replicate it as much as possible :) now we (Utd) don't cross the ball permanently and even when asked to cross the ball in with my old school Winger tactic it still suffered... I suggest crossing to the near post if using a poacher ;) and if you have already selected the TM, ask your wingers to cross to TM as well..

so the morale of the story is, get your wingers to do more than just cross, you can check my tactic (the original one) in the link below and see how I have set up the wingers, they are more dynamic than old fashioned ones :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007.html

I went through your tactic, played a few games and i must admit your point that crossing is a sour point. I have been playing with your tactic for a while to check how it works and i am impressed with the amount of average CCC's created per game. Glad that you sorted me out with AM and crossing issue.

Last edited:
hi can anyone tell me how do i or how can i have a real madrid background picture for my game rather than have a white screen anyone know where or how i can get one and how it install it/put it in place??????

sorry if this is in the wrong place can't really find a specific thread for it, but on my current arsenal save I tried to fine emmanual frimpong and he wasn't happy. Through choosing wrong options in my chat with him he now wants nothing more to do with me, has handed in a transfer request and won't talk to me anymore. He's still putting in solid performances though and has kept song out the team, as well as having a 4 star potential so obviously I really want to keep him, is there any way to deal with it? His contract expires in 18 months and he won't sign a new one :S

hi can anyone tell me how do i or how can i have a real madrid background picture for my game rather than have a white screen anyone know where or how i can get one and how it install it/put it in place??????

go to downloads and onto skins. then follow the instructions on the download page which should basically say save it onto a folder called skins etc. something like that.

Have one question about Jobs. If there are roumers that you are the main candidate for a manager position at another club, will the club aproach you or do you have to apply for the position? In other words do clubs aproach you, when you're at a nother club? Tnx for the reply

can you change database when already started a game
No :)

Have one question about Jobs. If there are roumers that you are the main candidate for a manager position at another club, will the club aproach you or do you have to apply for the position? In other words do clubs aproach you, when you're at a nother club? Tnx for the reply
it depends, most of the time you will have to either show interest when asked or actaully apply for the job (when you are currently employed)

if you are unemployed then applying for the job should be done immediately as there is no board to get pissef off with you etc and getting in there first! I have never been unemployed so I cannot speak from experience..

naw brobs next tactic he was makin was getting called cheat tactic or something am just wondering if its been updated on here

How can I keep my player from attempting a long throw-in?

I'm a newbie player, and I apologize if I am asking a simple question... My player always attempts a long throw-in from anywhere in the final third of the pitch. They are miserable attempts, and I would like him to stop. (I'm playing Crawley in the 5th tier - the game suggested I start there. :p ).

I've tried configuring the throw-in set play to "Short" for a game, and also "Quick" for another game, but my player still attempts the long throws. Is there something else I need to configure, something that is making him think he can pull this of? I haven't suffered for this yet, but every time he tries this, I worry that I'm going to get smoked on a counter.

Thanks!

How can I keep my player from attempting a long throw-in?

I'm a newbie player, and I apologize if I am asking a simple question... My player always attempts a long throw-in from anywhere in the final third of the pitch. They are miserable attempts, and I would like him to stop. (I'm playing Crawley in the 5th tier - the game suggested I start there. :p ).

I've tried configuring the throw-in set play to "Short" for a game, and also "Quick" for another game, but my player still attempts the long throws. Is there something else I need to configure, something that is making him think he can pull this of? I haven't suffered for this yet, but every time he tries this, I worry that I'm going to get smoked on a counter.

Thanks!

Try having a private chat with him and see if you can ask him to stop attempting long throws. Make sure he's not included in the taking of throw ins part of the tactics too in duties