The " I have a small question" thread FM13

Hey. I'm playing as Arsenal. And I've won every home game, however away I really struggle no matter who the the opponent is. I however needed to realise that playing "control" away is a bad idea, but what else is a must to know when playing away from home`? even when playing teams like Norwich, West brom away usually ends in disaster.

I guess playing counter is an option?

Hi!

I have two completely different questions;

Q1:
In FM 2012, when there was a "arrow" besides an player attribute, in meant that it changed to the better, or to the worse. In FM 2013 they use the same arrows beside the attribute, even if the attribute doesn't necessarily change, am i right, or is my game "bugged", Because many of my youth players have a lot of green arrows whitout any change in their attributes?

Q2:
I have some problems with my players always playing the ball back to the keeper who just clears it away, sometimes straight on the feet of an opposition player who can launch an deadly counter attack. They to this even if they have a "safe alternative" to play elsewhere, this is really affecting my performances, what can i do?

Last edited:
View attachment 293879View attachment 293882View attachment 293880View attachment 293881

Do you think my tactic is well and balanced and suitable for my players? I'm looking to have possession and play a short passing attractive game. Please don't suggest other tactics I'm trying to be successful with mine if I can. Backs were set to "Defend" but I decided to change it to "Support" since they didn't seem to help defence and limited my attacking abilities. No other settings made other than on screens. Alan Dzagoev is joining in the next window i'll play him instead Carrick or get another DLP.

Q1:
In FM 2012, when there was a "arrow" besides an player attribute, in meant that it changed to the better, or to the worse. In FM 2013 they use the same arrows beside the attribute, even if the attribute doesn't necessarily change, am i right, or is my game "bugged", Because many of my youth players have a lot of green arrows whitout any change in their attributes?

The arrows also reflect small fluctuations that aren't enough to change the attribute number. They're getting closer to the next. See also how not all arrows are totally up or down but vary in angle.

Now two questions of my own on the same subject, throw-ins and then a third:

How can I reduce the amount of times in which my thrower will throw in directly to the feet of the only lone opponent?

And how that the player receiving won't pass it back and to a throw-in for them?

Is there a way to make my players stop trying to buy throw-ins or corners off the opposition bodies? I'm sick of seeing them just shoot the ball harmlessly off the pitch.

How much is there a difference between a Deep Lying Forward and a Trequartista? And what is that difference, because I've created a passing style game, based off Barca, and well, it seems like there are a lot more DLFs to play rather than Trequartistas. I've been playing a 4-3-3 but with the three in the middle, and two wingers as IFs and the striker as a DLF, and I've had a bit of success, but a lot of failure, and my strikers haven't scored really, so does playing a Trequartista, really make a difference?

Why does the determination of my regen decrease? And I think it is the case for other players too... Is it a training problem? (regen's tutor is Coates : 16 determination)

View attachment 294681

Look at the Suso one ! OMG just seen this:

View attachment 294682

Lucas Leiva Determination is still 18 btw... unchanged !

Jonjo Shelvey (about the same age and playtime than Suso)

(Why the jump in 1-2 months?)

View attachment 294683

It might be the fact that the tutor of Suso had a lower Determination than Suso himself (At one point though Suso's tutor was Suarez who has 18 determination though...)? And Shelvey's tutor was Gerrard with (I think) a better determination ?

Last edited:
Yup, tutoring does affect determination, among other things.

Tutoring is not only to learn PPMs, but also to bring aggression, bravery, determination and work rate closer to the tutor. I'm not sure if teamwork is included too.

Thank you, didn't know about all that (work rate, bravery) could be useful for some of my good but lazy youngsters :p

What are crosses in FM defined as? I'm asking because I've noticed that libero's and dlp's have crossing set to 'sometimes' and I'm wondering if some of the long passes over the defense that Pirlo and Xabi Alonso play are thought of as crosses in game?

If they aren't then why do these players have the instruction in the game?

If I have 3 tactics set up in match prep with 3 different mentalitys e.g attacking, standard, defensive Would I be able to switch the attacking tactic to a defensive mentality or standard to attacking etc without it having a detremental effect? In theory everything should stay fluid since I will have trained my team in 3 mentalitys but I dont wan't to get part way through a season to realise this isn't the case.

Half way through my 5th season, and i have decided i want to start playing with 2 strikers rather then 4-2-3-1, do you have any idea what the successful base formations are on fm? 4-2-4, 442, 41212 etc and if you could give me an incline of what would be the best roles for each position twould be greatt :D

On FM12 I used to have something on the players attribute screen that indicated with an arrow wether or not that plaeyrs attributes had recently increased / decreased, is there something I can do for this to happen on FM13 ?

Importing tactics

I am having problems importing tactics and have never had this problem before. I am doing everything as I usually do but am getting nothing. When I import them, nothing comes up....Can someone help me with this please.

Thanks

I am having problems importing tactics and have never had this problem before. I am doing everything as I usually do but am getting nothing. When I import them, nothing comes up....Can someone help me with this please.

Thanks

Where do you expect then to appear ?

In the tactics screen. Usually after I have imported them and I click on options again, there should be a list of them there?

Manage Tactics - Import - , Imports them into your save, in the drop list: Click the arrow ( to the right of the tactic name)
Putting the tactfiles into SI/FM13/Tactics - Easy acces from the archieved tactics - click arrow, then archieved

Last edited:
They are saved in the tactics folder in sports interactive, but there isnt a list of archived tactics