The " I have a small question" thread FM13

Whats the best corner routine , been trying to make one but it's not working

There is no "best" routine as it depends on your players. I would start with the corners takers and see if you should use outswinging ( left foot from right, right from left) or inswinging corners, right from right, left from left) and match the near and far post aim to suit it.

There is no "best" routine as it depends on your players. I would start with the corners takers and see if you should use outswinging ( left foot from right, right from left) or inswinging corners, right from right, left from left) and match the near and far post aim to suit it.
Thanks

I am starting to get really ****** off!
I play a 4-2-3-1 and have almost 20-30 crosses every match, but not a single one leads to a goal. I play with a poacher who isn't very tall and good at heading, therefore i started to use drillcrosses on the nearpost, they were all intercepted their centrebacks. I changed to cross to targetman(set the poachers as targetman) feet, that did not work very well either.

It's really a shame, because my teams strenghts is on the wings, and when my wingers do not work, i can't score goals.

What crossing setup do you think is appropriate in my situation?

I am starting to get really ****** off!
I play a 4-2-3-1 and have almost 20-30 crosses every match, but not a single one leads to a goal. I play with a poacher who isn't very tall and good at heading, therefore i started to use drillcrosses on the nearpost, they were all intercepted their centrebacks. I changed to cross to targetman(set the poachers as targetman) feet, that did not work very well either.

It's really a shame, because my teams strenghts is on the wings, and when my wingers do not work, i can't score goals.

What crossing setup do you think is appropriate in my situation?

It would depend on what kind of approach you are using. If its on the counter, using swift attacks playing the ball down the flanks, then its perhaps best to let them cross early from deep against far post.

is a 3-5-2 best with defensive wingers or wing backs

Both works. It all depends on what kind of players you have and what football you want to play. Defensive wingers are holding players that close down really high up in the field, i.e they are Wide Ballwinners but with the option/( unlike Central Ballwinners) to set them to an attacking duty. Wingbacks are players that provide width and acts like Wide Midfielders but form out wide.

It would depend on what kind of approach you are using. If its on the counter, using swift attacks playing the ball down the flanks, then its perhaps best to let them cross early from deep against far post.

I play a attacking tactic with short passes. What kind of crosses suit best to that approach?

I play a attacking tactic with short passes. What kind of crosses suit best to that approach?

If you play attacking with a more patient build up, then you will probably get better crosses from your Fullbacks then your wingers, especially after the advanced players have stretched the defence and opened up space to hit the ball into.

As it is now, I suspect that the opponent sits really well in their defenssive position and should in theory( both in real life and in FM) have no trouble clearing those crosses. If you see lots and lost of crosses being wasted by your wingers, try to use the analyzing tool and watch these sequences and see if I am correct in my assumtions. Then report back

If you play attacking with a more patient build up, then you will probably get better crosses from your Fullbacks then your wingers, especially after the advanced players have stretched the defence and opened up space to hit the ball into.

As it is now, I suspect that the opponent sits really well in their defenssive position and should in theory( both in real life and in FM) have no trouble clearing those crosses. If you see lots and lost of crosses being wasted by your wingers, try to use the analyzing tool and watch these sequences and see if I am correct in my assumtions. Then report back

Your assumtions are accurate, most of my crosses come from the byline and goes straight do their centrebacks

On FM12 I used to have something on the players attribute screen that indicated with an arrow wether or not that plaeyrs attributes had recently increased / decreased, is there something I can do for this to happen on FM13 ?

On FM12 I used to have something on the players attribute screen that indicated with an arrow wether or not that plaeyrs attributes had recently increased / decreased, is there something I can do for this to happen on FM13 ?
click on the players profile, and under the information tab it says "attributes" click on it, then click on "show recent attribute change"

Hello,

sorry for asking here, but i was not able to find suitable topic and it comes with my training.

I am building top facilities (top+youth), i have exeptional youth training, BUT i have just "above avarage youth recruitment" which bothers me. I want to persuade board to give there more money, but when i go to talk with board - i cannot find suitable option - i just find networking and youth recruitment network and i see just two options how to cut back money. Is there some kind of prequisite needed to improve it, or anything else?

Hello,

sorry for asking here, but i was not able to find suitable topic and it comes with my training.

I am building top facilities (top+youth), i have exeptional youth training, BUT i have just "above avarage youth recruitment" which bothers me. I want to persuade board to give there more money, but when i go to talk with board - i cannot find suitable option - i just find networking and youth recruitment network and i see just two options how to cut back money. Is there some kind of prequisite needed to improve it, or anything else?
when you speak to the board, click on networking - Youth recruitment network. Normally it says about cutting back , but when you recently upgrade/have good facilities but **** network, you can invest more

P.S this is the right form :)

If I set Cut inside as the wideplay for my striker will it have any effect? (I want him to stay central and run at players when he recieves the ball).

If I set Cut inside as the wideplay for my striker will it have any effect? (I want him to stay central and run at players when he recieves the ball).

Cut Inside is a WITH THE BALL only so it will make a winger try ( more often) to take the shortest way towards the goal but for a central player it might be the case. It might not be the best way though as if playing him as a single FC, he will have the ball on either in the wrong foot or on the wrong side of the defender/space ( cutting in from left, being left footed). This move calles for a high stat in agility and acceleration( in relation to pace) as well as dribbling( when facing an opponent)

Cut Inside is a WITH THE BALL only so it will make a winger try ( more often) to take the shortest way towards the goal but for a central player it might be the case. It might not be the best way though as if playing him as a single FC, he will have the ball on either in the wrong foot or on the wrong side of the defender/space ( cutting in from left, being left footed). This move calles for a high stat in agility and acceleration( in relation to pace) as well as dribbling( when facing an opponent)

Thanks for the reply. :)

This is an interesting option for me, I have Viktor Fischer (Playing as Ajax) Who has 15 in Pace, Agility and Acceleration so decent but not phenomenal, however with him being 2 footed (he'll be able to cut in on both) and having 16 Dribbling, Finishing of 15, Composure 15 and concentration 11 (not great I know) I feel this may be a decent option for bigger games as he can be absolutely useless against the bigger teams.

I look out for 2 Footed strikers (being decent with both feet should make it easier to get decent shots in IMO) and I would argue that agility is one of the most important stats that I look out for (especially in attackers) so even if Viktor doesn't adapt in the bigger games, this could still be an option for me in the future.

Thanks for the reply. :)

This is an interesting option for me, I have Viktor Fischer (Playing as Ajax) Who has 15 in Pace, Agility and Acceleration so decent but not phenomenal, however with him being 2 footed (he'll be able to cut in on both) and having 16 Dribbling, Finishing of 15, Composure 15 and concentration 11 (not great I know) I feel this may be a decent option for bigger games as he can be absolutely useless against the bigger teams.

I look out for 2 Footed strikers (being decent with both feet should make it easier to get decent shots in IMO) and I would argue that agility is one of the most important stats that I look out for (especially in attackers) so even if Viktor doesn't adapt in the bigger games, this could still be an option for me in the future.

I probably would stay away from it anyway as its too resttricting. You see, you are actully telling him that he "should" do this rather often. If he is 2-footed, then he will do it anyway when dribbling

Again, you have to ask yourself " From where is he to cut inside". If he is acting like an advanced FC, then its a big no-no. If he acts like an inside FC, then its ok

BTW, my spell-check is out of order ;D

Last edited:
I probably would stay away from it anyway as its too resttricting. You see, you are actully telling him that he "should" do this rather often. If he is 2-footed, then he will do it anyway when dribbling

Again, you have to ask yourself " From where is he to cut inside". If he is acting like an advanced FC, then its a big no-no. If he acts like an inside FC, then its ok

BTW, my spell-check is out of order ;D

Yeah, you might be right with Fischer but I think on the rare occasion I do find a 2 Footed Striker (or even AMC) with great dribbling and Agility it may be an option for me to try out at least (to be fair I can try stuff out and see whats effective because I'm in the Eredivisie and its not too testing for my players) and I think I would be able to adapt my Strikers role to be more like an Inside Forward. I do feel I understand how the instruction works better now anyway so thanks. :)

Oh, and don't worry I don't think I've got any right to talk about anyones grammar. :p