The " I have a small question" thread FM13

In time, yes. Just remember that some countries like to employ a manager with the same nationality.
thanks mate i really appreciate this, and also why when i apply for an U20's doesnt it show up in my inbox like when applying for a senior team

Hi guys, hoping that someone can help... I'm a few games into the season with Nottingham Forest and having trouble with everyone taking long range shots. I've checked and everyone is set to 'rarely' for long range shooting, but still have a go from 20-25 yards even if there is a few good options on. Is there something that I'm missing? Or is it due to my tactics? I tend to play with 'attacking' or 'control' mentality, but this hasn't caused problems on other versions... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi guys, hoping that someone can help... I'm a few games into the season with Nottingham Forest and having trouble with everyone taking long range shots. I've checked and everyone is set to 'rarely' for long range shooting, but still have a go from 20-25 yards even if there is a few good options on. Is there something that I'm missing? Or is it due to my tactics? I tend to play with 'attacking' or 'control' mentality, but this hasn't caused problems on other versions... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Longshots are taken when the player sees no other alternative. IN this patch, there is a flaw with the movement around the ballholder. This makes it hard for teams to stretch the defenders and when the ballholder is coming with pace, he lacks passing options that is also moving forard with the same speed as he is. This results in many longshots. Unless you are using a tactic with lots of tweaked sliders, there is not much to do. As long as you get good results, I would not worry too much about it but instead hope that SI will manage to sort this out.

I added the German First division into my game a full season ago (I would have to remove it now) and there still aren't any jobs that come up from Germany, there are more German players but how do I add/make a league playable?

Its now been a couple of seasons and still no jobs have become available, any advice?

Hi, guy. I have been trying hard to find the a decent 4-2-3-1 since the recent update but nothing seems to be working. I was using Awesome AMC™ by Raikan007 but that doesn't work anymore and none of the other tactics have the same sucess that I got with that tactic. Are there any tactics which are similar to 'Awesome AMC'?

Hello to all the Fmer´s who might read this post,

I just realized that i never did use the team comparision to establish my tac, i did use the team indications about the formations, best positions, et., but never even glimpsed about this.
Im struggling to understand how this "tool" can be translated into instructions, i mean, if for example a team as good work rate, leadershipe, team work, passing and first touch (in the 5 top teams in the league), how do i put this in to the tactic instructions? and if a team has poor aceleration and pace at defense but have good team work and tackling in the midfiel thus this mean "stand-off" plus "agressive" tackling?
Im sorry if this has no interesst or relevance for this thread, but im just wondering how to use whit some eficiency this "team comparision" option.
If there is any thread regarding the interpretation of the team comparision option, feel free to point me in the right direction
Thanks in advance.

Quick question - When signing an U18 prospect, should I put him in the U18 squad or Reserves? Which squad will most beneficial to his development?

Thank in advance.

Quick question - When signing an U18 prospect, should I put him in the U18 squad or Reserves? Which squad will most beneficial to his development?

Thank in advance.

Put him in the U-18, then make sure you dont have lots of deadwood players in the reserves so that our U-18 players are called up for playing in the reserves. This way, he gets lots of matches

When its time for him to join the first team, just make him avaible for the reserves. This way, he gets match tempo and trains with the First team.

Hi there, I have a couple of small questions and would appreciate if someone could please answer it for me.

Q1. Some tactics for a particular patch say 13.1.3, seem to not be as effective after match engine changes due to a new patch say 13.2.1. Does this mean a tactic made for patch 13.2.1 would not be as effective for patch 13.1.3? So essentially what I am asking is that we know that some tactics are not forward-compatible but does that mean that they are not backwards-compatible with older patches as well?

Q2. Also is there any difference between patch 13.1.2 and 13.1.3?

I always play offline on Steam for fear of updating to the latest patch and losing effectiveness of tactics.

Thanks in advance.

How to change the pitch size?
Stadium caretaker did not ask me.

I don't know whether this is the right place to post but.... I run FM on my Mac and I haven't been able to find out how to use the DLC like team emblems, Facepacks and other such downloads. I have looked on the 'read me' parts in the downloads. All I see is the windows instructions but, nothing says it can't be used for mac. Currently try to use OLT hairpack and fmscout standard polished logos. Can someone explain to me how to? :) please and thank you

How doI remove the Assistant Manager from setting the focus for training.

I have another quick question -

I found the regen dates after doing a quick Google search; I am curious as to what is the most effective way to find these hidden gems? I tried giving one of my scouts a new assignment to scout France for players with 3 1/2 stars or more PA (March 8th), but he only did the assignment for one day? I want him to comb the nation for at least a month to make sure we didn't miss anyone - How to I make this happen? I don't see a duration option when scheduling a new assignment.

Edit: My apologies. I didn't realize this was the Training & Tactics section; I will ask this question elsewhere.

Put him in the U-18, then make sure you dont have lots of deadwood players in the reserves so that our U-18 players are called up for playing in the reserves. This way, he gets lots of matches

When its time for him to join the first team, just make him avaible for the reserves. This way, he gets match tempo and trains with the First team.

Thank you for the speedy response!

Last edited:
Can someone please explain how the 4-2-3-1 (narrow-no wingers) tactic works? I mostly see it used by Italy.

what are the best attributes to look for in an ST to play as target man in a 4-2-3-1?