I have a problem with my defence, i conceed alot of goals when their strikers just go around my centrebacks and do nothing about it, does anyone have a clue on how to fix it? :p
-try fix your DC to man marking ,and tight marking (pressing)...its not the best that your opponent gets tackle on your half,...

Hi a little help needed.

I am currently in my first season with Man Utd and i want Giggs to become a coach when his contract expires.

I have been through the interaction to suggest to him to become a coach and i have told him i would like him to start right away.

The reason i did this was on FM11 i tried to do this with scholes but his contract just expired (making the fans angry) and it was a year before i could approach to sign him.

Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong please?

Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place, im new and this is my firat post!

I am managing Arsenal and into my first season.
I had a 80 mn pack and bought Flanagan(a sad buy) and Cavani (for 47 mn)

I am using Raiken Mighty tactics. I tried some other tactics too.
RVP and Cavani are playing too bad. Some games its goal galore.
But I cant hit the RVP+Cavani combination :(

I use DLF-RVP and Poacher - Cavani.
Find me a solution. Should I use lone striker tactics?

I have two questions
1) What is exactly pace and acceleration? is pace something like speed?
2) What does float and drill crosses mean?

I have two questions
1) What is exactly pace and acceleration? is pace something like speed?
2) What does float and drill crosses mean?

Pace is how fast he can run, acceleration is how quickly he comes up to that speed.

Drill crosses are low and usually to near post - useful if your forward is quick but **** at heading, float is high crosses usually to far post - useful if you have a good header as striker.

Does the match engine favour any particular mode of passing> eg Through the middle or Down the flanks?

Is there a good download for training my young players to get the best out of them?

Does the match engine favour any particular mode of passing> eg Through the middle or Down the flanks?

I tried playing 4-1-2-1-2 formation, and had better results without limiting my players to go only through middle

What happened to assistant advise on the prematch screen in FM 2012? I know there is stats on opposition in prematch to look at but I dont see any assistant advice on opposition players instructions that you get in FM 2011I I.E who should be marked or closed down tackled hard or shown on to weaker foot.

I am managing Arsenal and into my first season.
I had a 80 mn pack and bought Flanagan(a sad buy) and Cavani (for 47 mn)

I am using Raiken Mighty tactics. I tried some other tactics too.
RVP and Cavani are playing too bad. Some games its goal galore.
But I cant hit the RVP+Cavani combination :(

I use DLF-RVP and Poacher - Cavani.
Find me a solution. Should I use lone striker tactics?

Make a new 442 tactic, rigid, attacking, more direct, more pressing, man marking. Leave everything else at default, including player roles and duties. Use asisstant to pick your team.

can somebody help me about scouting and finding best young wonderkids...? should i sing best scouts and send them to specific country?need few good tips:) .... anybody?

tnx for ans. bye.

hire scouts that have knowledge about different countries, if your board doesn't hinder scouting...hire scouts that have high potential attribute and choose high potential in their assignment

Simple question, how do i set up an effective defence ?

Set 2 FB to automatic and your 2 DC to defend, combined with offside trap. I recommend against stoper cover combo, as it never worked good enough for me, and you can't use offside trap effectively with that combo. 2 stopper might work ok too.

Is it possible to set your player roles in set pieces to default?

Edit: and can you scout player's preferred moves?

Last edited:
False nine and False ten

I read a recent Article in Zonal Marking on False Nine and False Ten playing together. Few lines from it.

Fabregas has started his Barcelona career superbly, often playing just off the ‘false nine’ Messi. Their relationship is brilliant, and Fabregas has perfected what Tom Williams outlined as the ‘false ten’ role after last summer’s World Cup – providing the direct runs to exploit the space created by a false nine.

Del Bosque appears to have completely missed what Fabregas brings to Spain – playing as a false nine you’re generally starting high up and coming towards the ball, when Spain need Fabregas going towards goal.

Impressed on it - I tried creating a new tactic to recreate that with Arsenal -

--------------Van Persie --------------
--Gotze--------Arshavin-------Gervinho--
----------Ramsey--------Arteta--------
-----------------Song----------------
------Vermalean_----------Koscienly------
------------Mertasacker (SW) ----------
-------------------GK-------------------

I tried various probabilities - However, I couldn't exactly replay both these roles effectively. Could some one help out with the two roles with this formation ...

More on the article - Spain continue to dominate possession but need more penetration | Zonal Marking

Silly question ; How do I import tactics in which I have downloaded off other users?

Silly question ; How do I import tactics in which I have downloaded off other users?

Put them into user/My doc/SI/FM12/tactics

If the tacics folder does not exist, then just create one

Then go ingame to the tactic part and click the top drop meny and use archieved tactics and pick it

I have a right winger with good dribbling,speed and with 13 Finishing and 12 composure.Hes 19 years old.I want to tell him to learn shooting with power.Is it suitable?What kind of players should blast the ball into the net? (i want him to learn the ppm :D )