When assigning roles will the player’s "natural" role interfere with his abilities to do what is asked of him or is it all down to attributes. E.g., De Rossi is identified as a deep lying playmaker in his profile (made that up haha) I play him as a CM support will that have an effect on his ability to perform well?

When assigning roles will the player’s "natural" role interfere with his abilities to do what is asked of him or is it all down to attributes. E.g., De Rossi is identified as a deep lying playmaker in his profile (made that up haha) I play him as a CM support will that have an effect on his ability to perform well?

As I reprimanded you earlier for not using this thread but instead openening several threads on theor own on small subject, its only fair that I thank you for now using this.. so Cheers :d

On Topic :
No, the natural role is just the game calculating that his stats match this role the best. One could actually argue that the game is correct here since a ( for example) a deep PLaymaker would need to be a different player in a fluid control based appraoch using " stand off" than in a defensive and compact formation playing agressiv.

Last edited:
Anyone got a good defensive tactic, but also good offensive?

I played with Chelsea for 10 seasons. Won everything, and scored 100+ the last 5 seasons r with an amazing tactic I download from this forum. However, I also conceded alot of goals. My keeper barely got any clean sheets no matter how "unbeatable" my team was. My team could have 30 shots, against my opponents 3 shots, and win 4-3.

Now I play with the Netherlands, and I also struggle to get clean sheets with them. Got 2 clean sheets on my 2 first games (friendlies), but I have conceded goals on my 5 last games. I led 3-0 against Ireland, but the match ended 3-2 with 2 Ireland-goals the last 5 minutes, two goals that should have been avoided. The last 2 matches ended 5-3 win against Russia, and 5-4 win against Germany. Of course I'm happy to win games, and Russia away is not an easy task. But I will rather win 2-0 and 1-0 than 5-3 and 5-4, with so many goals that should have been avoided. The opponents attackers comes 1 vs 1 with my keeper too many times. I feel I control every matches, but as soon as the opponent has the chance to attack, they often make very dangerous situations.

I win alot with this tactic, but as I said, I concede too many goals, and I really want to change that. Would be really happy if anyone could solve this problem, what I could do with the tactic I use, or if anyone knows about a tactic which is good defensive, but also offensive. Thank you, and sorry for any grammar errors, I'm Norwegian. ;)

Tactic/Instructions:

View attachment 261007

Last edited:
As I reprimanded you earlier for not using this thread but instead openening several threads on theor own on small subject, its only fair that I thank you for now using this.. so Cheers :d

On Topic :
No, the natural role is just the game calculating that his stats match this role the best. One could actually argue that the game is correct here since a ( for example) a deep PLaymaker would need to be a different player in a fluid control based appraoch using " stand off" than in a defensive and compact formation playing agressiv.

Thanks!

Hello folks! I have "a few" questions, if you dont mind : ) Im currently playing Real Madrid, i use a "deep" 4-2-3-1, playing balanced with controll. ( version 12.2.2 ) . The tactic seems to work fairly good, im not conceeding alot and i score quite a few, so im pretty happy with it. I allways train players to fit their positions perfect but ecept for that, i usually have my coaches decide what to ppm my players. But the questions i have is this ;

1) I play C Ronaldo as a left winger ( attack ), i change nothing on the player instructions and i think he comes up short. He has an average rating of 7.61, score 8 goals and have 8 assist in 37 games. Now this isnt the Ronaldo i know from real life :) :) Im wondering, does anyone have a tip how to make the most out of him? Ive tryed to ppm his finishing, like stop shooting hard and placing balls in corners but seems little effective. Maybe cut inside is better for Ronaldo, but wouldnt that ruin it for the attacking center midfielder?

2) I have hired Sidnei Lobo as my assistent, because i think karanka is no good. The problem i have with thisone is when i leave the match prep. with him he trains ONLY defensive movement! Even when i have had a long period now where my players seems to waste ALOT of chances, i can have 20 shots, 12 on goal and maybe draw 1-1, this is so frustrating! So im wondering, does the assistent not adapt to what the squad may need as prep.? he is a defensive coach/assist preferebly, but will a assistent only train/prep the same thing all the time?

3) Also, i have some problems with passing. The games doesent seem very fluid. I dont use counter because i want to stay in controll, not do anything impulsive but i seem unable to keep the ball very well. Also i have problems winning the ball back. Anyone have any ideas how to set the passing up? I use standard passing at the moment. Also, should i play through middle, or through flanks? My 2 center middfielders are X Alonso and S Khedira, placed deep in center as deeplaying playmaker ( support ) for Alonso and Anchorman ( defend ) for Khedira.

4) I have more Creative freedom and no roaming, is this wrong for Real Madrid?

5) I am top of the league, 1 defeat in 22 games so im not complaining, its just looking for the details to make perfect! Any other intresting tips on how to play Real Madrid is welcome : )

Last edited:
So here's my problem.
I usually take up coaching good teams, but not the best ones (Napoli, Liverpool etc), and I always have the same problem. Sooner or later during the season begins a moment when my team just can't perform normally, they fail to win matches against even relegating teams at home! And, what's more important, they can't even create enough CCC, struggle to retain possession and at least make some good long shots.
When this happens i try to change the game with touchline shouts, changing formation, tempo of game, but most of times it's in vain. I even tried to repeat these games just to understand what I am doing wrong, but it was strange because each time I repeat match the way I won the previous loading didn't work.
So I just don't know what to do and don't know if it is some kind of mistake in my tactics and/or football understanding at all, or if it is ok and everyone has such a bad day at the office.
And if I had any mistakes in English I would be really glad to be told about them, because I'm not a native.

hey, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I handle individual training? e.g. if I want someone to start placing their shots or stop shooting with power or whatever, how do I do it?

also, how do I edit match preparation, e.g. focusing on teamwork?

what's these patch's that people are playing on like 12.0.4? and how do i get them?

I am playing Serie A with Serie B activated my under 19's are playing but my reserves don’t seem to be playing any games. I am wondering if there are not enough players in the reserves...what is the minimum amount of players needed for the reserves to play games. If this is the case can I "promote" some of my under 19's to make up the minimum number? I need them to play because some of my fringe players are severely lacking match fitness.

I am playing as Roma and my strikers are Totti, Borini, Bojan, and Osvaldo and typically using the Might and Magic tactic. The problem is that these guys can't hit the freaking net!! I will have 10 shots with three on target and these are typically in the box chances. Is it my players, the morale (I strongly suspect) they are all typically low to very low, or the tactic?

hey, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I handle individual training? e.g. if I want someone to start placing their shots or stop shooting with power or whatever, how do I do it?

also, how do I edit match preparation, e.g. focusing on teamwork?

The drop down where interactions are, there should be one for preferred moves.

Match preparation, tactic screen, lower left.

I am playing Serie A with Serie B activated my under 19's are playing but my reserves don’t seem to be playing any games. I am wondering if there are not enough players in the reserves...what is the minimum amount of players needed for the reserves to play games. If this is the case can I "promote" some of my under 19's to make up the minimum number? I need them to play because some of my fringe players are severely lacking match fitness.

There's no reserve league in Italy, it seems, despite the teams having reserves. I don't know in what of the two things there's a bug. You have to ask for friendlies and more often than not the other reserves will refuse on account of distance or reputation, so you have to set against first teams.

The assigned coach will use the youth squad players regardless of making them available or not, which is an issue as sometimes some of your best youths will end needing rest.

Anybody know if there is a 4-4-1-1 formation which is like what Spurs and Man Utd play?

I play with Swansea and I cant extend Kara contract because he cant get working permision
what to do?

I am towards the end of my pre season and I have loaded three tactics one starting and two backup. The familiarity is progressing quite slowly I have the setting at very high and played 7 friendly games. Is it more efficient if I just load one tactic at a time? If so when I load the back up tactics, which are very similar to the starting tactic, will the familiarity be the same as my starting tactic, or do I have to wait for them to catch up?

I am towards the end of my pre season and I have loaded three tactics one starting and two backup. The familiarity is progressing quite slowly I have the setting at very high and played 7 friendly games. Is it more efficient if I just load one tactic at a time? If so when I load the back up tactics, which are very similar to the starting tactic, will the familiarity be the same as my starting tactic, or do I have to wait for them to catch up?

If they are very similair, they will familiar but not fluid