I am playing Serie A and there are no reserve team leagues so I would like to set up friendlies for my back up and reserve players. Is there a way for me to delegate this responsibility to my first team coach. Or do I have to take control of the reserve team every time I want to set up a friendly? Second question is it possible to specify that the friendly I want to arrange is for my reserve team? the press kills me every time I lose to a **** team when am using under 20 and reserve team players...I don't want it affecting my reputation or fan confidence.

yes mate, on team policy go to reserve team, and nominate your 1st team coach to take control, then tick him to arrange friendlies... job done... same with under 18s

See no point in ever posting on a thread, if dont get a reply, thanks, wont bother again.

Then please dont !! Instead of being ungrateful, perhaps consider that your questions has no answer as there simply is no best 442 setup.

wasnt being ungrateful mate, sorry if caused any offence, didnt intend to.
NO worries
thank you mate, what i was meaning, but didnt explain properly was i play with 2 centre mids, 1 bwm, 1 amc, with 2 inside forwards and two strikers, pref both complete forwards, my meaning was im **** at tactics tbh an only really download them, then modify them if need be, but cant find any that doesnt concede 4 a game lol, any links for tactics that fit my needs wud b appreciated, thanks.

On Topic: Do you mean a 424 - MC-MC - AMR-AML - FC-FC ? If so, then you need to consider that the formation it self is a really, really attacking one. As you know, you cant use one formaion in defence and one formation in attack, this because the engine would not be able to handle it. The formation you chose is actually the one the team use in defence and then runs from deep, mentality and wide play along with the ppms of the players ( and the formaion of the opponent, where the space is found) dictates how your formation look in attack.

With this said, the 424 is the formation you use in defence and the name of the AMR/L, inside forwards, kind of reveals that they are forwards and not midfielders, hence you are heavily exposed, expecially if you are using one attacking midfielde and one ballwinner( closes down really high up). If any user would play me in an online game using a 4-2-4, I would would destroy that team no matter what setting he/she was using. Now, it is possible to use a 424 against the AI as they are far more limited in what they can do to exploit the fact the the 424 is an unbalanced formation.In the most recent patch, there are very few 424 that are stable and to be able to play one, you need to use a top team. Not only because your tam is one of the better ones, but mainly because most of your opponents wont attack you and try to have possession in advanced positions. .

If you want, I can make you a 424 that will work with a top team, its not really that hard to make, but if I was to construct one for Aston villa, Sociedad or Fiorentina,You will still struggle against really good teams or teams with pacey AMR/Ls
Here, I have tweaked one of my Underdog/MiddleTeam tactics into a 424MCRight = Ballwinner/Limited MCMCLeft = Attacking MCAMR/L = Inside FCs or Advanced Playmakers. Left on left..or Left on right etc. FCRight = Complete FCFCLeft = Poacher/Complete FC

Last edited:
NO worries

On Topic: Do you mean a 424 - MC-MC - AMR-AML - FC-FC ? If so, then you need to consider that the formation it self is a really, really attacking one. As you know, you cant use one formaion in defence and one formation in attack, this because the engine would not be able to handle it. The formation you chose is actually the one the team use in defence and then runs from deep, mentality and wide play along with the ppms of the players ( and the formaion of the opponent, where the space is found) dictates how your formation look in attack.

With this said, the 424 is the formation you use in defence and the name of the AMR/L, inside forwards, kind of reveals that they are forwards and not midfielders, hence you are heavily exposed, expecially if you are using one attacking midfielde and one ballwinner( closes down really high up). If any user would play me in an online game using a 4-2-4, I would would destroy that team no matter what setting he/she was using. Now, it is possible to use a 424 against the AI as they are far more limited in what they can do to exploit the fact the the 424 is an unbalanced formation.In the most recent patch, there are very few 424 that are stable and to be able to play one, you need to use a top team. Not only because your tam is one of the better ones, but mainly because most of your opponents wont attack you and try to have possession in advanced positions. .

If you want, I can make you a 424 that will work with a top team, its not really that hard to make, but if I was to construct one for Aston villa, Sociedad or Fiorentina,You will still struggle against really good teams or teams with pacey AMR/Ls
Here, I have tweaked one of my Underdog/MiddleTeam tactics into a 424MCRight = Ballwinner/Limited MCMCLeft = Attacking MCAMR/L = Inside FCs or Advanced Playmakers. Left on left..or Left on right etc. FCRight = Complete FCFCLeft = Poacher/Complete FC
thank you ever so much, yeah i can see why i keep getin ripped apart now... im liverpool and have got very good players, but ssem to lose games 3-5, 2-4, etc, your thorough explanation of this clears everything up, i will look at the formation that you have provided and work with that and see how it goes. thank you for the detailed explanation and for showing me the reasons why i been flopping, cheers mate.

thank you ever so much, yeah i can see why i keep getin ripped apart now... im liverpool and have got very good players, but ssem to lose games 3-5, 2-4, etc, your thorough explanation of this clears everything up, i will look at the formation that you have provided and work with that and see how it goes. thank you for the detailed explanation and for showing me the reasons why i been flopping, cheers mate.

Sounds good

Here is a HIgh Press version ( HP = high press) that might work better against teams sitting deep against you ( like Home to Wigan, Swansea etc) They work in tandem just like described in my tactic thread

Sounds good

Here is a HIgh Press version ( HP = high press) that might work better against teams sitting deep against you ( like Home to Wigan, Swansea etc) They work in tandem just like described in my tactic thread
will give it a bash too with this aswell, thanks mate, appreciate it

will give it a bash too with this aswell, thanks mate, appreciate it

Just remember that I could probably contruct 25 other tactics that would get you better results with the same players, using a different formation

Just remember that I could probably contruct 25 other tactics that would get you better results with the same players, using a different formation

****! really? the fing is ive had alot of success with raikan awesome amc tactic, but its 4-4-1-1 and i like doin 4-4-2, just 4 the childish fact u can have more strikers in the squad. my current squad is: gkps: lloris, regen gulasci, lbks; van damme, robinson, rbks: van der wiel, kelly, cbks: sakho, otamendi, carragher, chiellini, dmcs; martinez, defour, amcs; gerrard, eriksen, lwg; gaitan, dzustzak, rwg; pedro, maggio, stks; cavani, van persie, damiao, jovetic, dempsey,

****! really? the fing is ive had alot of success with raikan awesome amc tactic, but its 4-4-1-1 and i like doin 4-4-2, just 4 the childish fact u can have more strikers in the squad. my current squad is: gkps: lloris, regen gulasci, lbks; van damme, robinson, rbks: van der wiel, kelly, cbks: sakho, otamendi, carragher, chiellini, dmcs; martinez, defour, amcs; gerrard, eriksen, lwg; gaitan, dzustzak, rwg; pedro, maggio, stks; cavani, van persie, damiao, jovetic, dempsey,

Yeah, the agony of choice. I know exactly what you mean as I am in 2017 with my Leicester team and I have 3 really good strikers with 3 youngers knocking on the door to. But in the end, I mostly use a single FC formation as I have so many good DMC, Mcs and wingers as well and those players are really good teamplayers so I get better results like this.

It all depends how you want to play the game though. If you dont mind using a high,ly exploiting tactic, then just use a 4123, perhaps the tweak of Tactikzz made by Hazza............

.......or.... If you are interested in a small set of 4123 meaning that its not just plug & play, I have a new versions of these that are really fun to use with a top team :D. Here, its possible to use both poachers, complete FCs, TQ´s and wingforwards in the 3 FC positions

Last edited:
Yeah, the agony of choice. I know exactly what you mean as I am in 2017 with my Leicester team and I have 3 really good strikers with 3 youngers knocking on the door to. But in the end, I mostly use a single FC formation as I have so many good DMC, Mcs and wingers as well and those players are really good teamplayers so I get better results like this.

It all depends how you want to play the game though. If you dont mind using a high,ly exploiting tactic, then just use a 4123, perhaps the tweak of Tactikzz made by Hazza............

.......or.... If you are interested in a small set of 4123 meaning that its not just plug & play, I have a new versions of these that are really fun to use with a top team :D. Here, its possible to use both poachers, complete FCs, TQ´s and wingforwards in the 3 FC positions

right, i see, i tried that hazza one, but didnt get much joy all... had a look at the formations i provided... how do i set specific player positions? i.e. setting strikers as poachers, cf etc? Do u rate the hazza tactic highly?

right, i see, i tried that hazza one, but didnt get much joy all... had a look at the formations i provided... Do u rate the hazza tactic highly?

I have not tried it at all ( have not tried the Grind tactic either) so I would not know. Its highl rated by others though as its one of the best tactics if you want to just plug & play and focus on squad building. This way of playing is not my cup of tea at all though, hence I either use the TC or make small sets of tactics ( just like the TC functions but here I make my own strategies etc). I am not fond of tactics that are this exploiting as I rather beat the opponent and not the match engine.

how do i set specific player positions? i.e. setting strikers as poachers, cf etc?
?

In my tactic ?. Well then you dont as its in classsic mode. My point was that you can use any kind of striker

I have not tried it at all ( have not tried the Grind tactic either) so I would not know. Its highl rated by others though as its one of the best tactics if you want to just plug & play and focus on squad building. This way of playing is not my cup of tea at all though, hence I either use the TC or make small sets of tactics ( just like the TC functions but here I make my own strategies etc). I am not fond of tactics that are this exploiting as I rather beat the opponent and not the match engine.

In my tactic ?. Well then you dont as its in classsic mode. My point was that you can use any kind of striker

yeah i meant in yours sorry, ok mate thanks for your help and guidance.

Is it possible for me to view 1sti and 2nd half game stats separately after the game is finished? If so, where?

Another question, is There Any real difference betwen youth training and "senior" training, i mean, i have some 16 years old player on my first team, because i want to give them 1st team game minutes, and they are available for the youth team in case they dont have Any minute with 1st team, so they are in the first team, so they are training like "seniors", because i cant choose youth training if they are on the first team, is There Any problem if they train like "seniors" and not like youth?

Any idea?

Hey guys!

This is my first post here :) I have been playing the game since 00/01, but my last edition was FM06, so I am quite new to the recent one.

I've got a question concerning team talks. In the sumthin's 4231 thread I read that while leading by one goal at half time it is advisable to say "calm: expect better", but I can;t find it anywhere. Could anybody tell me the exact wording of that phrase? I currently use Mr Houghs 41221, but I am getting mixed results with Derby County, so I thought I might be using the wrong team talk options...

thx in advance