development - Player need new challenges!

Under the player->training tab i can see that my player does not develop well due to lack of new challenges. What can i do about this? do they mean - training or match/career challenges?

Thanks in advance..

Does having a second tactic in the match preparation slow down the growth of the first?

Hi. Hi play a assymetric style of 4-4-2. I want my "create" a perfect partnership between my deep lying forward(FCR) and my Inside forward(AWR). I want the deep lying forwards main task to be creating space for the inside forward to exploit. I want my AMR to score loads of goals. What roles, duties and settings do you reccomend to achieve this?

Hi. Hi play a assymetric style of 4-4-2. I want my "create" a perfect partnership between my deep lying forward(FCR) and my Inside forward(AWR). I want the deep lying forwards main task to be creating space for the inside forward to exploit. I want my AMR to score loads of goals. What roles, duties and settings do you reccomend to achieve this?

If you want him to create space, then using a FC that is sitting deeper and moving into the attakicng position is perhaps not what you are loking for. Why not use an Advanced FC. With his roaming and moving into channels, he will try to drag this center back out of position out wide. As for the Inside FC Winger, perhaps teach him to get inside the box and move into channels ( off the ball movements) and use the cut inside wide play set by the TC ( With the ball movement)

If you want him to create space, then using a FC that is sitting deeper and moving into the attakicng position is perhaps not what you are loking for. Why not use an Advanced FC. With his roaming and moving into channels, he will try to drag this center back out of position out wide. As for the Inside FC Winger, perhaps teach him to get inside the box and move into channels ( off the ball movements) and use the cut inside wide play set by the TC ( With the ball movement)

Will definetly try that out, thanks!

How do you set an INDIVIDUAL player's passing onto 'shortest' ?

With a 'Tiki-Taka' formation, should 'Creative Freedom' be 'More Disciplined' or 'More Expressive' ?

With a 'Tiki-Taka' formation, should 'Creative Freedom' be 'More Disciplined' or 'More Expressive' ?
In FM, it would be more diciplined, especially if using à fluid style where most players have à high creative freedom by default. But as in any style Of play where look for possession and à fluid flow, making lots Of short passes combined with constant movement, you need some players that can break the pattern. In real life, there is no such thing as à " creative freedom slider" as the tiki-taka approach relies on coming up more creative solutions. With this said, I would probably make sure that you use at least 3 players with creative roles ( TQ, Advanced and deep playmakers) but restrict their t-balls.

What strategy would you use for tiki taka ? Attacking ? Control ?

Last edited:
What strategy would you use for tiki taka ? Attacking ? Control ?

As à starting strategy I would use either Standard or control and use shouts. Naturally, the changes ingame would have to include changes in strategy as well so at some points Defend and Overload would be used to. After all , you wont be able to dominate or control all matches using your main approach.

I want to build my 4-2-3-1 tactic around my AMC, who has awesome stats(see screenshot).
The wingers are inside forwards, the striker plays as an advanced forward. What role to you think would suit him(Kovacic)

View attachment 264999

I want to build my 4-2-3-1 tactic around my AMC, who has awesome stats(see screenshot).
The wingers are inside forwards, the striker plays as an advanced forward. What role to you think would suit him(Kovacic)

View attachment 264999

Probably à TQ or à Advanced playmaker/support although I am not that found Of using an Advanced forward alone up front( i prefer either à Poacher or à complete forward)

Please recommend several good 3-4-3 possesion tactics please.

If you tick and tweak a slider in a Player's Instructions or Team Instructions will shouts have any affect on them or do shouts only affect the options you have left unticked?
Also, I know its not to do with tactics but, how long after getting a feeder club do you have to wait before you can ask the board for another one?

If you tick and tweak a slider in a Player's Instructions or Team Instructions will shouts have any affect on them or do shouts only affect the options you have left unticked?

They only affect the untweaked settings. This means that you have to think twice before using shouts ( like when having twekaed the d-line and have set it to Deep and shout push up and hassle as it will make the players rush from their deep position and close down)