The <insert "cool" name> Sweeper 3-5-2 System

Does anyone know where that PPMs thread is? I've dabbled in PPMs but for the most part have preferred not having players learn them.

will give this a go with my juv save going into the 3rd season

View attachment 318453View attachment 318454View attachment 318455

I safe using this tactic with a team so bad, I think it was successful, I lost matches, were usually with 2 days games difference other game, so I was forced to use many young players, usually created 20 chances per game, and my team is the fewest goals in the league, we'll see how it goes in the next season, good tactic

good treatment with the players is essential in this tactic, in a totally winnable game I forget to talk to them and I got 4 goals in the first half, the second time to talk to them I could tie 4-4

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 318453View attachment 318454View attachment 318455

I safe using this tactic with a team so bad, I think it was successful, I lost matches, were usually with 2 days games difference other game, so I was forced to use many young players, usually created 20 chances per game, and my team is the fewest goals in the league, we'll see how it goes in the next season, good tactic

good treatment with the players is essential in this tactic, in a totally winnable game I forget to talk to them and I got 4 goals in the first half, the second time to talk to them I could tie 4-4

Good going :) I didnt think it would work with lower league clubs due to the tempo and short passing, so great!

gave this a go with my guernsey save for the last 9 games of the season cos my tac went to **** so played 9 w4 d5 l0 f13 a8 cant wait to give it a full season so will see and dont worry about jp you have said you changed allmost everything and gave him credit in your op

Very strange tactic, I thought It would be quite offensive but it is the complete opposite. Started as Leicester, played 6 League games and had these results: 0-1, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1

Having trouble getting shots on target / scoring goals / creating opportunities. Is this likely to be because it's start of the season with a completely different tactic and my familiarity levels still aren't great?

Any advice?

View attachment 318600

In super cup against Napoli I lost 0-5.. Held on to this tactic as I believed in it, and it turned out VERY well! Beautiful play starting at the back 3!

I use shouts Work ball into box and play through defense. It helps me to get more CC and less shots from distance (which is the problem I had in the beginning). You can try

Very strange tactic, I thought It would be quite offensive but it is the complete opposite. Started as Leicester, played 6 League games and had these results: 0-1, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-1

Having trouble getting shots on target / scoring goals / creating opportunities. Is this likely to be because it's start of the season with a completely different tactic and my familiarity levels still aren't great?

Any advice?

Familiarity will probably impact it yes. There are many changes to both team and individual player instructions, so it might take a while to bed in, especially if your coaching staff is poor. Get the best coaches you can and set team training to tactics / high for a couple of weeks in pre-season. It took my Juventus squad 3 months to become fully fluid. Trying to start a completely new tactic in mid-season (if you are) is potentially not a good idea either.

Also, I expected this tactic could only work with top division teams using good players due to the high tempo / short passing / wide play style, however some others above have seemed to have some success, so it may be a bit hit and miss for lower league teams.

View attachment 318600

In super cup against Napoli I lost 0-5.. Held on to this tactic as I believed in it, and it turned out VERY well! Beautiful play starting at the back 3!

I use shouts Work ball into box and play through defense. It helps me to get more CC and less shots from distance (which is the problem I had in the beginning). You can try

Well done for sticking with it :)

Napoli can be a pain, and tend to give my Juve team a hard time as well. Get them back in next season's super cup ;)