The <insert "cool" name> Sweeper 3-5-2 System

Good solid tactic mate, where did you get the Juventus stadium background mate as i am unable to locate them ? Thanks bud :)

i had some very good results with this tactic. i can't post them now as i used this tactic for a brief period 1-2 seasons ago in my current save. i didn't think of commenting until recently, mostly because this is the tactic that opened my eyes to the beauty of defensive wingers. one reason why i didn't like this tactic was because it had a DLP when i had a bevy of AMCs (obviously not anyone's fault, as this tactic intends to replicate juve and juve play with pirlo as the playmaker). i ended up creating a new back-3 tactic that utilized an AM in place of the DLP.

before using this tactic i never knew how to implement that kind of defense. until now i had always assumed that defensive wingers would be far too attacking to use as defense on the flanks. so i always used either wide mids or wingbacks. widemidfielders had always been ineffective for me, and wingbacks were too defensive. but i was happy to learn that with defensive wingers you can clearly see them move up to the ST L+R positions when in the attacking phase, and back to the D L+R position when in the defensive phase. 18+ work rate definitely necessary!

furthermore, your use of "move into channels" as their wide play was a brilliant way to have them pose a more centralized threat when attacking. with both your tactic and the one i made (a 3-4-3ish 3-4-1-2 inspired by this one), the defensive wingers were able to move inside and score the occasional goal or thread a final ball to a striker. i've never been able to get fullbacks/wingbacks to pose a goalscoring threat until i had them "move into channels". kudos for that.

and this bit is kind of off-topic, but if you move a defensive winger to the opposite side you can play him as a so-called "inverted fullback". i moved asamoah to the midfield-right position, changed "move into channels" to "cut inside", "cross ball" to rarely, and "through balls" to often. they can do a lot more of what i mentioned earlier this way (that is, move inside and provide more goals+through balls, rather than just crosses like the typical attacking fullback does).

so yeah, sorry i couldn't provide more insightful feedback on the rest of the tactic. i just wanted to let everyone know how useful i thought the fullback instructions were! :>

Great feedback, and glad to see the use of defensive wingers has struck a chord with you - they are probably my favourite role in the game. Nice idea about the "inverted defensive winger" as well - played in the AMR/L position with a supporting overlapping fullback could be a killer tactic, might have to try that out :). Juve are the perfect team for this - I feel a new save coming on...

Good solid tactic mate, where did you get the Juventus stadium background mate as i am unable to locate them ? Thanks bud :)
Right here on FM-Base :)

Backgrounds - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

They might be from the 2009 forum, but they're just jpg files. Once you have some stadia loaded, if you don't like the look of one just search on Google Images for a replacement - make sure you get a large file size though, a 298x195 pic won't look very good once it's stretched out to fit your screen ;).

Right here on FM-Base :)

Backgrounds - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

They might be from the 2009 forum, but they're just jpg files. Once you have some stadia loaded, if you don't like the look of one just search on Google Images for a replacement - make sure you get a large file size though, a 298x195 pic won't look very good once it's stretched out to fit your screen ;).

Found it mate :p

Is there a way of making it so the stadium appears on the team information ect ? :)

Last edited:
Not so bad tactic ! :)
Make me good results with Wigan !

Can someone please re-upload this tactic? When I download from the link in the OP, I get a PHP instead of a TAC file... Or am I missing something here? Thanks! :)

Can someone please re-upload this tactic? When I download from the link in the OP, I get a PHP instead of a TAC file... Or am I missing something here? Thanks! :)

OP updated, just scroll to the bottom of the first post and click the .tac file to download :).

Just started using this tactic with Dynamo Kiev, and I must say that I'm qiute impressed with it so far. I know that there isn't much of a competition other than Shakhtar, Dnipro and perhaps Metalist Kharkiv in the league, but 9 wins in 9 games and a goaldifference of 28-0 is just incredible!!!! I also beat Feyenoord 5-2 (2-0 H & 2-3 A) and Udinese (4-0 H & 1-1 A) on agg. in the Champions League Quals! 2 words: GREAT TACTIC!!! :D

Just started using this tactic with Dynamo Kiev, and I must say that I'm qiute impressed with it so far. I know that there isn't much of a competition other than Shakhtar, Dnipro and perhaps Metalist Kharkiv in the league, but 9 wins in 9 games and a goaldifference of 28-0 is just incredible!!!! I also beat Feyenoord 5-2 (2-0 H & 2-3 A) and Udinese (4-0 H & 1-1 A) on agg. in the Champions League Quals! 2 words: GREAT TACTIC!!! :D
Wow great start :)

This is just getting better and better!! After 21 league games with Dynamo Kiev my record is 19-2-0 and my goaldifference is 56-6! My strikers have been on fire as well! Milevskyi (TM) has 21 goals in 25 matches and Ideye (Pocher) has 22 goals and 17 assists in 27 matches!! Only lost first place in my CL group after a 2-0 defeat away to Arsenal in the last match. Beat them 2-1 at home. 2nd place meant that i had to play Barcelona in the first knock out stage, and I must say I had never dreamt about what would happen... Home match first, and Barca were SLAUGHTERED 4-0!!!! Lost the return leg 2-1,but who cares!? ;) Bayern Munchen next.... :D

Great tactic, what Skin are you using in the photo on page one?

yes, very gd tactic. Currently working with Charlton and used with Juve few weeks back.

Do you know the skin he's using in the pic?

This tactic is insane for a Sweeper tactic. Just give it a run out with Juventus to see what it can be like fully and its domination.

wow, awesome tactic. Has changed my liverpool season!