The journey of a lifetime: Part 1

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.19.38 PM.png

Judging by results, you need big moves this window.
The market is very poor, I thought we could get some half decent free agents but not really. So we probably have to coach the players to gain form. I think a decision needs to also be made about the UAE job. So I will update the readers about that too. The story is taking some interesting turns and more is yet to come.

Ebrahim Abdulla, the 28 year old goalkeeper is injured for 5-7 weeks.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.12.17 PM.png

Carlos Rodriguez, the 29 year old left back is ill and will be out for 8 days-2 weeks.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.32.51 PM.png

Our first signing for Al Urooba is Mohammed Salem Rashid, a 17 year old centre back from Liwa FC on a free transfer.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.35.15 PM.png

Our second signing is 17 year old goalkeeper Mohammed Al-Ali on loan from Masafi.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.38.59 PM.png

17 year old centre back Mohammed Ali has left Al Urooba to join Masafi for 1.9k pounds. Good luck to him in his next move.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.40.19 PM.png

Our 3rd signing is Khaleed Al-Shamsi, a 26 year old Emirati striker on a free transfer from Al-Quwwat Al-Musallaha.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.41.51 PM.png

Our fourth signing is a 17 year old right back from Zanzibar called Adam Bakari. He signs on a free from a club called Charawe FC.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.29.38 PM.png

Let's have a look at Besiktas. Well, I told you so. My judgement of the situation at Besiktas was spot on. They are having a very bad season, they are 13th in the Turkish League. They have a very slim chance of qualifying for European football. Probably no chance if they continue these inconsistent results. Cagdas Atan, the current Besiktas manager is left to pick up the pieces at that club and I feel sorry for him. I got out at the right time.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.42.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.39.50 PM.png

England have won the 2022 World Cup. Sean Dyche is the manager. Poland did an amazing job to get to the final.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.47.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.48.06 PM.png

I have applied for a number of international jobs in case I am looking for an escape route.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.57.05 PM.png

I think you should keep the UAE job. You have a great chance at qualifying from your group in the AFC Cup
Okay, I will stay in the UAE job. We have fallen down in the world rankings from 74th to 76th. But yes, we are in the 2023 AFC Asian Cup. It also confirms one more thing, that I will be staying at Al Urooba and develop football in the UAE.

Okay, so a reader has requested me to continue the UAE job and lead them through the 2023 AFC Asian Cup at least. So one last job update. I did apply for the Nottingham Forest job, but I won't be getting it as the interview process is over. I am quite surprised that the readers like this angle of the story where I develop football in the UAE. So feel free to share your thoughts. Lovely to hear your responses. i will also be rejecting any of the international job offers I might get.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.58.35 PM.png

Anyone can be a glory hunter, but not anyone can be a national hero
Well, I will give my best. Especially after the scarring Besiktas experience. I will probably not sign Cyle Larin to any club I manage unless I am really desperate. The player in itself is not that bad. He scored a few goals, but bottled it when it really mattered. I like the Al Urooba job surprisingly, it is a pure test of my coaching credentials, I have almost nothing to work with. I just have to rely on coaching players and these players are not very good players. So it is a matter of playing them into form. And giving them game time they need. About the UAE job, national hero? Let's see, looking at the stats I have a better record than Bert van Marwijk for now. I wanted to leave but you have convinced me to stay.

16 year old striker Abdulla Salem Juma is out with the flu for 3-11 days.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 10.20.49 PM.png