The journey of a lifetime: Part 1

17 year old goalkeeper Mohammed Ali has left Al Urooba to join Masafi for 1.1k pounds.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 10.38.27 PM.png

Like I said, I will reject international job offers that come my way. So I have rejected the Algeria and Ivory Coast jobs.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 10.42.16 PM.png

Our 5th signing is a 22 year old goalkeeper on loan called Osama Al-Matrooshi from Khor Fakkan. Also Portugal, Argentina, Uruguay or Brazil won't be hiring me.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 11.04.27 PM.png

Squad report for the UAE national team in the year 2022.
Star performers, no one really. I rotated the team a lot. But there were a couple of underwhelming players. I expected a bigger contribution from Fabio Lima and Ali Mabkhout. Players who have kind of taken their chances are Khalid Eisa and Faisal Al-Matroushi. Khalid Abdulraheem Bawazir had the best moment in the year when he scored the 90th minute winner against Paraguay in the friendly we played earlier. Hamdan Al Kamali, the experienced defender is slowly being phased out. We can't really rely on Omar Abdulrahman, and he has been a bit underwhelming too, couple of glimpses of his talent but that's about it.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 12.02.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 12.02.47 AM.png

17 year old attacking midfielder Abdulaziz Khalid has left Al Urooba to join Masafi for 1.1k pounds.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 12.26.20 AM.png

We have made our 6th signing. It is 24 year old Salem Al-Blooshi, a central midfielder on loan from Al Dhafra.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 1.07.29 AM.png

17 year old central midfielder Rashid Ali is injured for 5 weeks-2 months.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 2.20.15 AM.png

Here is the big news. I have resigned as Al-Urooba manager. I had a plan to improve grassroots football in the UAE, but the state of it was so shocking at the lower levels of UAE football, that it looks like the plan is to rely on natural talent without really developing it. This is why UAE based players don't move to Europe. Unlike countries like Egypt, Algeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast etc. To be quite frank, I am looking for a way back into English football hopefully, and if that doesn't happen I would like to try out a new country altogether.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 3.17.04 AM.png

Yes the plan was noble, to try to improve grassroots football in the UAE but what I have seen is that players are not being coached properly in terms of tactics and their gameplay is suffering because of that. In my UAE national team there is a youngster called Harib Abdalla. He is kind of the next UAE wonderkid. I believe he could go down the same route of mediocrity if his talent is not developed properly. So I have a career plan for him specifically, depending on what my next club job would be. After seeing the state of grassroots football, it is time to help UAE players shine in the world, especially the ones who are good young talents.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 3.24.05 AM.png

I think you should keep the UAE job. You have a great chance at qualifying from your group in the AFC Cup
As I have said, and I am quoting your reply, I will be in the UAE job at least till the 2023 AFC Asian Cup. After that I will make a decision. I will probably need your help and the help of other readers too, if they reply.

Applied for the Bromley and Hong Kong FC job. I applied for a job in an Indonesian club called Persib Bandung too but the application was unsuccessful.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 3.47.55 AM.png

Well thank you Mr. David Sullivan for considering this manager who is down on his luck, has good intentions and generally cares about football. WEST HAM offer me a job interview after my stint at Al Urooba. Somebody believes in me. I will say whatever it takes to get the job at the interview.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 3.51.39 AM.png

Also 24 year old left winger Yahya Al-Ghassani is injured for 5 weeks.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 4.00.24 AM.png