View attachment 151099
16/02/2023
View attachment 151098
Liverpool grab crucial away goals but fail to win against Roma

View attachment 151097
View attachment 151096View attachment 151095Starting lineup View attachment 151094: Siddall, Hernandez, Schär, Matip, Moreno, Gray, Hughes, Henderson, Coutinho, Cenic, François
Bench View attachment 151093: Wain, Redmond, DeFreitas, Clyne, Kondogbia, Ponce, Bernard

It was a night to forget for Totti and his Liverpool side as they lost 4-2 to the current European champions Roma. In the end, I Gialorossi were just too strong for the Reds and with wonderkids like Biro in their lineup, Roma were bound to score goals. The only positive for the English side will definitely be their two away goals, which will give them some hope ahead of the return leg at Anfield next week, but it'll still be very tough for them to get back in the tie. It was a very emotional night for Totti, who was seen tearing up as he saw all of his former players and gave them all hugs at the end of the game, despite losing which was seen as a bit controversial.

I just couldn't hold back. The full whistle blew and we lost heavily but the tears got to me. I didn't cry, but almost did. It was very emotional for me to come back at the Olimpico and play against Roma, even more emotional than back when I had to do that with Inter. Unfortunately for us though, it'll be really hard to get back in the tie but I think we can do it if we really try. I mean, the team has shown that they can get wins throughout January so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to win at least 2-0 in the return leg, even though Roma are probably a stronger side. Now, we have a game against West Ham for the 5th round of the FA Cup so you know what, if we're not going to win the Europa League then let's get a spot in Europe by winning the Europa League, because we definitely won't be able to do that in the league...

View attachment 151091
19/02/2023
View attachment 1052402Narrow win for Liverpool as they go through to next round

View attachment 151090
View attachment 151089View attachment 151088Starting lineup View attachment 151087: Siddall, Hernandez, Schär, Fosu-Mensah, Wain, Gray, Kondogbia, Henderson, Coutinho, Cenic, François
Bench View attachment 151086: Moreno, Redmond, Lesniak, Clyne, Hughes, Ponce, Bernard

Ahead of their second leg game against Roma in the Europa League in just 4 days, Liverpool will have found some hope as they manage to go through to the 6th round of the FA Cup, taking them just 2 games away from the final and 3 games away from a potential title. The Reds pretty much dominated this game against West Ham and not much happened from Coutinho's goal late on in the second half but Totti will still be happy with his side's performances, especially in the FA Cup. If there's one thing that can be said about Totti's season so far with Liverpool though, it's that he unfortunately never got the money and time to create his own side as he had to use the players that Zidane based his side around and it's always hard for a manager to do so, as it was for Klopp when he took over from Rodgers a couple of years ago.

Not the best of games to watch for the fans but they'll be happy we got the win and that's all that matters for me. The Liverpool fans are incredible and I'm really proud that they're almost always behind me and the team. Now, we can fully focus on the Roma game and hope for the best against them because they're a very strong side and we'll really need to be at our best if we want to go through to the next round. Anyway, after the game, Coutinho and Gray came to me and told me that they weren't really happy with the way I was talking to the players at half-time and told me something needed to change:

Thankfully, the talk went well and they just accepted my apology and we can move from it for now. I really value Philippe's opinion considering he's been at the club for so long so he really knows how everything works around here and I was happy that he was satisfied with what I told him.

Also, the draw came for the next round of the FA Cup and I don't want to get all cocky and arrogant but, we probably got the easiest draw we could have gotten!

Hopefully now we can go all the way. After this game is the semi-final so who knows how far we'll be able to go! I'm excited that's for sure!

Last edited:
View attachment 151082
23/02/2023
View attachment 151081Liverpool can't take advantage of away goals and get knocked out

View attachment 151080
View attachment 151079View attachment 151078Starting lineup View attachment 151077: Siddall, Hernandez, Schär, Fosu-Mensah, Moreno, Gray, Hughes, Henderson, Coutinho, Cenic, Ponce
Bench View attachment 151076: Wain, Redmond, Lesniak, Clyne, Kondogbia, François, Bernard

And that's it for Liverpool. The European dream is over. The Reds came up against a very strong Roma side who just looked like the better team in both games and they were bound to go through, which is a real kick in the teeth for Francesco Totti. It looked like Liverpool could have done it as they scored very early on but former Red Firmino equalised before half-time which was the beginning of the end of Liverpool's time in the Europa League. Despite putting out a strong team, Totti's men just didn't do enough and at least they'll now get to focus on the Premier League, where they need a lot of work to climb up the table.

We were so close. SO close. But in the end, it just wasn't enough. It was a total heartbreak, I'm not gonna lie, even though we were only playing in the First Knockout Round. As said in the papers, now we can just focus on the league and the FA Cup which is better than nothing and to be honest, I hope that we can win the FA Cup to give the players and those fans some European football. I already made a couple of promises to some of our biggest players that we could play Champions League football next season if we try hard enough and the Europa League was our best bet but we're now knocked out of that, so the league is the only thing that can save us. Let's hope the players realise that and put it some good performances for the last few games of the season.

View attachment 151075
26/02/2023
View attachment 151074

Impressive Cenic grabs first hat-trick, gifts Liverpool 3 points

View attachment 151073
View attachment 151072View attachment 151071Starting lineup View attachment 151070: Siddall, Hernandez, Schär, Fosu-Mensah, Moreno, Henderson, Cenic (View attachment 151068), Lesniak, Redmond, Gray, Hughes
Bench View attachment 151069: Wain, Coutinho, Ponce, Clyne, Kondogbia, François, Bernard

A fabulous Jovan Cenic grabbed his first hat-trick for Liverpool as the Reds cruised to a 4-2 win against Stoke at Anfield in a game where they needed to impress their fans after going out of the Europa League earlier in the week. Lesniak was also a surprise goalscorer for Liverpool as the Polish attacking midfielder doesn't play that much under Totti but he proved the Italian legend wrong and we could see him in the lineup in the future. The Reds will now have to focus on their game against the overachieving Burnley, who are sitting in 5th in the Premier League following their promotion last season, putting them in contention for European football next season which is just incredible.

A very solid game for us, I'm happy. Jovan was incredible and Filip was as well. I wanted to rest a couple of our key players so that we'd keep them fresh and healthy for the game against Burnley. They're a really, REALLY good team and we'll struggle against them for sure so I want to make sure we keep our best players for that game. This win was important for us, not only for the fans because they would want a win after getting knocked out of the Europa League but also for the players and myself because we want to get higher up the league table. Hopefully we'll get a good result against Burnley now before our FA Cup game against Bristol.

View attachment 151066
01/03/2023
View attachment 151046
Late goal for Burnley as Liverpool lose again

View attachment 151045
View attachment 151044View attachment 151042Starting lineup View attachment 151039: Siddall, Clyne, Provoste, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Cenic, Coutinho, Bernard (View attachment 151037), Gray, Ojo
Bench View attachment 151038: Wain, Lesniak, Ponce, Hernandez, Kondogbia, François, Redmond

Burnley have continued their amazing run in the Premier League by beating Liverpool at Turf Moor as Josh Vela scored a late goal to clinch the victory for his side. After winning 4-2 against Stoke last week, it looked like Liverpool could have continued their good run of form in the league in the hopes of climbing up the table but it wasn't to be as Burnley continue their European football chase, sitting in 5th in the league. Liverpool will now have to look ahead to their game against Swansea before they face Bristol City for a chance to play in the FA Cup semi-final in the hopes of going all the way and win the trophy that they haven't won since the 2015/2016 season.

Really, REALLY disappointing. I can't even imagine how the fans feel after this game. I just don't know what's wrong with the team! Is it the defence that's too poor and weak or our midfield that doesn't control the game enough? I really don't know and I think I just need time to try and figure that out if we want to get to the mid-table by the end of the season like the board wants. Our game against Swansea will be a crucial one because they're right behind us, literally right behind us and losing would mean we'll just go back down the table. I believe in this team though, we can do it! Come on you Reds!

View attachment 151035
04/03/2023
View attachment 151034
Liverpool secure narrow win at Anfield against Swansea

View attachment 151033
View attachment 151031View attachment 151030Starting lineup View attachment 151029: Siddall, Clyne (View attachment 151028), Schär, Fosu-Mensah, Ellis, Gray, Hughes, Henderson, Coutinho, Cenic, François
Bench View attachment 151027: Moreno, Markovic, Ponce,
Provoste, Kondogbia, Bernard, Redmond

There were about 15 000 empty seats at Anfield today as Liverpool played one of their most dominant games of the season to beat Swansea just 1-0, with a late first-half goal from Philippe Coutinho. After losing to Burnley last week, the Reds just NEEDED to get a win to make their way back up the table and please their fans. It's been a bad season for Liverpool so far and it has shown with the attendances at Anfield as the stadium has not been empty in the Premier League since the Tottenham game back in late January which was over a month ago now. This win however takes Liverpool back up to 12th as they attempt to make their way back in the top 10 and limit the damage made by the awful performances in the first half of the season.

I wasn't expecting any less than that. We dominated the game and firmly deserved the victory. Coutinho was outstanding again but Clyne got the man of the match award and deservedly so! We're still slowly making our way back up the table which is good and with our next league game against Manchester United, I can only just pray for a good result then and for us to get into the top 10. First though, Bristol City. The FA Cup is the last cup competition we can win this season and I think we have a really good chance of doing that so we need to stay focused against Bristol and hope we can qualify for the next round which is the semi-final. Let's do this!

View attachment 151025
11/03/2023
View attachment 1052471Liverpool storm into FA Cup semi-final

View attachment 151024
View attachment 151023View attachment 151020Starting lineup View attachment 151017: Siddall, Clyne, Schär, Fosu-Mensah, Ellis, Redmond, Kondogbia, Henderson, Coutinho (View attachment 151015), Cenic, François
Bench View attachment 151016: Moreno, Markovic, Ponce, Hernandez, Hughes, Bernard, Gray

A very confident performance from Liverpool in front of a packed out Anfield where the Reds absolutely smashed Bristol, as it was expected by many. This sees Totti's side now storm into the FA Cup semi-final where they could face Sheffield United, Tottenham or Wolverhampton, all three of which would be tough teams for Liverpool to beat but would make up for a great game. It was a big moment for Schär who scored his first goal of the season and his second with a Liverpool shirt since he joined in 2017 from Hoffenheim.

A superb win for the club and for the players AND for the fans! We're now through to the semi-final, meaning we're just one game away from the final and potentially just 2 games away from a title this season. It'd be amazing to win one in the my first half-season at the club and I can see that all the players are pumped for it. We've got a heavy couple of weeks ahead of us starting in just a couple of days with a game against Manchester United, followed by Everton and then Arsenal. It'll be tough, it'll be tiring, but we have to perform well for the fans, to show them what this club is all about. And I can't wait for the Merseyside derby, when we'll all hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" sang high and loud by the fans. That game will be the most important of my Liverpool managerial career so far and I want to do well, so I need to make sure I get the players all pumped for that. Oh and also, a really interesting draw for the semi-final!

View attachment 151012

Last edited:
View attachment 151004
15/03/2023
View attachment 151003
Manchester United smash Liverpool to stay top of Premier League

View attachment 151001
View attachment 151000View attachment 150999Player ratings View attachment 1052509

An abysmal performance from Liverpool who got absolutely smashed today at Old Trafford as Manchester United continued their race to the Premier League title and Liverpool stay in the bottom half of the table in a game where they never looked like they could have gotten anything out of. The best player for the Reds was Coutinho by far as he managed to get a 7.9/10 rating but the man of the match went to Berardi, who scored twice to sink Totti's side. Gray and Siddall will also be very disappointed with their performances and will have to look a lot better come the Merseyside derby in a couple of days.

A day to forget, a game to forget. With the Merseyside derby coming up so soon, we can't afford to think about today so much. We played terribly and as a result got smashed, it's nothing surprising. It could have been even more than 3-0 if it wasn't for Coutinho who made us look a lot better than we actually were today but it doesn't matter now. We were playing against title contenders and when we're sitting in 12th, we couldn't expect to get a great result against them especially when we lose against the likes of Burnley. Despite this disappointing result, I feel confident for the game against Everton and I just hope that all the fans feel that way too!

View attachment 150983
18/03/2023
View attachment 150982
Liverpool is red!

View attachment 150981
View attachment 150980View attachment 150979Player ratings View attachment 1052519

Liverpool is red! After an absolutely tremendous game, the Reds have won it! Everton didn't look dangerous even once in front of goal and Coutinho, François and Cenic all took advantage of that as they all scored at least one goal each. The match ratings don't lie though and ultimately, the whole team was absolutely outstanding out there in what HAS to be Liverpool's best performance of the season so far. Totti will be pleased that his first derby finished with such a favourable scoreline and as he said at the end of the match, this was really for the fans to enjoy and get the bragging rights later on.

What a win!!! I never thought that my first Merseyside derby would end like this, I mean wow! We were just incredible out there and for a second you wouldn't even think we're in the bottom half of the table with a win like that! With the Arsenal game now 2 weeks away with the international break, we're gonna get the chance to go over everything we've done correctly today and hope that we'll just repeat that against the Gunners at the Emirates when we face them. I'm so proud of all these lads. Look at me using English sayings now as an Italian, that's how much I've fit in here already! I really like this club and their project and if things can be this good later on, we will become the ever so successful Liverpool than this club once was a couple of years ago!

View attachment 150594
01/04/2023
View attachment 150593
Liverpool get lucky win against Arsenal in London

View attachment 150592
View attachment 150591View attachment 150590
Player ratings View attachment 1052964

Arsenal were shocked at home by Liverpool as they lost 2-1, conceding the two goals in the first-half. Demarai Gray was the man who broke the deadlock for the Reds as they continue their ascension in the top half of the Premier League, with Arsenal staying in the top 3 despite that loss at home. The whole Arsenal team was very convincing but up front, they just couldn't convert and Liverpool took advantage of that by scoring twice in the first half to secure the victory. Coutinho was once again one of the best players on the pitch as he looks set to secure the Player's Player of the Year award at the end of the season if he continues like this, as rumoured in the papers all around England so far.

A fantastic victory that definitely gives us a LOT of confidence going forward. We knew Arsenal would a really tough opponent especially after 2 weeks off but we still managed to do really well and get the three points. You could argue that we played pretty badly but in the end we just played our game, it's just Arsenal who couldn't do anything with the possession and their shots, in typical Arsenal fashion. Next up we have Middlesbrough and then Brighton before our FA Cup semi-final, arguably our biggest game of the season. This win against Arsenal already gives us confidence ahead of the next few league games so I'm very happy and definitely think that we'll be able to get victories in both the games if we focus and work hard enough.

Painful to lose to United but a great way to bounce back against Everton!

View attachment 150207
08/04/2023
View attachment 150206
Scare for Liverpool as Coutinho and Fosu-Mensah get injured in 3-1 win over Middlesbrough

View attachment 150200
View attachment 150199View attachment 150198Player ratings View attachment 1053382

View attachment 150192
Liverpool claimed a priceless victory against Middlesbrough as they jumped in the top half of the table with goals from Hughes, Cenic and Gray. Totti said in his post-match press conference that he was worried about both Coutinho's and Fosu-Mensah's injury but news have just come in that even though Coutinho should be fine, Ghanaian centre-back Fosu-Mensah will be out for at least 2 months with a dislocated shoulder. It will be a big blow for the Reds as the defender had recently come back from the African Cup of Nations where he competed with Ghana and now means that Liverpool have one less backup defender in their squad. The Italian manager will still definitely be satisfied with his side's win as it was a very convincing victory that allows him to take a lot of pressure off himself as he finally gets in the top 10 in the Premier League and with a lot of work, could maybe even dream of a Europa League spot in the league if the Reds were to not win the FA Cup.

Great performance from every single player who was on the pitch today. Unfortunately, Timothy came off in the first 30 minutes and it saddens me that we won't see him on the pitch for the next 2 months, he would have been a great asset for the rest of the season. I'm expecting the youngsters to really step up now and hopefully we can continue this good form in his absence. Today was a great day overall though, every player on the pitch took part in the goals we scored by either just scoring them or assisting them or starting the plays that led to goals and this was one of our most confident performances since I joined as we were 3-1 up at half-time. Middlesbrough are a good team but we managed to outplay them and get the 3 points so ahead of the Brighton game now, I feel confident. After that will be the FA Cup semi-final which will be really exciting, and hopefully we can win that and go to Wembley in May.

View attachment 150129
16/04/2023
View attachment 150127
Zidane gets victory over former club

View attachment 150125
View attachment 150124View attachment 150123Player ratings View attachment 1053463

It wasn't a great day for Liverpool as they suffered defeat to former manager Zinedine Zidane, who's now in charge at Brighton. The home side grabbed a 3-2 victory with the help of an own goal from Liverpool goalkeeper Siddall and a couple of disciplinary issues in Liverpool's defence. With Coutinho rested after his small injury against Middlesbrough, Totti had to play Bernard who despite having a pretty decent game just didn't bring the pace and technique that Coutinho has on the pitch, which cost Liverpool 3 points. The Reds stay in mid-table and will hope that they do better in their next game, the FA Cup semi-final against Sheffield United next Sunday. After that, Totti's side will face Chelsea at Anfield in one of their last games of the season in the Premier League.

That was just really disappointing... I thought that we'd be able to get a good result and show that we're not so dependent on Coutinho but clearly that didn't show at all today. We got two injuries last game and didn't play those two injured players as a result and we just didn't look that great out there. Fair play to Zidane, he knows the club pretty well considering he managed here for about 6 months but that really isn't a reason for our poor performance today. The fans won't be happy and at this point we can only hope that we'll make up for this loss with a victory in the FA Cup semi-final. I'm really excited for that game and I'm really excited to see if we make it all the way to the final and get my first trophy with the club and the club's first trophy since 2016.

View attachment 149976
23/04/2023
View attachment 1053622
First cup final for Totti's Liverpool as super-sub Ponce scores winner at Wembley

View attachment 149975
View attachment 149974View attachment 149973Player ratings View attachment 1053626

View attachment 149968
And they've done it! Liverpool have made it to the FA Cup final! It was expected after the draw put them up against Sheffield but considering their form this season, some fans were still pretty doubtful and the Reds had to wait until the 77th minute when Ponce, who came on as a substitute following Cenic's injury in the 20th minute, scored the winning goal after a mistake from a Sheffield defender. This is Liverpool's first cup final since 2016 when they won the FA Cup so some of the players will definitely be familiar with Wembley and the competition as they wait on Tottenham and Wolverhampton to play their game to see who they'll face in late May. With now just 4 games left in the Premier League, Totti will be very happy to have reached a final and iy should give him and the players some motivation to do their best in the league if things were to go wrong in the FA Cup final.

YES!!! An absolutely amazing game in the end despite it only finishing 1-0 but it was in our favour so I won't complain! My first cup final as Liverpool manager! The club has such an amazing history that now I'm going to be under a lot of pressure to play well in the final and win the competition, which would be the club's 9th FA Cup. That's a lot of FA Cups and at this rate, if we can play this well in the FA Cup, I'm confident that we'll be a force to reckon with next season in the Premier League provided we sign the right players. With now just 4 games left in the Premier League, we're all eager to finish up the season and play in the final but first we need to focus on Chelsea at home, which will be a very tough game but we can get a result, I'm sure of it.

View attachment 149966
Well then, that promises for an interesting final! We've not won against Tottenham in the last 20 games we played them and it's about time I end that run and get the victory. It'd be absolutely amazing to do that in the final so I'm excited!

View attachment 149963
26/04/2023
View attachment 149962
Liverpool grab victory against rivals Chelsea despite Blues dominating

View attachment 149961
View attachment 149960View attachment 149959Player ratings View attachment 1053642

Despite many expecting a rout from Chelsea at Anfield, Liverpool took all 3 points as their defence held up and conceded just once in the first-half to keep a 3-1 lead and get a 3-2 final victory after 90 minutes. Chelsea looked like the better team but just didn't take their chances at all and will have to suck up the result and move on to their next game next week as Liverpool climb back up to 9th and are now just hoping to keep climbing closer and closer to Europa League spots despite chances of them making it in the European spots being very slim. No matter what though, Liverpool fans will be very happy to be way above Everton on the table now after they started to get the bragging rights back following their 4-0 win in the derby and their amazing climb up the table from bottom of the league in early January to the top 10 this late in the season.

What a game! 3 goals in 9 minutes to secure a win against CHELSEA of all teams! It was yet another great day for the club, to get such a win against club rivals. This team just changed since I arrived. From when I was linked with them last summer until I was appointed manager, I'd watch some highlights and games online and they just didn't play at all under Zidane. Not much to do with the manager anyway but they just didn't enjoy the football they were playing and it cost them. Then I came in and asked them about all of that and since then we've just been rocking it in the Premier League. We're now 9th and I'm hoping we can go even further up the table now because it'd be a shame to drop back in the bottom half of the table before the end of the season. Next up, we have Southampton. They're a very strong team and we'll have to be at our best, especially away from home if we want to do well so let's just get on with that game!

View attachment 149715
30/04/2023
View attachment 149714
Liverpool not good enough against Southampton

View attachment 149713
View attachment 149712View attachment 149711Player ratings View attachment 1053915

Liverpool were simply not good enough today as they faced Southampton and fell to a late defeat. Totti will be very disappointed with such a loss considering just last week they got a great victory against Chelsea but Southampton were the better team by far and completely deserved their 3 points today as Michael Cook scored the winner in the 79th minute. Liverpool stay in 9th with that win but have now made it impossible for them to get in the European places, although they could still get as high as a 7th-placed finish by the end of the season. With games against already-relegated Newcastle and Hull City, they've given themselves a great chance to go up the table before the Premier League season ends and those two matches should give them a nice opportunity to build some confidence ahead of their FA Cup final.

Disappointing. Considering I moved to England just a couple of months ago and my English isn't that elaborate yet, that's the best word of my vocabulary that can describe our performance today. As we've gone up and up the table since January, expectations have grown bigger and bigger from our fans and the board and pundits but today we were just really not good enough. For a club like Liverpool, it's humiliating to lose in such a way to Southampton. No disrespect to them but we should have won this game easily, if not just at least won it, and we didn't. Our next two games make us strong favourites on paper but I hope the players won't take that for granted and will actually just work hard for their result because today was unacceptable and in the future, we know we'll need to do better.

View attachment 149709
06/05/2023
View attachment 149707
The Reds crush Newcastle in narrow win

View attachment 149702
View attachment 149700View attachment 149699Player ratings View attachment 1053928

A dominant Liverpool side absolutely crushed Newcastle at Anfield, allowing the Magpies only one shot all game out of the 20 shots taken in total from both teams. Newcastle had a bit more possession but in the end, it was a little bit of magic from Sacha François that gave Liverpool the 3 points against a relegated Newcastle. The whole Merseyside squad had a pretty decent game apart from Ponce and Siddall but they will be satisfied with this result as a win in their last game of the season against Hull could see them move up to 8th in the league. Gray has been somewhat of a revelation since he started playing a bit more under Totti after Markovic's injury and he got yet another assist today to continue his good form under the Italian legend, grabbing the man of the match today as well.

Talk about leaving it late... Thank God François was there in the last few minutes of the game to put one in the back of the net because I would have been extremely annoyed if we didn't win this game. We might have dominated and it might not have been the most convincing of wins but that's something that we know we'll have to improve on next season. Our last game in the Premier League is again Hull and what a last 5 months it's been. I'm definitely feeling at home here and if the board is happy with my performance with the club so far, I'll be extremely happy to stay here for even longer. Coutinho had another good game today and he definitely will go down in history for being one of the Premier League's greatest players considering his amazing performances but also one of Liverpool's greatest ever players. He's played 357 league games for the club and has scored 89 goals, pretty decent for a midfielder if you ask me! He's still a really, REALLY long way off Callaghan's record league appearances for Liverpool of 640 but who knows, if he gives it another couple of years he could break the record! Henderson's already on 430 games at the club too so who knows!

View attachment 149693
21/05/2023
View attachment 149689
Reds jump to 8th following win against relegated Hull City

View attachment 149688
View attachment 149687View attachment 149686Player ratings View attachment 1053943

View attachment 149679

And just like that, the Premier League season has ended! It's been a fantastic year in England for football and it was made even better for Manchester United fans as Chelsea's rule in the Premier League ended this season, with the London-based club finishing 2nd. Tottenham and Arsenal got the other two Champions League spots and somehow, newly promoted Burnley finished 5th and got a Europa League spot. The best comeback was definitely from Liverpool, with the Reds finishing 8th despite being 20th in January! They finished the season on a high with a great victory against Hull with Ponce scoring twice and Coutinho scoring once. Their league finish means that they will not participate in the Europa League as of now but a victory in the FA Cup final next week could see them enter the group stages of the competition! The awards for the 2022/2023 season have also come in and here they are:

View attachment 149678
View attachment 149676
View attachment 149675
View attachment 149674
View attachment 149669
View attachment 149673
View attachment 149672
Well then, what a season. Coutinho very deservedly won the Players' Player of the Year award which I'm very happy about and I'm incredibly proud of him for that, especially at 31 years old! Other than that, there wasn't really any Liverpool presence in the other awards but we all know that they'll come next year for sure. It will be my very first full season at the club and I can't wait but for now, we just need to focus on the FA Cup. We finished 8th which I'm very proud of considering the club was in 20th when I arrived but I know that the fans will want more next season. We'll come back stronger, they can be sure of that. England has always been a country I've admired in terms of football and to manage here now is an absolute honour and I hope that Liverpool and I can be successful together and next year try and compete for the title. Throughout my 5 months here, the journalists kept asking me about being title challengers and I kept laughing at them just telling them "Do you realise we're in the bottom half of the table right now?". It's true though, I don't understand why they thought we were title challengers. Anyway, after this season I know where we need to improve and which players we'd need to sign in order to perform better next season in the league and even just in the competitions we'll play in. I'm just looking forward to the FA Cup. It'll be tough, Tottenham finished 3rd so they are a force to be reckoned with but I think we can beat them. Unlike Tottenham, we didn't have a great season so now, the players will just want to play using their passion and love for the game and that's it. I can't wait, next week feels so far away but it will be amazing once the whistle goes for kick-off at Wembley.

Last edited:
View attachment 149668
27/05/2023
View attachment 1053963 LIVERPOOL WIN THE 2023 FA CUP!

View attachment 149667
View attachment 149666View attachment 149665Player ratings View attachment 1053967

View attachment 149656

Just when people were starting to doubt Totti as a competent manager in England, he proved everyone wrong by guiding Liverpool to their first trophy in the past 7 years!!! It's the club's 9th ever FA Cup and they played an excellent game against Tottenham as François scored twice to gift Liverpool the famous trophy. With that win, the Reds have now managed to qualify for the group stages of next season's Europa League which makes their season not actually seem that bad. It's the perfect end to the season for Liverpool who have been waiting for a trophy for a very long time and with Totti in charge can certainly hope for some more in years to come. The fans will also have to thank Philippe Coutinho, who was nothing short of world-class throughout the entire season and will definitely go down the Liverpool FC history books.

What a way to end the season! What a glorious day for me, the club and the fans! I'm so proud of this team and everything we've achieved in the second half of the season, we've truly been incredible and I can see the club becoming the next big thing in England again! I'm so happy for everyone who is involved in the club, this is an absolutely amazing achievement and I really didn't expect us to win in my first season at the club. We've just been immense. I don't know what else to say other than this club has grown on me and as sad as I was when I left Roma, I'm starting to really love it here. The fans, the stadium, the board, the players. There's so much passion and history at the club that it only feels right to try and extend my stay here for as long as I can! Our season awards came just the day after the FA Cup win and it was a great time again, everyone had fun and the dinner was amazing, overall just an amazing end to the season.

View attachment 149653
View attachment 149652
For now, we've not necessarily have got a tour planned out but the board are telling me that they've already gotten some offers to go around a country in Europe to not be too tired ahead of the Community Shield game that we'll play against Manchester United next season. I've got a lot of youngsters that I'm planning on signing already and I'm really excited about next season. I'll finally get a full transfer window where I can spend a big budget on some players to really strengthen the squad and make us actual title contenders. For now, we're getting a well deserved holiday until early/mid July so I'm really happy to be able to just go back with my wife and kids to spend some time with the rest of the family back in Italy and enjoy some time off after a successful first few months in England.