The Leeds United Thread

First home tie in about 6 weeks and I nearly didn't go because I had the mother of all hangovers but I am so glad I did

The match was ****, Villa had set up to nullify us and get a point or try and knick a win and we really struggled to break them down particularly in the first half. We played better in the second half but we was still not great at all but we got the 3 points and gave Steve Bruce his first loss which is always nice given his United connection.

The mad thing about yesterday was the crowd, 32000 there and in pretty good voice it must be said. It was absolute scenes at the end too, majority of the kop stayed behind after full time and to sing, not seen that in a while. People are actually starting to believe we can go up, me I'm not sure we will need at least 2 or 3 in January to stay up there but anything is possible at this point I guess, I just keep my feet firmly on the floor.

Pontus Janssen was an absolute monster yesterday yet again and he is the fan favourite at the moment, worshipped by the fans, the Pontus Janssen song is really catching on, we absolutely need to sign this guy up he is a great defender probably a premier league defender.

..... The mad thing about yesterday was the crowd, 32000 there .....

Excellent turnout that league on what I'm sure was a freezing cold Sat'day evening.

Question on that out of pure curiosity: I was reading Friday how Leeds had sold all the tickets for Villa. If that'a the case, are they keeping sections closed the Championship? Been a while since we've been like but what's the capacity, upwards of 40K?

Excellent turnout that league on what I'm sure was a freezing cold Sat'day evening.

Question on that out of pure curiosity: I was reading Friday how Leeds had sold all the tickets for Villa. If that'a the case, are they keeping sections closed the Championship? Been a while since we've been like but what's the capacity, upwards of 40K?

Yeah it was freezing especially hungover, yeah a section of the south stand is closed off and some of our upper tier is closed off too. So capacity crowd is around 33k mark.

Its just costs of having the extra policing and stewarding I guess, last season our average attendance was around 19k, this season its about 25k so guess it just makes sense financially to restrict capacity.

Yeah it was freezing especially hungover, yeah a section of the south stand is closed off and some of our upper tier is closed off too. So capacity crowd is around 33k mark.

Its just costs of having the extra policing and stewarding I guess, last season our average attendance was around 19k, this season its about 25k so guess it just makes sense financially to restrict capacity.

Ta. Figured it must be something along those lines when I seen the attendance and I'm like unless my memories failing me Elland Road used to be a lot bigger than that!

Makes prudent sense to restrict within your means. No doubt if Leeds are up there the Spring and demand is there they'll open more up.

Sounds like a stop over. Although heck knows what Cambridge is like for nightlife.

REALLY jealous.

Swap yers for Newport or Plymouth at home?

Yeah it will be a stopover our driver wants too, getting tickets will be the hard part think its under 10k stadium.

Looks like a 1400 allocation for the cambridge match doubt I'll get a ticket gutted too was a ground to tick off the list

Looks like a 1400 allocation for the cambridge match doubt I'll get a ticket gutted too was a ground to tick off the list

Soz la. Here's hoping for yer. Never been Cambridge either. Absolute disgrace that it's a Monday night too.

The TV fixtures for the third round this year leave a LOT to be desired to be kind.

Soz la. Here's hoping for yer. Never been Cambridge either. Absolute disgrace that it's a Monday night too.

The TV fixtures for the third round this year leave a LOT to be desired to be kind.

Yeah not happy don't have all that many grounds to tick off anymore tbh, our spell in league 1 had its benefits.

Way it goes, going by talking to fellow fans we will do our allocation in no time, way it goes least I am guaranteed home tickets being a season ticket holder.

Yeah not happy don't have all that many grounds to tick off anymore tbh, our spell in league 1 had its benefits.....

Think I'm on 76 of the current 92. Need to have an updated recount. Not managed to get any new lower league one in yet this year but I'm hoping to do another few before the season's out. (Heck knows what the number is from all the grounds you lose from clubs moving ground/ clubs going out the league etc.).

Could of really done with the third round cup tie being away. Plymouth or Newport would of been perfect as we're leaving the longer ones until last and another mate who's just ahead of me by 2 grounds has them both to do too. But alas we friging drew them at home!

*Edit* Tell a lie. Fleetwood is this years one new one to date pre-season.

Last edited:
Think I'm on 76 of the current 92. Need to have an updated recount. Not managed to get any new lower league one in yet this year but I'm hoping to do another few before the season's out. (Heck knows what the number is from all the grounds you lose from clubs moving ground/ clubs going out the league etc.).

Could of really done with the third round cup tie being away. Plymouth or Newport would of been perfect as we're leaving the longer ones until last and another mate who's just ahead of me by 2 grounds has them both to do too. But alas we friging drew them at home!

I'd have to do a recount myself but I am fairly sure its in the late 60s early 70s. I dont get to aways as much these days though its mainly friendlies I do away too because thats when I've picked up new grounds lately

Wouldn't overly spend on Rhodes unless you're convinced he'd the missing piece to take Leeds over the top and back to the PL riches.

The Championship's his level so you'd be looking at replacing him at the next level. No coincidence for all his goals down there. nobody's ever really shown serious interest higher up down to his limitations.

Priority should be close down our loan players? But he would be amazing addition to the club.

The only one we need to lock down is Janssen imo I've also heard Hernandez is all but done too, Sako et al can all be replaced.

Wouldn't overly spend on Rhodes unless you're convinced he'd the missing piece to take Leeds over the top and back to the PL riches.

The Championship's his level so you'd be looking at replacing him at the next level. No coincidence for all his goals down there. nobody's ever really shown serious interest higher up down to his limitations.

Yeah not really wanting a permanent deal, but if we can make a loan happen that would be great business to keep us in the playoff mix. Still refuse to get carried away with this promotion push though seen it all before

Yeah Janssen is the most important now, I would also add C.Taylor next to him. We have no-one to fill his place if he leaves(and for free...) not like we had with Cook -- Vieira. Denton? Dont know if he is first team material?

I would be more than happy to get these two and maybe Monk new deal and stay in league and build up for next year promotion run. Also need to sort out this new club owner thing if it happens. Future is bright. Hope we can stay around 4-8 place in league. Show we have what it takes and build on it.

Small article to add that caught my eye.
Massimo Cellino's destructive ownership of Leeds United cost Lucy Ward the one thing that mattered most | The Independent

Hoping Taylor resigns but its not looking good get a few million due to his age but not half of what he is worth