The Leeds United Thread

If we continue to play this poor and lose this game I think that could be it for Grayson. Despite the squad this should be an easy win. 1 win in 8 (if we don't win) isn't good

Alex McCarthy won us the game! after watching the highlights and speaking to people who were at ER! cracks papered over for another week!!! Also, Ive seen a quote that sums up our transfer policy under bates!

"Throw enough sh*t at the wall
and some of it will stick.
But make no mistake...
Your walls still covered in sh*t"

We were very poor against Ipswich there is no doubt about that and the sending off screwed them over, They just imploded after that and gifted us three goals, Had that sending off not happened i really did'nt see a way back into the game for us and i think we would have been lucky to take a point away from that game.Still atleast we killed the game off against 10 men this time and picked up the win even if it was'nt deserved really i'll take wins when we're not playing well, Keeps us up with the pack pushing for playoff places.

Snodgrass and McCormack will continue to attract attention though, With 23 goals between them this season you do have to wonder just how long we can hold onto them if we dont make some signings its only a matter of time before they see that with Bates in control theres not much chance of them playing in the premiership and theres no doubt atleast Snodgrass is more than good enough to be in the premiership, McCormack could do well too but i would be more worried if we lost Snodgrass than McCormack.

When it comes to the signings we have made though some of the blame does have to fall on Grayson, While he does'nt have massive funds he still decides which players we sign and hes not hit the mark very often, Chewbacca, Brown, Sam, O'Brien, Vayrynen, Forssell, Nunez and Paynter are all signings made by Grayson and none of them have proved good business at all, Yes they all came for free or cheap but they still take up wages that are alot better being spent elsewhere.I know Nunez has'nt been given a fair crack of the whip really so i dont really judge him as a bad signing and Forssell has a part to play but he should'nt be starting games like he did against Ipswich, Impact sub at best.

When you look at our midfield from the end of last season we had Gradel, Howson, Kilkenny, Johnson, Snodgrass with Becchio uptop alone, Now only half a season later we have lost 4 of those 5 midfielders and have replaced none of them, Clayton stepped up ofcourse but in terms of signings you would pick Gradel, Howson, Johnson and Kilkenny over any of the players we currently have in midfield apart from Clayton and Snodgrass.

Grenwald you're right about the **** sticking, Sadly for us the **** that did'nt stick fell off and landed on our bench too and not only did it stick, We're paying it to be there!

176d2aa605f9c2f8b4f71182f53f254f.png

CITY are delighted to confirm exciting midfielder Jonathan Howson has put pen to paper for the Canaries and is set to join from Leeds United for an undisclosed fee, after agreeing personal terms and completing a stringent medical.

The deal is subject to the paperwork being approved by the relevant footballing authorities.

After agreeing a three-and-a-half-year deal, Howson is poised to become Paul Lambert's first signing of the January transfer window and will wear shirt number 24 for the Canaries.

Norwich City | News | First News | First News | HOWSON SET TO JOIN CANARIES

This picture saddens me! By holding onto player like this, and paying the going rate to keep hold of out best players, Leeds could of offered him the premiership football he aspires to!
But noooo, Master Bates sells/releases anyone in the club with an ounce of premiership talent as soon as an offer comes in...

Signed Adam Smith on loan. People seem to think he's decent and our defence is bad enough so worth a gamble :) Also O'Brien apparently suffered from depression and that's why he refused to play before. Back in training now. Definitely deserves a second chance

Hearing Mark Wilson could join on loan to the end of the season. Would be great imo. I would be sad to see him leave but with Adam Matthews and the new Swed as well as Cha we have too many rbs. I do hope we offer Willo a new deal after the loan though.

well transfer deadline day was good, a 4-1 loss, another loan signing and more bollocks excuses about why we havnt signed anyone properly! my patients is wearing thin at the moment! excuses and lies is all we get from our club now!
Hopeful Smith is as promosing as people say, and I really hope Obrien is match fit soon, add some experience to the back 4.
Bates out, grayson out!

Rumours doing the rounds on the radio and Twitter that Grayson has been given the boot.

Anyone heard anything more concrete?

Yup its confirmed. Grayson and coaching staff

convenient that its the day after the transfer window shuts, about 3 weeks to late with this decision but oh well! warnock in BATES OUT

Sacking Grayson at this stage is a total joke, The window is shut so anyone coming in has to work with the same players and lets be honest theres very little to work with, Wont be able to bring in his own players until next season now and even then the chances of investment are slim.

The wrong person left the club theres no doubt about that, Under a chairman that is willing to invest Grayson would be a good manager, His signings were not the best but given what he had to spend or the lack of it he did the best he could do pretty much.

I dont fancy our chances of keeping hold of Snodgrass and Clayton next season now and would'nt be suprised to see a few others leave to fund this new managers transfers, Depending on who comes in it could also ruin the chances of the young kids we have coming through that Grayson was giving a shot, I think Lees will be fine but Thompson and White could find themselves back on the bench or playing reserve football again.

Bates wont spend money on signings but is willing to spend money on sacking a manager and bringing in a new one, I hope to god that new one is'nt Warnock but really it does'nt matter who it is, We're still in a bad place until Bates moves along.

Grayson had the highest win% of any manager in Leeds' history with 62.7%.

Admittedly that includes League 1 participation, but it speaks volumes of how well he's done given Bates' policy to sell any talented individuals and rely on loans from other clubs.

Im just in shock, why now? Arguments for no sacking out weigh arguments for sacking. Leaning towards Di Matteo more than Warnock due to the mutual hatred between Leeds and Warnock. Thanks for everything Grayson, true hero. Bates out!

Id lean towards Warnock, as unpopular as he may be with many of us, he might be the 1 to have the bollocks to stand up to Kenneth! di Matteo is ex chelsea and would be another yes man puppet!! Di Canio from swindon would be worth a shot though, Id rather them than any ex chlsea!!

Not sure Warnock would come- ex Sheff U and all that. But it might be too good an opportunity for him. I genuinely feel for you guys having to put up with Bates.

Not sure Warnock would come- ex Sheff U and all that. But it might be too good an opportunity for him. I genuinely feel for you guys having to put up with Bates.

Not sure tbh. After all, Danny Wilson went to Sheff Utd and he was at Sheff Wednesday. Got some almighty stick at first mind lol

The sacking was a poor choice at the best of times but sacking Grayson the day after the transfer window shuts is typical of Bates, Noway was the sacking based on that one defeat to Birmingham and any chairman who had a vision of taking the club forward would have sacked the manager and replaced him before the window shut to allow the new manager time to bring in a few players he wanted but Bates would rather wait until the window was closed before sacking him to save himself having to give funds to a new manager.

Also i would'nt expect to see a manager come in from another club, Personally i would like to see Poyet back at Leeds but the chances of Bates paying compensation to another club for the manager are very low, More than likely we will take one who is out of a job and the one who springs to mind is ofcourse Warnock, I hope its not him i really do but i would'nt be suprised if it was.

I hope to see Grayson back in management soon though, Hes a talented young manager its just a shame he had a total joker as his chairman who thought he could win promotion on a shoe string budget while losing 5 of the clubs standout players of the previous season and replacing them with......Lets be honest none of the were replaced.