The Leeds United Thread

good performance, hopefully we build from there :)

watched a big part of the game.

Saints goalie was in top form, dont know how you didn't score lol! :)

if we play like we did at saints all the time, we'll be up in no time.

if we play like we did at saints all the time, we'll be up in no time.
Hopefully Warnock will build on it until the end of the season and then we can have a real go next season

Hopefully Warnock will build on it until the end of the season and then we can have a real go next season
Once he gets rid of the dead wood, and starts to bring in abit of quality, we should be the team to watch next season in my opinion!

very solid performance (especially defensively) and good win away at Boro today. Fully deserved. Warnock seems to be getting the best out of previously poor players (brown, Cononlly) keep it up boys the play offs are achievable!

McCleary is just too good obviously...

I'm confused. Just got back from work and this has happened!
Result is an embarrassment! beat by a better team, thrashed in fact, I can accept. But to concede a record number of goals, at home, to a relegation battling side, when you are chasing play offs is embarrassing!
Hoping though, this gives Warnock the proof he need to go to Bates and say WE NEED ******* INVESTMENT!!
We've had our ups and downs f'sure! MOT

with Parker, varynen (sp) and O'dea already confirmed to be going/ gone, it should be an interesting summer ahead. at least 80% of the squad probably needs to go tbh. And Snodgrass has to stay!

rumours are we're in talks with El Hadji Diouf. Really hope we don't sign him (doubt we will)

the squad revamp looks to have begun, with 11 players being told they can leave (6 transfer listed and 5 will be released). Only Clayton disappoints me being on the transfer list. had a good break through season and will only get better. However his contract is up next season and apparently he (or his agent) demanded £15K a week. He's not good enough to warrant that so good thing we rejected it. Hope he stays and backs down on his wage demands but we shall see

Definitely getting more optimistic for the season ahead now. Kenny is arguably the best Keeper in Championship, Pearce is a great CB, Drury is a solid FB and Green seems like a decent MC. Keep the signings rolling! Hopefully investment talks reach a conclusion soon

I agree Kenny is one of the better keepers in the league, Lonergan isnt too bad neither nice to see we have two decent keepers now although not sure we will keep hold of Lonergan now.Pearce and Lees will make a solid young CB pairing, Drury adds the experience, Just need a solid RB and our defence will be alot better than last season.

Losing Clayton was abit of a blow, Green will do a job no doubt but we do need another CM or two, Brown should'nt be starting any games this season, He offers very little and his tackling always risks us being down to 10 men.

McCormack staying would be a bonus but i'm not sure we will hang onto him, Maybe if the take over happens we can keep hold of him but keeping Snodgrass is way more important, Hopefully he will sign a new contract if Warnock can keep adding players to the team.

Still need another striker to play off Becchio, Varney looks like he will be signing soon enough, While not a big signing he should still add something and its good to see we are willing to spend some money this season and the main weakness of the team was addressed first with the defence being sorted.

Bringing in a new RB, CM and STR would be good now, Maybe another CB and CM but if this investment works out things are looking pretty good for us right now, A few more signings and then see how Warnock works in the loan market or if he does for that matter, I dont want him doing a Grayson and bringing in short term loans but a couple of hungry young players wouldnt do any harm but Warnock does like his experienced players more.

Varney looks like he will be signing soon enough.

Is that Luke Varney? He used to play for us. He has talent but is such a confidence player. If he's confident he'll run at defenders with his pace, leave people on their **** and score goals. If he's not confident, expect him to hide and miss chances.

There was one time where he rounded the keeper and had an open goal, but instead of tapping it in he tried to dribble closer and closer before eventually running into the defender! I'll try and find the clip. Potentially a very good inside forward or striker.

Is that Luke Varney? He used to play for us. He has talent but is such a confidence player. If he's confident he'll run at defenders with his pace, leave people on their **** and score goals. If he's not confident, expect him to hide and miss chances.

There was one time where he rounded the keeper and had an open goal, but instead of tapping it in he tried to dribble closer and closer before eventually running into the defender! I'll try and find the clip. Potentially a very good inside forward or striker.
He will certainly be an improvement on what he have so I'm happy with the signing if we get him