The Leeds United Thread

actually quite funny from Bates :O
"We have been inundated with applications from the cheeky to the outlandish," he said."We've had one from an 11-year-old boy who obviously has high ambitions in the game, and we have a PlayStation manager of 2010, who fancies his chances, having won a competition.

Suprised we did'nt give the job to the 11 year old, He would settle for a bar of chocolate as his wages but you know the money to pay for it would come out of the transfer kitty, On a serious note i'm very happy Sven is'nt taking over, He must be desperate to apply to Leeds though he normally only goes to clubs with money to spend, I think he might have only heard the "all the money" part when the fans were asking where the **** all the money is going for sales ect, Cant believe i'm saying it but i would rather have Warnock than Sven as manager, **** i'd rather the playstation warrior or the 11 year old munchkin than Sven.

I'd take Warnock but I predict Redfearn as he's the cheap option

Redfearn is indeed the cheap option but he could be the right option until next season atleast, Any manager coming in will be expected to gain promotion or atleast reach the playoffs, Outside chance of playoffs we do have but promotion is asking alot of anyone coming in who is unable to bring in players considering the strength of our current squad, I would'nt mind Redfearn keeping the job until next season and then bringing someone in who can atleast put his own stamp on the team and be given a fair shot, Bates would judge the new manager on the current teams performance and thats not fair because anyone can see there just is'nt enough strength in our current squad compared to Southampton, West Ham, Birmingham ect, They all have a better quality of player throughout their teams apart from maybe Snodgrass, Clayton and McCormack/Becchio on their day.

ye I'll see how Readfearn does over the next few games and make an opinion about it. What you're saying isn't a bad shout. Also looking at the decision to sack Grayson, may not have been such an outrageous decision. 2 goals scored away from home since November. not a good stat.

why do we suck so much? :( bring in Warnock/ McCarthy ASAP

Bates in an ****, thats why we suck so much! And I have a gut feeling that Warnock is Wolves bound, and Bates doesnt seem to like McCarthy. time will tell!

Warnock/McCarthy/Clark please. In that order

I always like to see Leeds do well. It's a shame you've gotten us twice in the FA Cup, as your an exciting team to watch and a cup run for a team as big as Leeds would have been good.

Anyway, Simon Grayson is a very shrewd young manager, and I think that he will lead you to the Premier League in the next few years.

I'm an awful human.

View attachment 224689
Supposedly, from left to right, Shaun Harvey (CEO), Ken Bates (our dear leader) & Neil Warnock (Leeds manager as of Monday) spotted together outside a cafe in Monaco!
Also Warnock was supposedly sighted in and around Leeds this morning, before catching a private chopper for the meeting pictured above. And Warnocks assistant has been seen at ER for the last 2 games. Bookies stopped taking bets on the job.
Could be a done deal, but dont hold me to it!!
MOT!! BATES OUT!

Warnock's a good appointment, Experienced and proven to know how to get clubs out of the league... sacked from a premier league club prematurely so Leeds fans should be happy.

happy with the appointment, probably the best candidate. Though he has a real job on his hands :/

Instigating a comeback from 2-0 down, from the stands! spoke sense in his 1st interview! can see what were missing and doing wrong! could be an exciting end to the season! MAQ00002 - YouTube
link to the interview! Most optimistic Ive felt in ages (but that doesn't mean Bates is off the hook)!
MOT!!!

Glad to see the management issue resolved, I'm not his biggest fan but hes the manager of the club now so all i can do is support him, Only signed until the end of the 12/13 season though which i dont like so much, Come next season how willing is Bates going to be to give funds to a manager who is only there for the one season, Hopefully he is willing to give Warnock some funding because he does have a decent record of getting clubs promoted but he will need funds to do that because to do that with our current lineup is asking alot of any manager.

Hopefully we won't embarrass ourselves on TV against Saints today :/