The Leeds United Thread

@Scouseinthehouse

I had planned making the thread with more info, club state and tactics etc but have been away from computer for a while. Will get something done by this week. Never thought anyone else would make thread first, considering epic has also been away from here for a while.

Edit: ahh this is old thread nice, didint notice at first glance on phone.. Will update here ;)

Thnx for digging it out ;)

The Burley Banksy’s done a boss mural ‘Bielsa the Redeemer’ in case you missed it bouncing around on line mate.

The Burley Banksy’s done a boss mural ‘Bielsa the Redeemer’ in case you missed it bouncing around on line mate.
Did not see, amazing looking yes. :cool:
**** did not notice you posting here as it is not pinned and thus so low in the list after all pin topics. Someone hopefully pins it.

We have had some decent young singings done and contract renows. But still waiting that Bielsa contract confirmation, that is all that matters right now.

**** did not notice you posting here as it is not pinned and thus so low in the list after all pin topics. Someone hopefully pins it. .....

Not sure how that works here mate?

Maybe you need to ask a mod to move it up? Or maybe it happens automatically when a thread gets so many replies to overtake something else?

Not sure how that works here mate?

Maybe you need to ask a mod to move it up? Or maybe it happens automatically when a thread gets so many replies to overtake something else?
I think mod should make it sticky. @wkdsoul can maybe help out?

Glad to see that we are doing decent job on bolstering getting in some good youngsters. Renewing some contracts that are needed and finalising getting our loans contracted. Just get White in the squad and we can have this TW as success.

In for now:
Joe Gelhardt - Bulky as **** for 18 year old, similar to Xherdan Shaqiri. Seems very good prospect and delighted to get him in.
Cody Drameh - unknown for me but if he is up to the task, he will grow here very good.
Jack Harrison - coming for third season with loan move. Surprised that there was no mandatory fee, but fine by me if we can prioritize other parts for transfers. Works well with team and has one of the best work rates for winger.

Loans into singing:
Illan Meslier: Amazing prospect and getting him for 4-6mil is amazing deal. Took over from Casilla after his racist issues and did it so well and commanding. Still young but one of the reason we got up. He is young but I would still rather give him the place in goal. Maybe if we manage to sell Casilla and get some veteran GK in then he could learn a lot. But he is for the future.
Helder Costa: A bit price but he came good the game on. Was mandatory buy if got promoted. It is not easy to fit into Bielsa team so good for him to showing willingness to work on his game.

Renowed contracts
Jamie Shackleton - good to lock him down. Not ready for first team, but gives a lot coming from bench. Just 20 years old so has plenty of time to grow into good midfielder. One of the young ones Bielsa trusts a lot.
Mateusz Bogusz - 18 polish wonderkid. Sad to not see him getting more game time. Probably Bielsa thinks he is too young and not ready. But considering he trains with first team, there is plan with him.

Hopes:
We need to get our hands on Ben White. it might go too pricey but he already knows the team, young, ton of potential and fits Bielsa tactics perfectly. Perfect match with Phillips. We all know that it is hard to get into Bielsa side as it takes time to get fitness up to his standard and understand his ideas behind tactics. I think this is worth some of the fee already. Also this is reason I hope some first team serious transfers will be done soon as it takes time to get up with the team and the kick of is month away. But trust in Bielsa and Orta.
Need Pablo heir also, he is too old for this tempo already. Need someone to learn from him and take over - been linked with Thiago Almada who would be dream singing.
Also Jean-Kévin Augustin contract or fee must be sorted out. But Phil has said this will not effect our transfer budget as it is in other pile. Bielsa and Orta has been promised funds and it wont be cut from there. Probably our owner will pay the bills himself if needed and then sell him forward fast.

And one last thing.
Announce Bielsa contract extension already!!!!!

..... And one last thing.
Announce Bielsa contract extension already!!!!!

I'm fascinatingly intrigued to see Bielsa in the top flight.

Many have you going straight back down but I don't see that at all.

I don't think Ben Whites a possibility mate. There's talk he's our top choice to replace the Lovren void but Potter and Brighton seem set on building around him. Even at the expense of losing the likes of Dunk.

I'm fascinatingly intrigued to see Bielsa in the top flight.

Many have you going straight back down but I don't see that at all.

I don't think Ben Whites a possibility mate. There's talk he's our top choice to replace the Lovren void but Potter and Brighton seem set on building around him. Even at the expense of losing the likes of Dunk.
Afraid it might be like this if White wont push move harder himself. Dont see any top 6 clubs splashing 30-40mil for him. He is too raw for you.

Would welcome him here. Know he has not played much but there is a player in there. Just 26 old also, something like 10-15mil for him would be okey deal i assume. Have played with Bielsa also and was made under him.

Would welcome him here. Know he has not played much but there is a player in there. Just 26 old also, something like 10-15mil for him would be okey deal i assume. Have played with Bielsa also and was made under him.

People will tell you he's ***** or he only scored once in the league last year etc. But the bottom line mate, if Bielsa wants him, that's ALL anyone needs to know.

We have exactly the same right now with our recruitment and coaching being so far ahead of most every other clubs. It doesn't matter what a player has done before or maybe if they're coming off a not so great season. It's all about what they can bring to/ how they fit with us and what we can do to improve them.

If Edwards and his team are sound with whatever player for Klopp and his team to work with, then you know regardless he's the perfect fit for us.

And I'd doubtless have the same feeling were I a Leeds fan under Bielsa. Who I personally believe, now Mourinho's fallen off a cliff and refused to move with today's game, is the third-best coach in the PL behind Jürgen and Guardiola. As mad as that is to say as he's not so much as coached ONE game in the top flight yet! But that's honestly the highest regard I hold him in and as much as I don't care for Leeds, I was made up on your promotion as I'm super intrigued to see how he'll do at the highest level in the land.

People will tell you he's ***** or he only scored once in the league last year etc. But the bottom line mate, if Bielsa wants him, that's ALL anyone needs to know.

We have exactly the same right now with our recruitment and coaching being so far ahead of most every other clubs. It doesn't matter what a player has done before or maybe if they're coming off a not so great season. It's all about what they can bring to/ how they fit with us and what we can do to improve them.

If Edwards and his team are sound with whatever player for Klopp and his team to work with, then you know regardless he's the perfect fit for us.

And I'd doubtless have the same feeling were I a Leeds fan under Bielsa. Who I personally believe, now Mourinho's fallen off a cliff and refused to move with today's game, is the third-best coach in the PL behind Jürgen and Guardiola. As mad as that is to say as he's not so much as coached ONE game in the top flight yet! But that's honestly the highest regard I hold him in and as much as I don't care for Leeds, I was made up on your promotion as I'm super intrigued to see how he'll do at the highest level in the land.
The case with Bat is that he had 3 managers shuffeling in Chelsea and striker is positsion everyone mostly will look into first thing to make changes

But i trust Bielsa and the team he is surrounded. You can see it already with youngster singing for the future. He has changed the view and structure so much from the inside. I hope he stays more that 1 year, but i have my doubts. Hope fasn, club and the players back him enough.

It is crazy thing to say that we have on of the top coaches in PL. He truly is on purely theoretical level and in passion - in this I think he is level or maybe some aspects even passes Pep and Klopp. The ammount of games he watches, players he knows, what tactics the teams use, being perfectionist in many things is crazy. But not so sure if comes into longevity and success to show. Theory is good but this needs to translate into success and it has been hard for him to find that backing and environment to do that.

Cultural change he has brought in has been massive for us and hope we can continue it if there is point he leaves.

Another young prospect in the bag. We are having great pull for prospect.

But but, we could use some first team singing.... hope it comes soon.

I pray Leeds stay up, I rate Cody Drameh and Joe Gelhardt high so hoping to see them get minutes for Leeds this season.

Another young prospect in the bag. We are having great pull for prospect.

But but, we could use some first team singing.... hope it comes soon.

More future-proofing.

Bielsa seems likes he's fixing for a few years more yet and really building a club for PL sustainability again and maybe more.

I pray Leeds stay up, I rate Cody Drameh and Joe Gelhardt high so hoping to see them get minutes for Leeds this season.

We will stay. Just need to bolster our team a bit. Not much to much like Fulham did, but some parts need quality additions.

More future-proofing.

Bielsa seems likes he's fixing for a few years more yet and really building a club for PL sustainability again and maybe more.
It is good to see activity and in the youth level also. Some of the lads are highly hold by other clubs also. Biggest loss is still in my eyes losing our U23 coach Carlos Corberán. But he can manage now Huddersfield and maybe then come back to Leeds when time for Bielsa to leave. But our acadamy has always produced good players.

Only sad thing to being in PL is that you can maybe use youth players so much as in league down. :D the expeteation and skill level of the game is so much higher. But knowing how much Youth games Bielsa watches he will know the right time to bring another youngster into the squad.

It is hars by some fans saying that where are first team singings and that we will lose Bielsa if we dont delivere. I still think all is fine and we are working for the best deals. These youth deals already show that they are working hard on things, take the time and get the right player. If in two weeks there will be no singins then I will start panicing also ?

Looking forward to seeing how Leeds do with Bielsa and the decent squad you have. Could be this seasons surprise package.

It is hars by some fans saying that where are first team singings and that we will lose Bielsa if we dont delivere. I still think all is fine and we are working for the best deals. These youth deals already show that they are working hard on things, take the time and get the right player. If in two weeks there will be no singins then I will start panicing also ?

I don't think they'll be much movement in the market until late given the complete uncertainty with COVID over clubs finances. Most all clubs will be waiting to try get the cheapest possible deals for themselves. The last few weeks could well be where the majority of deals happen. And it might well actually be a proper last day of a window for the first time in like forever!

Open through October 6 mate. Absolutely NO rush on anything. In reality this isn't the window for getting deals done early and players in for the start of pre-season.

Looking forward to seeing how Leeds do with Bielsa and the decent squad you have. Could be this seasons surprise package.
We need quality in finishing and CB. Most danger part is currently CB as we basically have only 1 senior CB in the first team. Dont want to use Kalvin as CB, he is too good in the middle.
I don't think they'll be much movement in the market until late given the complete uncertainty with COVID over clubs finances. Most all clubs will be waiting to try get the cheapest possible deals for themselves. The last few weeks could well be where the majority of deals happen. And it might well actually be a proper last day of a window for the first time in like forever!

Open through October 6 mate. Absolutely NO rush on anything. In reality this isn't the window for getting deals done early and players in for the start of pre-season.
Unfortunatly too many fans( this is for all teams i think) are not patient and want imidient things to happen. At times it can be legit when club is holding back year after year. But we just got up, need to make smart moves.

We need quality in finishing and CB. Most danger part is currently CB as we basically have only 1 senior CB in the first team. Dont want to use Kalvin as CB, he is too good in the middle.

Unfortunatly too many fans( this is for all teams i think) are not patient and want imidient things to happen. At times it can be legit when club is holding back year after year. But we just got up, need to make smart moves.
You can have Rojo and Jones for a packet of quavers and a Mars bar ?