ZeCarlos

Reaction score
View attachment 442613
June 2013
Frank de Boer Signs New Deal

View attachment 442587

AFC Ajax manager Frank de Boer has signed a new four year contract at the Dutch champions after rejecting advances from several European clubs during the close season. After joining the club in 2010, de Boer has brought three successive Eredivisie championships to the Amsterdam Arena as well as securing a 3-2 victory over AZ Alkmaar in the 2013 Johan Cruijff Shield. Last season, the Dutchman secured the annual Rinus Michels Award after leading the club to a 7 point advantage over PSV in the Eredivisie.

The new deal will keep de Boer at the Amsterdam Arena until June 2017. In an official statement, the former defender said: "This new contract is exactly what I wanted. I'm here enjoying myself and my family is happy here. I see enough challenges here and we reached an agreement quickly, because of both sides, we are very satisfied. Now I can follow up on where we are with each other and I have started looking forward to it." Director of football, Marc Overmars, added: "It's no surprise that we wanted to extend Frank's contract. That we have come to an agreement after a conversation says it all. It is good for Ajax that Frank remains connected to the club."

During his playing days, the former Dutch international won five Eredivisie titles, two KNVB cups, the Champions League and Europa League (formerly UEFA Cup) as well as a La Liga title after starring for clubs such as Ajax, Barcelona, Rangers and Galatasaray. After coaching the Ajax youth team from 2007 to 2010, he was assistant to Bert van Marwijk in the Dutch national team set-up as they were runners-up in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Playing Career

YearsClubAppearancesGoals
1988-1999AFC Ajax32830
1999-2003FC Barcelona1445
2003-2004Galatasaray151
2004Rangers152
2004-2005Al Rayyan165
2005-2006Al-Shamal10
Total

Good start here, very interested to see what you have planned, I assume with Ajax! Can't wait to see more, I shall be following :)

Great idea mate. Look forward to seeing where de Boer's career journey leads him. :D

Good start here, very interested to see what you have planned, I assume with Ajax! Can't wait to see more, I shall be following :)

Yep, don't really have any long term plans - just see where I get taken! Thanks for the interest:)

Great idea mate. Look forward to seeing where de Boer's career journey leads him. :D

Thanks for your comment mate - looking forward to progressing!:D

View attachment 442506
July 2013
First Silverware of the Season

View attachment 442505

Friendly | Goodison Park
Saturday 13th July 2013

Everton 0-4 Ajax
(Sigporsson, Schone, Sporkslede, de Jong)

MOTM: de Jong

Great first display of the season - we dominated a top, top team and scored four delightful goals. Siem de Jong was particularly impressive in the centre of midfield as he dictated the tempo of the game throughout and allowed us to decide how the game was played out.

Friendly | Mitsubishi Forklift Stadion
Wednesday 17th July 2013

Almere City
1-4 Ajax
(Lobotka, Bojan, Enoh, OG)

MOTM: Denswil

Another good result - we got a chance to name some of the younger players in the team for this one and every single one of them impressed. Youngster Lucas Anderson started up front and played fantastically - he deserved a goal but unfortunately didn't score. Denswil marshalled the defence brilliantly, too, and picks up the MOTM in a comfortable display.

Friendly Cup Semi Final | Amsterdam Arena
Saturday 20th July 2013

Ajax 2-0 Sampdoria
(Sigporsson x2)

MOTM: Sigporsson

A solid result following a controlled and conserved performance. Both teams knew if they progressed they would inevitably be playing Chelsea in the final barring any upset (they faced Rayo Vallecano). We took a 2-0 lead after just 15 minutes and from then on it was a matter of conserving our energy levels for the match tomorrow.

Friendly Cup Final | Amsterdam Arena
Sunday 21st July 2013

Ajax 0-2 Chelsea

MOTM: Essien

The scoreline doesn't really reflect the game - for long spells we were the better team and overall probably edged the game in terms of performance because Chelsea weren't at their best. They were, however, massively dangerous on the counter and showed that with two fast paced breakaway goals.

Friendly | The Hawthorns
Tuesday 23rd July 2013

West Bromwich Albion 2-2 Ajax
(Bojan, Sigporsson)

An excellent game for the neutrals - it was end-to-end from beginning to end and we managed to at least get a draw. In all honesty, either team could have won but I'm glad we leave having not been beaten. The game did expose several defensive frailties in my team, however, and it's something I'll look to improve before the game against AZ.

Johan Cruijff Shield | Amsterdam Arena
Saturday 27th July 2013

AZ Alkmaar 0-3 Ajax
(Ligeon, de Jong, Bojan)

We probably kept the best display of our pre-season until the most important game as we completely dominated AZ Alkmaar. From the first whistle to the last, we controlled the game and even had another two goals (wrongly) ruled out. I'm happy with both the display and the result as it gives us a massive boost for the first game of the league season against ADO Den Haag.

Managers Opinion

Overall, it's been a good pre-season for us. We picked up three good friendly wins and were a little unlucky against Chelsea - we had more shots than them and I think for large parts of the game we dictated play. We missed plenty of chances and for that we only have ourselves to blame - however we picked up, went to West Brom and scored twice before then beating AZ. It was a good result in the Super Cup; it gives myself, the team and the fans confidence going into the season - especially having scored three good goals against solid opposition. I signed a new contract in the summer because I believe this club can win many trophies - and we've started going the right way about it.

Last edited:
Really good pre-season there bud, hopefully you can use that to kick on into the new campaign. A cracking win in the JCS, 3-0 v AZ is something to boast about for sure!

All the best with the start of the new season!

Really good pre-season there bud, hopefully you can use that to kick on into the new campaign. A cracking win in the JCS, 3-0 v AZ is something to boast about for sure!

All the best with the start of the new season!

Thanks a lot mate! It was definitely a positive pre-season overall!

View attachment 442398
August 2013
Ajax draw FC Bayern

View attachment 442396

UEFA Champions League Group Draw:

FC Bayern Munich
CSKA Moscow
AFC Ajax
HJK Helsinki

Eredivisie Matchday 1 | Amsterdam Arena
Saturday 3rd August 2013

Ajax 3-0 ADO Den Haag
(Bojan, Enoh, de Jong)

This was an excellent start to our season as we harbour championship hopes. Den Haag have a good quality side and we completely swept them to one side as we dominated the 90 minutes. All three goals were of top quality - especially Bojan's strike from 25 yards. A fantastic all round display.

Eredivisie Matchday 2 | AFAS Stadion
Sunday 11th August 2013

AZ Alkmaar 0-2 Ajax
(de Jong, Sigporsson)

Another fantastic display as we faced AZ for the second time in three games. We weren't as dominant as in the Super Cup but still put in a fantastic performance and claimed another clean sheet. Siem de Jong again massively impressed and has been a key player for my team already.

Eredivisie Matchday 3 | Polman Stadion
Sunday 18th August 2013

Heracles 0-3 Ajax
(Blind, Boilesen, OG)

MOTM: Blind

The team continue to impress both me and my staff members as we scored another three goals whilst keeping a third successive league clean sheet. Our goals weren't as impressive as in previous games but the performance was equally as good - if not better. Siem de Jong limped off injured after just 7 minutes but should be back for the Utrecht game next weekend.

Eredivisie Matchday 4 | Amsterdam Arena
Sunday 25th August 2013

Ajax 1-0 FC Utrecht
(Poulsen)

MOTM: van Rhijn

For the first time this season, we looked as though we'd come up against opposition capable of holding us back. In all honesty, Utrecht probably deserved at least a point because they matched us right across the board and even hit the bar. Luckily, the experienced Poulsen came up with a thunderous strike from 30 yards to seal all three points.

Eredivisie Matchday 5 | McDOS Gofferstadion
Saturday 31st August 2013

NEC 1-1 Ajax
(Veltman)

MOTM: Conboy

This was the first competitive game we haven't won and in all fairness it was the right result. For the second consecutive game, we were matched by the opposition; today they mightn't have had as many shots as us on target but they controlled possession well at times and did look quite dangerous.

Managers Opinion

It's been a good first competitive month for us. We've faced several decent teams and picked up 13 points from a possible 15; the team were simply faultless at the beginning of the month but performances began to tail off towards the end. I think it's important that the squad stays grounded because I'd hate for the players to become complacent which some people are suggesting after the result at NEC. We've been given a workable Champions League group - yes, Bayern are huge favourites to win the group but that's understandable because they're the holders. It's going to be a tight squeeze between ourselves, CSKA and HJK but I'm sure it's going to be interesting!

Eredivisie Table

View attachment 442383

Good start to the league campaign, shame about the draw in there to halt an otherwise perfect start to the season! Tough group in the CL, will be interesting to see you battle it out with CSKA, and how that pans out! All the best!

Well done mate, superb first couple of months. What tactic are you using? :p

Well done mate, superb first couple of months. What tactic are you using? :p

Thanks a lot man! Well, I've been using this random tactic I found somewhere online.:p

Nah I'm joking haha I've actually been tinkering with what we worked on earlier... teams seemed to be getting so many chances down the wings in this patch so I dragged the AMR/AML back to MR/ML and made a few other minor changes and it seemed to be more solid defensively!:)

Thanks a lot man! Well, I've been using this random tactic I found somewhere online.:p

Nah I'm joking haha I've actually been tinkering with what we worked on earlier... teams seemed to be getting so many chances down the wings in this patch so I dragged the AMR/AML back to MR/ML and made a few other minor changes and it seemed to be more solid defensively!:)

Haha.

Cool, glad I could help form the base of your tactic and good you've tweaked a few bits yourself. I'm going to try it later and see how it works for me, sure I'll make some changes too. :D

View attachment 441910
September 2013
Sigporsson finds his feet

View attachment 441909

Eredivisie Matchday 6 | Amsterdam Arena
Friday 13th September 2013

Ajax 2-0 FC Twente
(Bojan, de Jong)

MOTM: Duarte

An excellent performance in the first game back from the international break. Success was built on the solid foundations the back line provided as de Jong and Spaniard Bojan put Twente to the sword. Left midfielder Lerin Duarte was particularly impressive as the opposition defenders couldn't handle him.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 1 | Arena Khimki
Tuesday 17th September 2013

CSKA Moscow 1-1 Ajax
(Bojan)

MOTM: Berezutskiy

A promising start to our European campaign as we got a point at CSKA. Pundits expect either one of ourselves or CSKA to progress from second spot in the group so to get a point in Russia was a good step to qualifying. I don't think anybody could argue that we deserved all three because we had a huge number of shots compared to our hosts but a point is better than nothing.

Eredvisie Matchday 7 | Cambuur Stadion
Saturday 21st September 2013

SC Cambuur 2-4 Ajax
(Sigporsson x4)

A fantastic game for the neutrals although I'm not too happy with the defenders - we conceded two goals despite the opposition only have two sustained periods of possession in our half so in that perspective we had a poor game. However, our lone striker was on fire today and thanks to Sigporsson we take all three points home.

KNVB Round 2 | Sportpark de Heikant
Tuesday 24th September 2013

Achilles'29 0-4 Ajax
(van der Hoorn, Veltman x2, Ligeon)

MOTM: Schone

For this game we decided to name a weakened side as we were heavy favourites. Just one player survived from the weekend game at Cambuur and our youngsters ran riot against our opponents. Winger Viktor Fischer - who has featured several times already from the bench - and Lucas Andersen both put in excellent performances and thoroughly impressed whilst Lasse Schone dictated the tempo of the game from midfield.

Eredivisie Matchday 8 | Amsterdam Arena
Sunday 29th September 2013

Ajax 4-0 FC Zwolle
(de Jong x2, Bojan, Sigporsson)

An absolutely bewildering display as we outclassed our opposition everywhere on the park. From back to front, we were top class and the game was rounded off by an outstanding individual goal from Bojan. Our attacking players seem to have finally grasped their importance in the tactics we employ as they're firing on all cylinders.

Managers Opinion

I can't complain with the effort and performances the team have provided this month. At the beginning of the season, myself and the board said we wanted to win two competitions and hopefully progress as far as we can in the Champions League. So far, just two months into the season, we've already won one cup and have made a positive start to the Champions League - however, now it's down to the players to keep going with a level of consistency and see where we end up. I'm not asking the team to win every single competition we enter - but I am asking them to give it a good go and whatever happens, happens as far as I'm concerned. We've got a team packed with quality and if it's at all possible we'll add to that come January.

Eredivisie Table

View attachment 441898
UEFA Champions League Group A Table

View attachment 441897

Well done mate, fantastic start. U enjoying it? Keep up the good work. :D

Well done mate, fantastic start. U enjoying it? Keep up the good work. :D

Yeah buddy, thank you! I'm actually really into it - I'm trying to update after each month I play so I don't get a backlog of updates to do but I'm finding it hard right now haha... first game of next month is at home to Bayern!

Yeah buddy, thank you! I'm actually really into it - I'm trying to update after each month I play so I don't get a backlog of updates to do but I'm finding it hard right now haha... first game of next month is at home to Bayern!

Thats what I do, update each month, then I save the game, so know if anything corrupts save, I have a recent back up, plus it's nice to take a small break, update post, then get right back into it! (H)

View attachment 441610
October 2013
Bayern Swept Aside

View attachment 441609

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 2 | Amsterdam Arena
Wednesday 2nd October 2013

Ajax 4-3 Bayern Munich
(Bojan x2, Sigporsson x2)

MOTM: Bojan

What an excellent display from the lads as we swept the group favourites to one side thanks to goals from Bojan and Sigporsson. We took the lead 3 times and they kept hitting back at us - until we took the lead for the 4th time and the holders had no response. This result gives us a chance of qualifying from a tough, tough group.

Eredivisie Matchday 9 | De Kuip
Saturday 5th October 2013

Feyenoord 2-2 Ajax
(Sana, Sigporsson)

MOTM: Sana

A good display considering we'd just played the champions of Europe three days earlier. Tiredness isn't an excuse because footballers get paid more than enough to play every few days but the players weren't as energetic today and the heavy legs showed. Still, we managed to slow the game down when we needed and came away with a point from a good side.

Eredivisie Matchday 10 | Amsterdam Arena
Friday 18th October 2013

Ajax 2-1 sc Heerenveen
(de Jong, Bojan)

A good three points as the result doesn't really reflect the game - they scored from a corner in the 87th minute as we'd dictated play throughout. A comfortable win against one of the better teams in the league give us momentum for the midweek game against HJK in Europe.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 3 | Amsterdam Arena
Wednesday 23rd October 2013

Ajax 3-0 HJK Helsinki
(de Jong, Blind x2)

MOTM: Blind

A superb win in a game we were expected to earn all three points. We had total domination from the first whistle to the last as HJK didn't even have an attempt on goal. In the other fixture of the group, Bayern won 3-0 in Moscow so currently ourselves and Bayern are favourites to progress.

Eredivisie Matchday 11 | Mandemakers Stadion
Saturday 26th October 2013

RKC Waalwijk 0-2 Ajax
(Sigporsson x2)

MOTM: Sigporrson

A comfortable three points in the final league game of the month. We rotated a little following the midweek European game and still ran out winners after two goals from our lone striker Sigporsson. Left winger Lerin Duarte was also particularly impressive as he earned himself two assists.

KNVB Round 3 | Amsterdam Arena
Tuesday 29th October 2013

Ajax 3-0 FC Oss
(Duarte x2, de Jong)

We completely changed the line-up for this game as winger Duarte was the only player to survive from the RKC game as he started on the left wing. After securing the win with two early goals, we went on to get an assist as he crossed for de Jong to seal our place in the 4th round.

Managers Opinion

Probably our best month so far this season as we brushed aside the European champions and won every other game except the one away at Feyenoord which is always a tough place to go. We're 2nd favourites to win our Champions League group behind Bayern Munich which is understandable because we currently lead the group - but I'm not writing off CSKA just yet because if they managed to pick up something in Munich then they come to our place with every chance of walking away with a point; if not all three. Despite having amazing form in the league, we remain just two points ahead of FC Groningen who we play next month; hopefully we can open up a bigger gap in the hope of winning a 4th successive Eredivisie title.

Eredivisie Table

View attachment 441604
UEFA Champions League Group A Table

View attachment 441603

Superb start mate in both League and Cups. Would be nice to meet some of the players, formation etc if that's not too much trouble? Keep up the great work buddy. :)

Superb start mate in both League and Cups. Would be nice to meet some of the players, formation etc if that's not too much trouble? Keep up the great work buddy. :)

How about I do an update in January with the squad and formation etc? I could include it in the same update as my signings:)