That'd be great, awesome story, following.

Btw unrelated but your format of posting is suspiciously similar to TicTactition who stopped probably my favorite story, the West Brom one playingas Raul Gonzalo Blanco. :p

Btw unrelated but your format of posting is suspiciously similar to TicTactition who stopped probably my favorite story, the West Brom one playingas Raul Gonzalo Blanco. :p

It's not suspiciously similar, it is similar aha. I've changed one or two small details but for the most part it's the same - I just really liked that layout myself haha:p If he (or anybody else) has a problem with me using it, I don't mind changing haha; I just thought it was better than what I was using before.

P.S thanks for your comment haha I didn't mention there - it's much appreciated to know people are interested!:)

Great start!

Did you alter your normal tactic against Bayern?

With your January update, could you post a SS of how the likes of Densil, Fisher, Andersen, van Rhijn ect. are progressing please and maybe their training routine?

It's not suspiciously similar, it is similar aha. I've changed one or two small details but for the most part it's the same - I just really liked that layout myself haha:p If he (or anybody else) has a problem with me using it, I don't mind changing haha; I just thought it was better than what I was using before.

I don't think he or anyone else will have a problem, he's a humble guy, won't mind for sure!

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Great start!

Did you alter your normal tactic against Bayern?

With your January update, could you post a SS of how the likes of Densil, Fisher, Andersen, van Rhijn ect. are progressing please and maybe their training routine?

Nope, kept it the same - and yes I'll include an overview of how every individual in the team is doing!

View attachment 441435
November 2013
Sigporsson On Fire

View attachment 441434

Eredivisie Matchday 12 | Amsterdam Arena
Saturday 2nd November 2013

Ajax 4-0 FC Groningen
(Sigporsson x4)

MOTM: Sigporsson

Barring the game against Bayern Munich, this was probably our best display of the season as Groningen were the only team that looked able to keep pace with us up to now. An outstanding display from Sigporsson saw him score all 4 goals as we looked assured in possession and closed down the opposition at lightning-quick speeds.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 4 | Olympiastadion
Tuesday 5th November 2013

HJK Helsinki 0-1 Ajax
(Fischer)

MOTM: Boilesen

A comfortable display as we looked to conserve our energy levels for the upcoming few games. A good solo effort from winger Viktor Fischer gave us all three points as we remain top of Group A. The result was built on a good defence as all four members, particularly Nicolai Boilesen, impressed.

Eredivisie Matchday 13 | Amsterdam Arena
Saturday 9th November 2013

Ajax 1-0 NAC Breda
(Moisander)

MOTM: Moisander

This display was a step-down from our last couple of games and it's something myself and all of the coaching team will look to make sure doesn't continue. Although the opposition never really threatened us, we struggled to find a cutting edge and our passing was a little sloppy. Next up, we travel to Vitesse so the level of performance has to be much, much higher.

Eredivisie Matchday 14 | Gelredome
Saturday 23rd November 2013

Vitesse 1-3 Ajax
(Duarte, de Jong x2)

MOTM: de Jong

A much better performance from the team saw us run out 3-1 victors. We worked on our possession and tempo a lot in the 2 week period between two games and it was evident because we looked assured on the ball and comfortable under pressure. This is the type of performance we need to carry into our next game as CSKA visit in the Champions League.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 5 | Amsterdam Arena
Wednesday 27th November 2013

Ajax 3-2 CSKA Moscow
(Bojan, Sigporsson x2)

Not the best display I've seen the team produce but it was enough to secure our place in the next round of the Champions League with one group stage game left to play. Bojan and Sigporsson got the all-important goals for our qualification but if we're to get to the later stages of the competition then the performance needs to be a whole lot better than that.

Eredivisie Matchday 15 | Parkstad Limburg Stadion
Saturday 30th November 2013

Roda JC 0-1 Ajax
(Andersen)

MOTM: Andersen

Between us, myself and the coaching staff decided to field a weakened team because of the game against CSKA just three days before. We also had in mind that we travel to Munich to face Bayern in the game after next so it was important to give some of the players a much needed rest. Andersen, playing in the lone striker role, scored the only goal of the game as we remain 5 points ahead at the top of the Eredivisie.

Managers Opinion

Looking at the month as a whole, it's been very very positive for us. We've won all six games and conceded just three times - scoring thirteen. However, several of the performances have been below the standard I expect. I think it's understandable because we've had a busy fixture list, but I refuse to use tiredness as an excuse and will only work my players harder until they're fit enough to perform for 90 minutes every three days. If any of the lads can't do that or complain to often, then I'm afraid there isn't space for them in my squad. Back when I played, and more intensely now, there are so many good players out there who work so hard and still don't get a chance. If any of my lads don't have the right attitude, then they'll be replaced by someone who does and I think several of the first team members need to reflect on themselves quickly before the January transfer window.

Eredivisie Table

View attachment 441424

UEFA Champions League Group A Table

View attachment 441423

Great Champions League performance mate, plus I reckon league title is already wrapped up!! Keep up the great work, really enjoying how story is set out and it's content. Plus I'm sure TicTactition will be fine with it. :)

Great Champions League performance mate, plus I reckon league title is already wrapped up!! Keep up the great work, really enjoying how story is set out and it's content. Plus I'm sure TicTactition will be fine with it. :)

Still got to travel to Munich to finish the group but I'm so glad we've, at the minimum, matched their points haul. Groningen are looking pretty good - it's got to be a straight two horse race between ourselves and them now though!

View attachment 441417
December 2013
First loss of the Season

View attachment 441416

Eredivisie Matchday 16 | Amsterdam Arena
Saturday 7th December 2013

Ajax 5-1 GA Eagles
(van der Hoorn, Sigporsson x3, Ligeon)

A much better display as we absolutely dominated our opponents - with Sigporsson grabbing another three goals. I mixed up the team a little as some of the younger lads came in and had a chance but the majority of the starting eleven was the same as usual. Hopefully we can carry this form to Munich on Tuesday and cement our place at the top of Group A.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 6 | Allianz-Arena
Tuesday 10th December 2013

Bayern Munich 2-1 Ajax
(Enoh)

MOTM: Martinez

A fantastic display despite the defeat and we still qualify in 2nd place from Group A. We managed to keep pace with the holders all over the pitch and they managed to win the game thanks to two pieces of astonishing football - something you expect from Bayern wherever they play. To come to the European champions and demonstrate such a desire to win and put in that type of performance - I'm a very, very happy man and believe we can go far in this competition. This is also our first loss of the whole season - an incredible achievement to think we've got to December without losing.

Eredvisie Matchday 17 | Philips Stadion
Sunday 15th December

PSV 0-1 Ajax
(Enoh)

MOTM: Enoh

A good display - better than I was expecting having played midweek and then coming to a difficult ground like the Philips Stadion. This wasn't the usual performance of quick football but we controlled the game excellently, didn't give the opposition a sniff and scored the goal when we needed. It's fantastic as head coach to see your team dominate a good team on possession like that!

KNVB Round 4 | Amsterdam Arena
Wednesday 18th December 2013

Ajax 1-0 FC Groningen
(Sigporsson)

MOTM: Duarte

Another positive display from the team - the result doesn't really reflect the performance as we were by far the better team and Groningen didn't even have an attempt on goal. Sigporsson got the goal which sends us into the quarter final where we face Fortuna Sittard.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round

View attachment 441415

Managers Opinion

Another solid month as we won three games out of four. To lose our first game of the season was disappointing - but away to Bayern Munich was never going to be easy as they're arguably the best team in the world. I know I'm not the only one who was impressed with the manner in which we went there and put up a good fight - conceding two excellent goals. Even though we did lose, the game gave the team a lot of confidence as they individually saw they could match the European champions. Hopefully we can continue this form after the winter break and progress as far as possible.

Eredivisie Table

View attachment 441414

UEFA Champions League Group A Table

View attachment 441413

Unlucky against Bayern mate, and a tricky, but winnable tie in next round. League is all wrapped up as I said before!! :p

Unlucky against Bayern mate, and a tricky, but winnable tie in next round. League is all wrapped up as I said before!! :p

After the performance against Bayern, I'm quite happy with the draw... it could have been a lot worse! And the gap between ourselves and Groningen is slowly opening up...:p

Did you go with Counter against Bayern or the normal tactic you use?

I do prefer counter in away games against big guns. Especially in later stages in CL.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'll probably change it later in the competition. I actually went a little more attacking - putting Bojan on the wing and Sigporsson up front. It's just we were three points ahead of them, already qualified and my decisions were to go for it (which I did) or sit back and try hold out. Personally, I hate just putting ten (if not eleven) men behind the ball so just wanted to see how we'd do - we performed excellently and even though we lost; did anybody really expect us to win?

That was my thoughts behind it - when it actually comes to important games I'll probably be a little more conserved!

View attachment 441368
Winter Break
Squad Report and Transfers

View attachment 441367

Goalkeepers

Kenneth Vermeer: Kenneth has been our number 1 since the beginning of the season and has been massively impressive. In the league games played (including January), he's conceded just 9 goals and kept 13 clean sheets. His good reflexes mean that he's saved us several times this season with his ability to make double, and even triple, saves. His attitude has been top class; never complaining and even asking for further training. An excellent all round player for the squad.

Jasper Cillessen: This guy hasn't really done much this year. He's made just two appearances - despite being a relatively good goalkeeper. At the beginning of the season, I had a chat with Jasper and we established early that he'd be back-up. When he's been called upon, he's stepped up as in those two games he didn't concede. There were rumours of him leaving in January, but we made a point of having another chat with him and we convinced him to stay until the summer.

Mickey van der Hart: Mickey has had a tough season so far - he's been moved several times between Jong Ajax and the first-team because of injuries and such. He's played one Eredivisie game for the first team and didn't concede - pulling off two excellent saves to keep the clean sheet. Despite being slightly unsettled, he hasn't complained once and has had an excellent attitude with us - definitely one for the future.

Defenders

Ricardo van Rhijn: This 6ft right-back has been an absolute rock for us. From the beginning of the season, he's been our only right-back and has played every single game for us. After coming to ask for a rest, we explained the situation and he was quite happy to play through pain for a short period of time to help out the team. Ricardo's probably been one of the most consistent performers for us this season - attracting attention from teams all over Europe. Barclays Premier League side Southampton tabled a 9 million pound offer in January which we immediately rejected - at the end of the month he also signed a new four year deal with the club.

Joel Veltman: Joel has been in and out of the team - getting 15 league appearances with 7 of those coming from the bench. He's been the first port of call if somebody picks up a knock or is looking a little shaky; he's been consistently solid. Despite not being a stand-out performer, he's impressed everyone at the club and will definitely have a positive future.

Mike van der Hoorn: Mike has been nothing short of excellent - playing in every game aside from three. He's been asked to play with several different partners in the centre of defence and hasn't flinched once. He received particular praise from Bayern Munich manager Josep Guardiola and has been rumoured to be close to a Holland call-up which wouldn't be undeserved. This guy definitely has a bright future - someone who could play for the club long into the future under my guidance.

Stefano Denswil: There is no doubting Stefano's obvious talent - he's got such a bright future at the club. He maybe hasn't had a role in the first-team that many, including himself, expected at the beginning of the season. He was injured for three months of the season and I really didn't want to rush this guy back into action. He's probably got as much potential as anyone at the club because his distribution for a centre-back is top class and he's bought right into the philosophy we employ here. He's definitely got a massive future, but I want to bring Stefano in gradually to decrease the chances of further injury after his lengthy spell out.

Nicolai Boilesen: After a tough start to the season, Nicolai definitely showed myself and the staff what he was made of. In his first few appearances, he really struggled to keep up with the pace of the game and was exploited massively. Due to this, we took the decision to take him out of the first-team and work him in training a little more. After doing so, we introduced him back into the Eredivisie and he hasn't looked back since. An outstanding all round defender who can play full back or centre half, Boilesen can do whatever he wants as long as he puts his mind to it.

Daley Blind: This guy has been absolutely superb. At the beginning of the season, there were rumours he was destined for the riches of Manchester City but nothing came of it. In January, we rejected a bit of 13.5 million pounds from Arsenal for him which shows the calibre of this guy. He's been massively important - deployed in a mixture of positions; mainly defensive midfielder and left back. At the age of just 23, he plays with the maturity of an experienced Champions League winner - calm and composed on the ball with explosive pace; this guy is destined to make it to the top of the game. It's becoming increasingly hard to fend off interest for this guy, but because of his love for the club; he's been 100% committed throughout. A top class professional.

Midfielders

Ruben Ligeon: If I had to pick a player who's surprised me the most since the beginning of the season, I'd have no doubt in picking Ruben. He was initially regarded as back-up but after breaking into the first-team due to injuries, he's been absolutely top class. He's bolted onto the scene with his lightning-quick acceleration and deadly crosses - I can't really pick one specific point for this lad; he's just been all round excellent. He's been deployed as right back several times as a substitute but mainly regarded as a right midfielder; he's got such potential - it really is down to him how good he can become.

Eyong Enoh: After a slow start to the Eredivisie campaign, this lad has come on leaps and bounds. The 27-year-old had a loan spell at English club Fulham last season and looked close to securing a permanent transfer their. However, he rejoined and really struggled to resettle at first. He looked uninterested in performing and was distraction to the other first-team members - leading to me making the decision to dropping him to Jong Ajax. After a couple of weeks, he came to me with an apology and explained a few personal reasons; we spoke to the first-team who were quite happy to have him back and therefore we promoted him back up. He's put in a few solid performances and looks much more settled than before; however, I'm still hoping for a little improvement otherwise he could be sold in the summer.

Tobias Sana: After a positive pre-season, I had high hopes for Tobias. Unfortunately, he hasn't really performed with any sort of quality and has been massively unimpressive. We've had several talks with Tobias and he seems quite happy to remain at the club and do his best to improve, so we've looked at loaning him out but nobody really took any interest. Despite his poor performances, I'm quite happy for the lad to stay here and do his best to improve because he obviously has potential. Hopefully he can step up sometime soon because it's obvious his attitude is top class.

Thulani Serero: After initially being overlooked and benched, Thulani has really burst onto the scene. Over the past few years he's been impressive but at the beginning of the season, we didn't find a spot for him in the starting eleven. After initially having trouble to settle on a starting midfield, we picked this guy and he's been hugely impressive. He's formed a solid partnership with Siem de Jong in the centre of the park and hasn't looked back - the highlight of his season so far would be the impressive goal he scored in the 2-1 loss against Bayern. At just 23-years-old, I'm looking forward to seeing what type of career this guy can have.

Siem de Jong: It's a real struggle to sum Siem up. He's been one of - if not the - best Ajax player this season. My idea is that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts; the team is better, and more important, than any individual player. However, without Siem the team would really have struggled a lot more this season. His performances have been excellent - the team tick over with such ease under his presence. As the midfielder that goes beyond the striker, he's also grabbed a few important goals and won matches individually. It's hard to believe this guy is just 24-years-old but he's a worthy club captain. We rejected a 17 million pounds bid in the summer from Atletico Madrid and he was quite happy to sign a new deal at the club.

Lerin Duarte: Lerin has probably been the most consistent performer for the team. He's a massively-important outlet on the left hand side of midfield and scored several important goals. Signed in the summer for a fee of 2.2 million pounds, he's outdone expectations already. It's also been rumoured he'll be a late candidate for selection in the Holland World Cup Finals squad; that's how good he is! He's got a bright future at the club and won't be sold under my leadership. An excellent team player.

Viktor Fischer: Without being particularly disappointing, Viktor hasn't hit the levels we'd hoped. He's still had a good half-season, but probably not at the level many had expected. In the 7 Eredivisie starts earned this season, he's scored once and set up four goals which probably sounds very impressive for such a youngster. However, his performances often leave something to be desired - in all fairness to the young lad, he's putting in 110% to improve so I can't really criticise. I'm hoping, however, he can really kick on in the second half of the season and make a place in the starting eleven his own because his potential, and even ability, is so obviously there.

Attackers

Lucas Andersen: Lucas has had a tough time adapting so far - we've asked him to play somewhere which doesn't come natural to him. Naturally a midfielder, we've asked him to play as lone striker dropping deeper - it's something I still believe he can adapt to do, but it's only going to take time. To his credit, he's kept at it and has been really willing to learn and listen to the staff members. We've given him run outs in all of the cup games and he's earned several substitute appearances in the Eredivisie; scoring once. He hasn't got the most impressive return for a striker, but he's working on it and I'm confident that he'll come good.

Bojan: The on-loan Barcelona attacker has been nothing short of superb this season. He's often been asked to play on the right hand side of midfield, which he's perfectly capable of, and has come up trumps. He's scored 10 goals in his 22 appearances and his stock has risen massively since joining the club. It's a shame the Spaniard doesn't have a permanent contract at the club, but we'll definitely look into the possibility of acquiring him again in the summer. One things for sure, however, a lot of clubs will be interested and we have to remain realistic about our hopes.

Kolbeinn Sigporsson: The Icelandic striker has been the main goalscorer in our team - currently leading the Eredivisie goalscoring charts with an impressive 18 goals in 14 games. For the majority of the season he's played as the lone striker and has been superb at it - holding the ball up for the on-rushing midfielders and also getting himself into the box to score goals. He's got fantastic ability, too, as I've seen him pick the ball up and take defenders on before slotting home numerous times this season. At just 23-years-old, Kolbeinn is in high demand as we rejected two 12.5 million pound bids in the summer from Tottenham and Monaco.

Transfers In

PlayerClubFee (GBP)
Andile JaliOrlando Pirates400,000
Luis Pedro CavandaLazio3,300,000
Alexander MilosevicAIK550,000
Ogenyi OnaziLazio2,000,000
Mats DaehliMolde2,000,000
Niklas HultElfsborg400,000
Total

Andile Jali: An excellent all round midfielder - I was originally alerted to him from a colleague working for Ajax Cape Town. I sent scouts out to watch him and all of them were thoroughly impressed. He's small, agile and has got a wicked shot. I have no doubt he'll immediately be able to adjust to the demands of the Eredivisie. For a mere fee of 400,000 pounds, he's an excellent addition - well worth the money.

Luis Pedro Cavanda: Luis was sat in the reserves at Lazio - he'd had a fallen out with the first-team manager and was left to rot. His agent contacted the club with an offer, and we went to watch him play because I needed a back-up right back. In contract negotiations, I made him fully aware he'd be back-up to van Rhijn and he was quite happy to fight for a place. Despite having bad history with Lazio, his attitude already seems okay so I'm hoping I'm not wrong. The first signs of him slacking and I'll be on his case.

Alexander Milosevic: With Moisander leaving the club, we immediately looked for a replacement centre back. We were alerted to Milosevic by our scouts and we took a long time detailing this guys weaknesses and strengths before making an offer. He's got a bright future ahead of him so hopefully he can become something special here at Ajax. He'll get ample opportunities to prove himself and has already shown a fantastic attitude in training.

Ogenyi Onazi: We had been scouting this young midfielder for several months before our trip to Lazio to watch Cavanda. On arrival, we enquired with the Lazio board how much Onazi would cost and were surprised to find a price tag of just 2 million pounds. Immediately, we were on the phone to our board to sort out a deal. He's got a massive future and can even fit into the first-team straight away; another great deal secured.

Mats Daehli: One of my scouts reported this guy directly to me - Manchester United had sold him in the summer to Norwegian side Molde. When we entered talks with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, he was eager to give this lad a good future and was great with his communication with us. 2 million pounds could turn out to be a small fee for this kid - he was immediately loaned out to feeder club Almere City in the Jupiler League where I'm sure he'll gain some first-team football.

Niklas Hult: Niklas will provide good cover to the first-team and will hopefully be a good squad player. He's been brought in for a small fee and will probably play for Jong Ajax before making the step up to the first-team in the summer. He's got good potential and has all the right tendencies to his play to become a good first-team footballer.

Transfers Out

PlayerClubFee (GBP)
Lasse SchoneNorwich City5,500,000
Niklas MoisanderLazio7,000,000
Ricardo KishnaBragaLoan
Mats DaehliAlmere CityLoan
Christian PoulsenAGFFree
Total

Lasse Schone: Norwich City came in with an offer of 5,500,000 pounds after an uninspiring half to the season for Lasse. He was often in the team but frequently disappointed - the youngsters around him showed more desire and drive to put in performances of the standard I demand. I would've been happy for Lasse to stay and fight for a place - but when the offer was made we decided it right to give Lasse the chance to speak to Norwich and within two days he'd gone.

Niklas Moisander: Niklas had a very, very good start to the season. He formed a formidable partnership with van der Hoorn in the centre of defence and really impressed me. However, his attitude massively let him down and the final straw was the Bayern Munich game. I left Niklas out of the starting eleven because he hadn't showed commitment in training the few days before - upon hearing he was on the bench, Niklas moaned on. I had an individual chat with him explaining I wasn't happy with his attitude and he didn't seem committed to myself or the football club. At the age of 28, 7,000,000 pounds was a decent fee to receive for him.

Ricardo Kishna: Ricardo has a huge future at the club - I really do believe he can become one of the best footballers Ajax has ever produced. However, I don't think he's ready to play for the first-team yet and a loan to Portuguese side Braga can only do him good as he also learns how to handle himself in a foreign environment. Hopefully he can return with a little more experienced and push on into the first-team next season.

Mats Daehli: Upon signing for us, I was eager to loan Mats immediately out. He has a massive future ahead of him but I wanted to give him some consistent playing time and that wasn't realistic at Ajax. Feeder club Almere City quickly offered a deal and I couldn't think of anywhere better for Mats to progress as an individual.

Christian Poulsen: Letting go of Christian was tough - he's a seasoned professional who's played for top clubs across Europe - including Liverpool and Juventus. However, he wasn't playing 90 minutes on a consistent basis and I understand why he wasn't happy with that. He's still got a lot of ability and he deserves first-team football; something I couldn't guarantee him here at the Amsterdam Arena. His contract was up in the summer and he personally came to ask if he'd let me go early on a free to AGF - I accepted his request because I've got a lot of respect for Christian.

Nice round up and you're playing really well in Europe and League.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk