Excellent update man! Now we are a little bit more into De Boer's mind haha, this is a quality story so far, i hope Frank De Boer stays a little bit more and develop a solid national first team for Ajax before he goes after the glory with a bigger team! Keep it up!

I love how much effort you put into every update Ze! Cracking stuff, really and I'm very much looking forwards to the next update! Great season, all the best with the coming one!

Thanks a lot mate, it means a lot! Great to see you back commenting:p

Excellent update man! Now we are a little bit more into De Boer's mind haha, this is a quality story so far, i hope Frank De Boer stays a little bit more and develop a solid national first team for Ajax before he goes after the glory with a bigger team! Keep it up!

Thanks for your comment mate, you maybe in for a surprise or two;)

View attachment 440108
Summer Break
Marco van Basten replaces de Boer

View attachment 440107

In extraordinary circumstances, Ajax have re-appointed Marco van Basten following the resignation of Frank de Boer. Both decisions were formally announced during a press conference held at the Amsterdam Arena following several days of discussions between de Boer and the Ajax board of directors. Following a successful season in which Ajax reached the semi finals of the UEFA Champions League and won every domestic competition; Frank de Boer decided to leave the club and look further afield for a challenge.

At the official press conference, de Boer said: "It's been a fantastic four years for myself and the club. I'm sure a lot of fans are going to be sad to see the partnership between myself and Ajax come to an end but our close relationship will continue into the future. After we had such a successful season last year, I decided it was better to move on and find another challenge elsewhere. I've been involved in initial discussions with Liverpool and Eintracht Frankfurt about taking over the reigns at Anfield or the Commerzbank-Arena but nothing is set in stone yet as I'm currently just weighing up my options. First and foremost though, I want to thank everybody involved with Ajax Football Club. From the board members to the training ground staff to the players and then the fans, it's been an amazing four years and something I'll treasure through my managerial career. I want to wish the best possible future for the club under the leadership of Marco - I'm certain he can continue on the great foundations we've put in place."

Following the sacking of Michael Laudrup as Liverpool manager, Frank de Boer has quickly risen to be favourite to take the Anfield job. After an approach in May of 2012, de Boer rejected the club in order to continue on the work he was doing at the Amsterdam Arena. However, after now becoming an unemployed manager, speculation is rife that de Boer will be the next man in charge at Liverpool. Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt are also rumoured to be interested in the Dutchman after they had a disappointing season under Armin Veh.

Been looking through this story and it really is great! In good depth and brilliant detail included. I am wondering whether you can help me though as I am trying to post my first story but an error message keeps popping up saying that the post includes too many links and the language has to be checked? Do you know what the problems is? Thanks.

Been looking through this story and it really is great! In good depth and brilliant detail included. I am wondering whether you can help me though as I am trying to post my first story but an error message keeps popping up saying that the post includes too many links and the language has to be checked? Do you know what the problems is? Thanks.
That's because you joined recently and probably don't have enough posts to post too many links in your post, this is to prevent Spambots from spamming forums.

But I wasn't posting any links in my post? It was all text...

I'm not sure at all to be honest mate - did you have any pictures attached; maybe that would explain having too many links? Or as already mentioned it could be because you're a new member... really have no idea, sorry buddy!

Great updates mate. I hope Frankfurt gets chosen..... Did u get my PM message? Cheers

View attachment 439475
Summer Break
Gladbach appoint Frank de Boer

View attachment 439474

German Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach have appointed former Ajax manager Frank de Boer as their head coach after extensive negotiations. The 44-year-old resigned from Ajax earlier in the summer after leading the Dutch club to the Eredivisie championship as well as the semi finals of the UEFA Champions League.

In the weeks following his resignation, de Boer has had initial negotiations with several clubs including Liverpool, Aston Villa, Eintracht Frankfurt and Hamburger SV. However, following talks with Gladbach President Rolf Konigs, de Boer signed a 2 year deal at Borussia-Park. The German club finished in a respectable 10th position last season - however, manager Lucien Favre left to join Wolfsburg after they secured a UEFA Europa League spot and 6th place finish. Frank de Boer, whom has a wealth of experience as a player, takes only his second job in management after four successful years at Ajax - winning four consecutive Eredivisie titles and reaching the semi finals of the UEFA Champions League before being beaten by eventual winners FC Barcelona.

After last seasons successes, de Boer resigned and said he wanted to challenge himself in another league after leading Ajax to domestic domination. The 44-year-old, who was unveiled earlier today, said: "Moving to Gladbach is huge for me. It's a massive club steeped in history; there's certainly a lot of pressure from the fans to succeed here. Finishing 10th last season provides us with a good basis to move forward in the new season and challenge higher up the league. Having taken a look around the facilities and at the first team squad, I'm very, very impressed and can't wait to become immersed in the whole experience. We have a very talented and youthful squad - I want to assure the fans that myself, the board and the staff will do everything possible to further strengthen and move forward in the future. After speaking to the staff here, I'm confident that they're all perfectly suitable in their roles and, aside from bringing in my own assistant, won't be replaced."

Fellow Dutchman John Bosman is the only staff member to follow de Boer from Ajax to Gladbach as his assistant. 49-year-old Bosman was assistant manager to Jong Ajax and often served as a close associate to de Boer within the Amsterdam Arena set up. He signs on a 2 year deal.

2013-2014 Bundesliga Table

View attachment 439460