The Liverpool FC Team FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Tezzz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 180K
Is it just me or does Balotelli go completely off in everybody's save? He's going on 14 goals in 7 games so far as a Target Man/ Complete Forward. Average rating of 9.14 last 5 games, and got 3 against River and 4 against Leon in my Club World Championship DB.

EDIT: And he just scored a hat trick against Tottenham. This is unfair.

Last edited:
How can I get the best out of Sterling?
Position/role/instructions?

I might move him around positions, so if anyone could give me advice on what to use him as for a AML, AMC & AMR that would be great!

thanks!!

I might move him around positions, so if anyone could give me advice on what to use him as for a AML, AMC & AMR that would be great!

thanks!!

i play sterling as a DLF(A) in a front three, He has a few injuries but been great there when payed, also used him as an IF on the left in a previous save and he scores for fun

thanks!!

AMR/L as an IF, Markovic on the other wing. Both score goals for fun, with Origi as an AF up top, who scores even more goals.

thanks!!

Right wing, inside forward, attack. Set him to more risky passes and close down more. So far his stats for me are:

14/15 - 50 games, 28 goals, 16 assists.
15/16 - 44 games, 23 goals, 22 assists.
16/17 - 23 games, 9 goals, 10 assists. (Up to late Jan currently)

This is using LFC Marshall's update so he's likely a little better than he is on the regular patch

Does anyone try out Origi in the second season? And Emre Can? I always have a tendency to bring in my own wonderkid if the current one is not English so I was wondering whether I should sell Origi and bring in another wonderkid striker. Emre Can played 15 games as a starter and 9 as a sub in the first season, but he doesn't leave an impression whatsoever.

Does anyone try out Origi in the second season? And Emre Can? I always have a tendency to bring in my own wonderkid if the current one is not English so I was wondering whether I should sell Origi and bring in another wonderkid striker. Emre Can played 15 games as a starter and 9 as a sub in the first season, but he doesn't leave an impression whatsoever.

Origi so far for me:

View attachment 307753 View attachment 307752

He finished that season with 45 goals in the league; if you can keep him I fully recommend it.

Can is decent, but you can probably find better if you keep an eye out.

View attachment 307559

First season done and it was ok not brilliant just ok. Chelsea won with 94 points and Barcelona beat Roma in Champions league final.

Players in:
Eder Balanta $6.75m
Memphis Depay $16.75m
Danilo $13m

Players out(notable):
Fabio Borino – Inter $7m
Jon Flanagan - West Brom $4m
Glen Johnson – Tottenham $8.5m

Balanta didn’t break into the first team, but may next season depending on who I buy. Depay was great on the left and Danilo was solid.

I usually played a 4-2-3-1 Attacking formation

Mignolet

Danilo Skrtel Lovern Moreno

Gerrard Henderson

Sterling Coutinho Depay

Sturridge

Larkovic, Lallana, Balotelli and Allen all did ok when they came but this was the most played team.

Sturridge did fantastic this season, 27 goals in the league and another 10 in cup competitons. Sterling was brilliant al season, regardless where I played him. Gerrard was solid as always and I extend his contract to 2016.

Finished fourth by some distance, however scored 101 goals(only Chelsea scoring more 102) but conceded 64 the most of any in the top ten.

In the Champions League I drew PSG and Barcalona, however topped the league unbeaten. I drew away in the Nou Camp and to Sparta Prague. Notable beat PSG home and away and beat Barca 3-0 at Anfield. Got knocked out by Ajax in the next stage 5-4.

Both Cups I went out in the first round by Derby and Birmingham. Was terrible both games.

Best results:
7-1 Man U
5-2 Arsenal
5-3 Man City
6-0 QPR (they had been on an 9 unbeaten run)
3-0 Barca

Worse:
3-8 Tottenham
3-5 Man U
2-3 Everton (2-0 with 10 min to go….)

Season 2 coming up, about $25 to play with but a few players will go so hopefull have enough for a goalkeeper and maybe a decent CB. Although I think my attacking formation is to blame for the number of goals I let in not so much the players.

Last edited:
Origi can become good but it depends on your save and if you give him enough game time to develop. If you can't spare Origi the game time, I'd suggest you buy Munir as your Striker of the future. In most people's saves he becomes a top class striker. I don't know what makes him good, his only outstanding stat appears to be agility and determination but it works for him. (Just untrain his takes long shots PPM)

Unlike real life, where he plays like rubbish, Balotelli is a great striker in FM. He can be your #1 or #2 striker easily. And Sturridge plays extremely well when he's not injured.

Is it just me or does Balotelli go completely off in everybody's save? He's going on 14 goals in 7 games so far as a Target Man/ Complete Forward. Average rating of 9.14 last 5 games, and got 3 against River and 4 against Leon in my Club World Championship DB.

EDIT: And he just scored a hat trick against Tottenham. This is unfair.

My Keeper players for Liverpool are:
Raheem Sterling - has become world class in two different saves for me
Jordan Henderson - can become your workhorse at CM whether it is a traditional role or AP role.
Mario Balotelli - Surprisingly good in FM. His powerful striking allows him to score simply inspirational goals. And you can count on him to stay healthy longer than Sturridge.

IMO - Must upgrade positions
GK - Mignolet is as rubbish in the game as real life.
CM - Get a high upside guy to partner next to Henderson. Allen is mediocre and should be your 3rd string player at best.
DC - Acquire an athletic, young defender with upside. Although your basic DCs are solid, they are not the quickest players.

Transfer Recommendations

GK- Rulli. Not a lot of people mention him but you can negotiate to buy him for around 25m in some saves. Usually cheaper than Ter Stegen but absolutely a classy 1st team capable keeper. He also has the better stats for shootouts because he excels in 1 on 1 situations.

DC - Balanta. So good it's not even funny. No brainer buy. Extremely athletic, dependable, and a rock to build your defense on. What's better he usually costs less than 7m pounds at start of the game.

MC - Lucas Romero. All-rounder who will make a very dependable partner for Henderson. Also can play the DM position. Also buyable for under 7m at the start of the game.

ST - Munir. He's simply a steal for 10.25m pounds. He will be better than Borini and he will be ready to play sooner than some of the other wonderkid strikers.

Winger - Sisto. 2.5m for this wonderkid is a bargain. Offers the versatility to cover both AML/AMR, or even the hard to fill ML/MR positions.

When you start the game, sell of your deadweight, and you should be able to afford the above mentioned players pretty easily. As for the rest, hire the best scout possible, trust your scouting, and add some youth and upside. You should be able to easily make top 4 in your first season without a lot of changes. And if your tactics are sound and you made wise purchases, you should contend for the PL championship and champions cup glory by season 2.

Last edited:
Transfer Recommendations

DC - Balanta. So good it's not even funny. No brainer buy. Extremely athletic, dependable, and a rock to build your defense on. What's better he usually costs less than 7m pounds at start of the game.
Balanta has never been good for me. In FM14, he makes some costly mistake, though he's one of my first choice, I am always anxious that he messes up unlike Doria who has been really solid. Now in FM15, he's decent but don't really performs consistently, also makes some costly mistake. Strangely, while I noticed some people get rid of Skrtel quickly, he is the one that always perform for me.

Can has played well in my save. He was a 2 star player in Jul 2014 and he's a 3.5 star player in Apr 2015. He has improved a lot and played CB/CM for me.

Balanta has never been good for me. In FM14, he makes some costly mistake, though he's one of my first choice, I am always anxious that he messes up unlike Doria who has been really solid. Now in FM15, he's decent but don't really performs consistently, also makes some costly mistake. Strangely, while I noticed some people get rid of Skrtel quickly, he is the one that always perform for me.

Balanta and Skrtel for me was a solid partnership at the start, but didn't particularly suit the way I played football. Umtiti was a pretty handy signing though to replace Skrtel, and in the absence of good regen centre backs, those two have been very good.

Sakho was also worth using as well, apart from the fact I've seen more maneuverable buses. Lovren was incredibly disappointing though, I never managed to get him to play well, and he always seemed to make big errors at big times.

Balanta and Skrtel for me was a solid partnership at the start, but didn't particularly suit the way I played football. Umtiti was a pretty handy signing though to replace Skrtel, and in the absence of good regen centre backs, those two have been very good.

Sakho was also worth using as well, apart from the fact I've seen more maneuverable buses. Lovren was incredibly disappointing though, I never managed to get him to play well, and he always seemed to make big errors at big times.
I swear everytime I posted something that went well in FM15 on this website, it sort of became a jinx. Skrtel made 2 huge errors when I played FM15 after I made that post. Yeah I agree about Lovren. I started two saves and in both saves he made errors when I started him. Ended up left him rotting in the bench and rather have some hot prospects debuted because the thought of playing him has the same nervousness when I watch Mignolet everytime he touches a ball (or try to) in real life.

I swear everytime I posted something that went well in FM15 on this website, it sort of became a jinx. Skrtel made 2 huge errors when I played FM15 after I made that post. Yeah I agree about Lovren. I started two saves and in both saves he made errors when I started him. Ended up left him rotting in the bench and rather have some hot prospects debuted because the thought of playing him has the same nervousness when I watch Mignolet everytime he touches a ball (or try to) in real life.

Yeah, I ditched Mignolet basically straight away, I didn't trust him at all. I brought in Butland to replace him, he's turned out as England's No. 1, and a very good keeper.

I ended up selling Lovren to Arsenal, when on his debut, he made 2 errors, against Liverpool. I call that vindication.

Half way through my 1st season, in the January transfer window. I haven't brought any new players in this save yet, I'm trying to make use of what we already have and use homegrown players.

I plan to sell at some point Lucas and Allen and replace with Ward-Prowse and Hughes. I've seen a few people sell Lucas for really cheap (Under 5M!) which isn't the kind of money I'm looking for - Has anyone sold him for a larger amount (10 or 15M+) and if so what date?

Next season (2015-2016) I have Ibe and Wilson coming back so will try use these two in the first team. Wilson has been on fire whilst on loan! My next question how was Jordan Ibe turned out for everyone?

Half way through my 1st season, in the January transfer window. I haven't brought any new players in this save yet, I'm trying to make use of what we already have and use homegrown players.

I plan to sell at some point Lucas and Allen and replace with Ward-Prowse and Hughes. I've seen a few people sell Lucas for really cheap (Under 5M!) which isn't the kind of money I'm looking for - Has anyone sold him for a larger amount (10 or 15M+) and if so what date?

Next season (2015-2016) I have Ibe and Wilson coming back so will try use these two in the first team. Wilson has been on fire whilst on loan! My next question how was Jordan Ibe turned out for everyone?

I sold Lucas for £18m to Sampdoria at the end of the first season. It is definitely possible.

Back