The Liverpool FC Team FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Tezzz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 180K
It was 30 million then the rest in instalments came to 46 mil in total.Plus Joe Allen! I do play him a fair bit. Just gutted I could of had Pogba

hi everyone is anyone else losing about 6-7 million a month im up to february and im not -2 million in the red but i havent bought a single player?

I think I was about £40m in the red at the end of season 1, without breaking the bank on transfers. That loss per month seems about right to me. Remember that the bulk of the money - sponsorship (£70m or so), TV revenue and prize money will come at the end of the season. Being in the red won't matter so much so long as you get results and over time the finances should improve.

I think I was about £40m in the red at the end of season 1, without breaking the bank on transfers. That loss per month seems about right to me. Remember that the bulk of the money - sponsorship (£70m or so), TV revenue and prize money will come at the end of the season. Being in the red won't matter so much so long as you get results and over time the finances should improve.
i the only think im worrying about is whether ill get any money to spend next season because the team needs at least 40m to win the league in my opinion

i the only think im worrying about is whether ill get any money to spend next season because the team needs at least 40m to win the league in my opinion

Depends on how well you do :)

After winning the league (no other team put together a winning run in time) and european cup (I fluked into the final then won on penalties against Chelsea after a 4-4 draw) in season 1 I had a budget of about £45m. That said, I also sold a LOT of players bringing in over £100m - some of the dross currently out on loan will easily fetch £7m+ each and I had no need for Ballotelli or Lovren and then later got rid of Mignolet for £17.75m.

I think, realistically, Liverpool have to stay as a selling club for a few years and will take some good financial management during that time. Focusing on bringing through youth is a good idea and you should be able to make players profitable quite quickly.

After winning the league (no other team put together a winning run in time) and european cup (I fluked into the final then won on penalties against Chelsea after a 4-4 draw) in season 1 I had a budget of about £45m. That said, I also sold a LOT of players bringing in over £100m - some of the dross currently out on loan will easily fetch £7m+ each and I had no need for Ballotelli or Lovren and then later got rid of Mignolet for £17.75m.

I think, realistically, Liverpool have to stay as a selling club for a few years and will take some good financial management during that time. Focusing on bringing through youth is a good idea and you should be able to make players profitable quite quickly.

Agreed, I've spent a reasonable amount in 4 years on players like Reus, Depay etc, but I've offset that by selling Balotelli for 40m, or Coutinho for 35m. Thankfully Bayern have more money than sense.

My finances are usually still a bit in the red by the end of the season, but I can live with that. 2 league titles, and potentially a 3rd this season have helped, and progression in the CL has been useful.

u sold couthino? u must be crazy

He's worth £37m on my game, would never sell him for £35m!

I should point out at this point that he forced a move through unhappiness, he was being kept out the team by Reus, Sterling and Markovic. It was either sell him, or risk losing him on a free.

I ended up selling Sturridge at a cheaper price than I would have liked as well, but Origi and Munir were much better performers, so I wasn't too upset by it.

Last edited:
Worth 39.5m in my game, sold Sturridge for 35m too man city

Only worth 21.5m on mine, although a torn hamstring a season ago rather curtailed his progress for me, especially as it coincided with Markovic's dramatic upturn in form.

Finished my first season, won the CL and finished 2nd in the league. Guess how much money I got to spend in the summer? £2m and 30% of sales go to transfer revenue - BULLSHIT. Thankfully towards the end of the window I got 100% of the profit...selling Aspas for £18m !?!?!? helped, binned off a number of high earners and replaced them with kids.

That's my last window buying proven stars - every window going forward I'm not going to allow myself to buy anyone over the age of 17. Should be a bit more challenging.

What was ur formation etc for ur success (detailed)

Selling Lallana for £32.25m to Arsenal, not bad! Played well when he played, but got injured too much for my liking. Also getting £30m for Lucas. Played great in the half back role, but want someone younger, and will take £30m while I can!

Just retained the league title in the second season and followed it up with a Champions League semi-final victory over Barca (4-1 win at home, 1-2 loss away) and a 4-0 win over Everton.

Getting in the transfer business early for next season with a bunch of top rated 15-16 year olds joining the youths. I have Facundo Ferreyra confirmed from Metalist and James Ward-Prowse confirmed from Southampton. I'm also tempted by Delli Ali, depending on the final scout reports plus I'll also need another central defender, I think.

Hoping to get rid of Borini if I can get enough for him and I'll need to shift at least one of Lucas, Jordy Clasie and Gil Romero in midfield. Also likely to sell one of Sakho and Balanta. Lambert will stay with the team, but his spot will be taken by Jurgen Locadia who I signed last year but was loaned back to PSV (and scored 17 goals in 24 league games this year).

I have a LOT of new contracts to offer - quite a few players have asked for one over the season and I've delayed them - so may be some other movements as well.

I like to get business done early and quickly.

Just retained the league title in the second season and followed it up with a Champions League semi-final victory over Barca (4-1 win at home, 1-2 loss away) and a 4-0 win over Everton.

Getting in the transfer business early for next season with a bunch of top rated 15-16 year olds joining the youths. I have Facundo Ferreyra confirmed from Metalist and James Ward-Prowse confirmed from Southampton. I'm also tempted by Delli Ali, depending on the final scout reports plus I'll also need another central defender, I think.

Hoping to get rid of Borini if I can get enough for him and I'll need to shift at least one of Lucas, Jordy Clasie and Gil Romero in midfield. Also likely to sell one of Sakho and Balanta. Lambert will stay with the team, but his spot will be taken by Jurgen Locadia who I signed last year but was loaned back to PSV (and scored 17 goals in 24 league games this year).

I have a LOT of new contracts to offer - quite a few players have asked for one over the season and I've delayed them - so may be some other movements as well.

I like to get business done early and quickly.

are the board financially supportive of you at liverpool? Want to start a big team save, but was thinking either utd or arsenal, just wondered what its like at liverpool,

are the board financially supportive of you at liverpool? Want to start a big team save, but was thinking either utd or arsenal, just wondered what its like at liverpool,

The board are as helpful as possible, but frankly, I think Liverpool is a pauper compared to Utd or Arsenal - the commercial and match-day income just isn't there. That said, I've had two improvements to training and youth facilities already, plus new affiliates; anything about improving the club is always approved.

The ability to find some good value transfer gems is vital and selling some of those for a profit is the only way I'm finding to keep building the squad for now.

The board are as helpful as possible, but frankly, I think Liverpool is a pauper compared to Utd or Arsenal - the commercial and match-day income just isn't there. That said, I've had two improvements to training and youth facilities already, plus new affiliates; anything about improving the club is always approved.

The ability to find some good value transfer gems is vital and selling some of those for a profit is the only way I'm finding to keep building the squad for now.

Utd or arsenal it is then, think i may go utd, can concentrate on winning all domestic trophies for the first season with out having to worry bout cl fixtures

Currently in my second season, won the league first season and currently sitting 8 points clear at the top 21 games in. Using a striker-less formation this season and pretty good with it

Back