The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
On our website the transfer section and its been going on for some time now i think we will sign him soon dont you think? :)

Our transfer section on the website simply quotes what the papers are saying. They said we were going to sign Aguero et all so dont pay too much attention to it. I would actually like to se us sign Dann but think Birmingham are playing hardball over the price

That guy is from redcafe..

Edit: Calum deleted his post..

Last edited:
Our transfer section on the website simply quotes what the papers are saying. They said we were going to sign Aguero et all so dont pay too much attention to it. I would actually like to se us sign Dann but think Birmingham are playing hardball over the price

People are still failing to see the club disclaimer under the transfer gossip section on the LFC site aren't they mate ? If we'd signed a player everytime one of these reports said we were going to sign him we'd have about 20 new players training at Melwood.

Ho hum.

Liverpool really should have a good season, they have to imo with the amount of ££££ they have spent

Happy if we sign Enrique to be honest, so close to the season that I'd take anyone, now move on to bringing in a CB pls :D

Liverpool really should have a good season, they have to imo with the amount of ££££ they have spent

Thank you for that insightful peice of information Calum.

No choice but to spend big as we've been relatively under funded in the past few years in comparison with some others in the division. Torres was a one off under the cowboys; it's been a £7m player here, a £9m player there as a rule while others have spent £25m & £30m on individual players. FSG are enabling us to do a bit of catching up now, which we clearly had to do.

SSN reporting Jose Enrique has joined on a long-term contract.

Yep, its on the official FB page aswell. 5 years with £60k a week from reports anyway.

Anybody else noticed this?
Fans Player of the season 2011:
Blackpool: Charlie Adam
Villa: Stewart Downing
Sunderland: Jordan Henderson
Newcastle: Jose Enrique#

Really looking forward to the Sunderland match now. YNWA :)

Yep, its on the official FB page aswell. 5 years with £60k a week from reports anyway.

Anybody else noticed this?
Fans Player of the season 2011:
Blackpool: Charlie Adam
Villa: Stewart Downing
Sunderland: Jordan Henderson
Newcastle: Jose Enrique#

Really looking forward to the Sunderland match now. YNWA :)

And:

Copa America player of the tournament: Luis Suarez

I am actually slobbering now when I look at our signings recently. Cannot wait for FM2012. LFCMarshall is doing really well with his transfer updates and I'm about half a season through but it was released before Enrique joined, ffs.

Alberto Aquilani has been handed the no. 15 jersey for the coming season as noted on the official website. Strongest suggestion yet that he wont be leaving this summer?

NEW POST! Premier League Preview Top 6 + Bottom 3 Predictions! http://t.co/qTZXnV8

S
orry for the plug, but it's about the club. Would like to know if people agree or not?

NEW POST! Premier League Preview Top 6 + Bottom 3 Predictions! http://t.co/qTZXnV8

S
orry for the plug, but it's about the club. Would like to know if people agree or not?

Nicely written mate. Well i agree with some points and disagree with others. I actually think we will grab 4th from Arsenal this year. However I agree if were going to have a good season we cant risk burning Suarez out. He will be an important source of goals for us. Also I think that Lucas could be our stand out performer this season. Glad to see that this was written without Bias :)

S
I don't see Arsenal keeping a top 4 place, cesc out, nasri pretty much on his way too and RVP is expected to be the next one to go. They've brought in kids but atm they need real players which they're starting to lose.

Chelsea and Liverpool will fight it out for 3rd and 4th IMO, Chelsea aren't getting any younger and have 4-5 key players 30+. Liverpool have strengthend where they needed too and if the team gel's well and plays to the form they showed later last season they could be in with a decent shout for 3rd.

City will be fighting it out with United IF they keep Tevez, if Tevez goes Aguero will be under huge pressure to take over his role. Dzeko has shown bits of form but never enough to prove he can push City forward and Balotelli has so many issues off the pitch it's hard to see him doing that great on it.

United are a shoe in for 1st, team that plays well together, never gives up and can carry their form through the season, De Gea could be the big if for them this season.

Sad to say I see United winning it again this season.
For a Liverpool fan, winning the season is a little much this season, top four would be great.

S

Very professional - do you do presentations for a living ?

As things stand I can see us finishing 4th with maybe a domestic cup under our belts. With a new classy CB I can see us finishing higher than that as the only thing that concerns me about the team is the heart of the defence; Agger will get injured - we could really do with someone just as good but less fragile in. Otherwise we'll leak goals like we did last season & end up having to outscore the opposition to win games; not an easy ask against the bigger teams.

No Aquilani... :@

Glad Enrique starts, just can not believe that Aquilani is not playing in the midfield. Really hope Roman signs him for Chelsea and drops his pursuit of Modric, Aquilani was one of the best players on the pitch for Italy and in LFC pre season and he can't even push Charlie Adam out of the lineup?

*Annoyed*

Galliani needs to bring him home to Italy or CFC need to smarten up and sign him, can not believe that he isn't playing Vs Sunderland at home...

Also annoyed that no one on Soccer Saturday even mentioned Aquilani's name...Yet they mentioned Spearing?

Come home Alberto where the fans appreciate you, better yet come to Chelsea...

Back