The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I have never rated Pachecho and thats being honest, Can do it at lower level and in youth but cant step up

You're silly then. Sorry, but you've never rated him? he's easily been the stand out in the reserves since he joined. Yes, I know it's the reserves, but there's hardly been chances.

You're silly then. Sorry, but you've never rated him? he's easily been the stand out in the reserves since he joined. Yes, I know it's the reserves, but there's hardly been chances.

Sorry but he will not do anything at LFC, simply not good enough.. he's had chances in the first team and played poorly .. seems to look amazing at youth and reserve level but has never stepped up

Sorry but he will not do anything at LFC, simply not good enough.. he's had chances in the first team and played poorly .. seems to look amazing at youth and reserve level but has never stepped up

He's not had chances in the first team. He's played against Northampton, when everyone played **** and he was out of position. And a 10 minute sub appearance were he nearly scored against Fiorentina, other than that; I don't think he's ever played.

When has he been given more than 10 minutes? I'd say he stepped up for Norwich on loan last year..

Not sure if people can dismiss or hype Pacheco, hardly had a sniff of top flight football

He's not had chances in the first team. He's played against Northampton, when everyone played **** and he was out of position. And a 10 minute sub appearance were he nearly scored against Fiorentina, other than that; I don't think he's ever played.

When has he been given more than 10 minutes? I'd say he stepped up for Norwich on loan last year..

he has played 5 times,
2 starts v Northampton and someone i cant remember, in the league cup
3 times off the bench

its only my opinion but he aint gunna make for us, as for stepping up at norwich, he made 6 appearances with 4 coming of the bench in the last 10-20mins,, hardly stepping up

God! Really hope we don't sign Cahill. Such an average player.

Shawcross or Samba for me.

I rate Cahill. He isn't a current England CB for being average. Why is he so coveted by the top clubs if he's just so-so ? There's a big question mark over Dann's long term fitness; we really need a good CB who can be relied upon not to continually pick uo knocks over a season. Cahill is such a player - Dann to date is not. Dan Agger would possibly have been known as LFC's greatest ever CB if it weren't for his appalling injury record - we need someone of his class without the continuous fitness niggles. Cahill could well be that player - if FSG are prepared to spend £15m on a CB.

he has played 5 times,
2 starts v Northampton and someone i cant remember, in the league cup
3 times off the bench

its only my opinion but he aint gunna make for us, as for stepping up at norwich, he made 6 appearances with 4 coming of the bench in the last 10-20mins,, hardly stepping up

Not enough to judge a player on. Last year, he was voted footballer of the week in the world. 5 games, 3 subs is nothing.

I hope im completely wrong, cus it would be nice having the next big thing in the LFC reserves,

But at 20 years old and still not being given a meaningful chance by more than 1 manager now must say something, I mean N'gog is in front of him :L

I rate Cahill. He isn't a current England CB for being average. Why is he so coveted by the top clubs if he's just so-so ? There's a big question mark over Dann's long term fitness; we really need a good CB who can be relied upon not to continually pick uo knocks over a season. Cahill is such a player - Dann to date is not. Dan Agger would possibly have been known as LFC's greatest ever CB if it weren't for his appalling injury record - we need someone of his class without the continuous fitness niggles. Cahill could well be that player - if FSG are prepared to spend £15m on a CB.

God. Do you have any of your own opinions? "Oh I know, he's played for England 3 times, he must be good."

Just because big clubs are apparently after him that doens't mean he is a good player. The reason people rate him so much is because he is English. He is simply overrated.

And I never mentioned Dann, I said I'd rather Shawcross or Samba. But from what I can see, Scott Dann doesn't have that bad an injury record.

And I have to laugh at the part where you compared Agger to Cahill.

God. Do you have any of your own opinions? "Oh I know, he's played for England 3 times, he must be good."

Just because big clubs are apparently after him that doens't mean he is a good player. The reason people rate him so much is because he is English. He is simply overrated.

And I never mentioned Dann, I said I'd rather Shawcross or Samba. But from what I can see, Scott Dann doesn't have that bad an injury record.

And I have to laugh at the part where you compared Agger to Cahill.

Calm down mate. I was just expressing my personal opinion is all.

Cahill & Dann are the two names most mentioned in the LFC forums I've read, hence the comparisons. Shawcross is OK but nothing special imo. Samba is not on the LFC radar as far as I know, at least I've never seen him mentioned by ITKs in any capacity regarding a move. Realistically it's either Cahill, Dann or Shawcross who'll be our next CB import I believe. I just hope it's Cahill that's all for the reasons I previously mentioned.

Dann missed half of last season through injury so I reckion that gives rise for genuine concern as regards his fitness. He was missed badly by the Brums so there's no doubting his ability - just his fitness.

Cahill isnt over-rated, he is a very good defender, good reader of the ball and a good tackler. Better on the ball than Dann or Shawcross, but not as aggressive. Needs to get about his tackling more, but his clearances are second to none. guess it depends on what kind of defender you want

And before you lambast anyone for "not having their own opinion" calling someone over-rated becuase they are english is one of the laziest cliches out there

Last edited:
Didn't Cahill reject Man City because they weren't offering the wages he wanted?
If so...

Didn't Cahill reject Man City because they weren't offering the wages he wanted?
If so...

If he can't get the salary he wants from 'Money makes The World Go Around' Citeh, then I suggest he lower his expectations somewhat - otherwise he'll be staying at his present club a while longer. I hope he comes to his senses before September 1st.

If so...

i think thats more rumours that anything

But like i said Cahill to Liverpool and i would be a happy man, Agger and Cahill CB for after carragher would be very good, if agger can stay fit that is

Cahill isnt over-rated, he is a very good defender, good reader of the ball and a good tackler. Better on the ball than Dann or Shawcross, but not as aggressive. Needs to get about his tackling more, but his clearances are second to none. guess it depends on what kind of defender you want

Jamie would show him how to get blood on his boots. Legally. I hope. ;)

Weren't we really after Kjaer at one point? Him and Agger at the heart of our defence sounds pretty good to me..

Great news:
Liverpool FC
Milan Jovanovic has today completed his move from Liverpool to Anderlecht. More on .tv shortly.

Taken from LFC official Facebook page

Now to get rid of Joe Cole..

Going to be more of a challenge I reckon. He wants to stay and "fight" for his place. In other words he will be happy to warm the bench for £100k a week.

Back