The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Now to get rid of Joe Cole..

mission-impossible-foto-numero-6.jpg

I had read recently that the Valencia match was going to be on ESPN but I just read it's only available on LFC TV Online. Anyone want to clear this up for me? If it's only on LFC TV Online then nobody can stream it without having terrible quality.

I had read recently that the Valencia match was going to be on ESPN but I just read it's only available on LFC TV Online. Anyone want to clear this up for me? If it's only on LFC TV Online then nobody can stream it without having terrible quality.

Its on ESPN tomorrow at 5pm.

Going to be more of a challenge I reckon. He wants to stay and "fight" for his place. In other words he will be happy to warm the bench for £100k a week.

A true labour of Hercules I fear. We may be doing him a miservice of course - he may imagine he's got a chance to be a regular first team starter. Shyeah - & monkeys will fly out of my **** ! (as a great man once said wisely).

It's got to be the money hasn't it ? Playing football has naught to do with it. I wonder if he'll be booed onto (& off) the pitch next season ? It's not the Liverpool way but I wouldn't be surprised at all. :@

Predicted line up for first Premiership game anybody???
Heres mine

Suarez---Carroll
Downing---------------------------------Kuyt
Lucas----Aquilani
Johnson----Agger----Carragher----Kelly
Reina

Subs:
Doni
Skretel
Robinson
Adam
Mereilles
Henderson
Ngog(or new striker)

Suarez may start on the bench (he must be knackered after the CA) therefore Kuyt would play in his stead. Lucas might start (as his tournament finished earlier), if not well.... there's only Spearing isn't there who can play defensively in the middle ? I'd expect Adam to start ahead of Aqua simply because of the uncertainty surrounding the latter's future. Henderson on the right of midfield. If Enrique arrives in time he may get thrown in at the deep end straight away, in which case Johnson plays on the right, otherwise the back line should appear as you suggest mate.

Last edited:
what just happened.... 1-0 Liverpool.

EDIT- OH FFS!!!!!! Glen Johnson is injured and has been replaced by Kelly.

anyone watching the liverpool valencia game on ESPN?

its 1-0 to pool Through a Carroll tap in

Wached the first half but heading to the pub now. Might be on there too so might catch the end of it. :)

Other news: PSG are now in pole position to sign Joe Cole. There one of the few clubs that could offer him enough to actually leave. Lets hope its true.

Back monday, have a good weekend guys. YNWA :)

Cahill isnt over-rated, he is a very good defender, good reader of the ball and a good tackler. Better on the ball than Dann or Shawcross, but not as aggressive. Needs to get about his tackling more, but his clearances are second to none. guess it depends on what kind of defender you want

And before you lambast anyone for "not having their own opinion" calling someone over-rated becuase they are english is one of the laziest cliches out there

Lazy cliche? Not my fault his argument was "He's not a current England CB for nothing." When obviously, that's irrelevant.

EDIT: Infact, how about this. Manu del Moral started Spain's last match, he is a current Spanish ST. He is instantly World's best striker.

Howdoesoneintologic?

Last edited:
The talk of the terrace!: Tottenham to lodge surprise bid for Liverpool star
The Londoners are preparing for the seemingly inevitable departure of Luka Modric to Chelsea, who are believed to on the verge of submitting a £30m bid for the Croatian, and have identified Lucas as an option. With Wilson Palacios also likely to leave White Hart Lane with Stoke City interested in taking him on, the need to bolster the squad becomes clear.

not a prayer! but it would be intereseting to see some reactions form both sets of fans.

Lazy cliche? Not my fault his argument was "He's not a current England CB for nothing." When obviously, that's irrelevant.

EDIT: Infact, how about this. Manu del Moral started Spain's last match, he is a current Spanish ST. He is instantly World's best striker.

Howdoesoneintologic?
1. You just agreed that him being a current England CB shows he is good.
2. He never claimed he was the worlds best CB.
3. You're an idiot.

1. You just agreed that him being a current England CB shows he is good.
2. He never claimed he was the worlds best CB.
3. You're an idiot.

Jesus. How to put this simply?

1. Sarcasm.
2. Exaggeration for effect.
3. No u.

Predicted line up for first Premiership game anybody???
Heres mine

Suarez---Carroll
Downing---------------------------------Kuyt
Lucas----Aquilani
Johnson----Agger----Carragher----Kelly
Reina

Subs:
Doni
Skretel
Robinson
Adam
Mereilles
Henderson
Ngog(or new striker)

Not bad, although my guess is Suarez won't be playing against Sunderland; Kenny will let him rest and bring him in for the Arsenal game, perhaps. So personally I think we'll be lining up with:

-----------------Carroll-------------------

Downing----------------------------Kuyt

--------Adam--Lucas--Meireles----------

Aurelio----Agger----Carragher----Kelly

-----------------Reina--------------------

Now that Johnson's injured it'll be Aurelio on the left. Henderson hasn't convinced me in the warm-up games, so I'd rather see Meireles return and renew his partnership with Lucas. And Adam just seems a bigger part of Kenny's plans that Aquilani, despite the latter's impressive pre-season form.

For me the only problem to this line-up is that Kuyt isn't the best crosser of the ball, (and the left half of our defense might crumple into an injured heap). =P

On our website the transfer section and its been going on for some time now i think we will sign him soon dont you think? :)

Back