The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't see Arsenal keeping a top 4 place, cesc out, nasri pretty much on his way too and RVP is expected to be the next one to go. They've brought in kids but atm they need real players which they're starting to lose.

Chelsea and Liverpool will fight it out for 3rd and 4th IMO, Chelsea aren't getting any younger and have 4-5 key players 30+. Liverpool have strengthend where they needed too and if the team gel's well and plays to the form they showed later last season they could be in with a decent shout for 3rd.

City will be fighting it out with United IF they keep Tevez, if Tevez goes Aguero will be under huge pressure to take over his role. Dzeko has shown bits of form but never enough to prove he can push City forward and Balotelli has so many issues off the pitch it's hard to see him doing that great on it.

United are a shoe in for 1st, team that plays well together, never gives up and can carry their form through the season, De Gea could be the big if for them this season.

Sad to say I see United winning it again this season.
For a Liverpool fan, winning the season is a little much this season, top four would be great.

Thanks for the feedback first of all.

I agree with what you're saying about Arsenal but my reasons for them finishing fourth are fairly simple. Spurs have pretty much the same squad as last season at the moment and that wasn't good enough to get them fourth so I don't see them finishing there. With Liverpool they have strengthened greatly, but not really with players that can win them a league title. Enrique is a solid LB, but not a league winning LB. Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson aren't the sort of midfielders who will win you a match single handedly and Stewart Downing is the same. They've got match winners in Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard and Andy Carroll - but Luis Suarez could burnout this season. He had a World Cup last year, then played an entire season, then played the Copa America this summer and now is going to play another full season. If he isn't rotated properly he will burnout. Carroll and Gerrard have both had their injury problems over the last year or two. So if they get injured your depth isn't as strong as say Tottenham or even Arsenal. Arsenal on the other hand have got a heap load of midfielders. They aren't title winners either but they are all very similar in the sense they retain possession well and are all capable of scoring goals. Aaron Ramsey will step in to replace Fabregas and he has the potential to become World Class. Gervinho, Walcott, Arshavin, Rosicky, Chamberlain and Vela are all perfectly capable of playing on the wing to replace Nasri. The only thing they need is a CB which I believe they'll get eventually.

Very professional - do you do presentations for a living ?

As things stand I can see us finishing 4th with maybe a domestic cup under our belts. With a new classy CB I can see us finishing higher than that as the only thing that concerns me about the team is the heart of the defence; Agger will get injured - we could really do with someone just as good but less fragile in. Otherwise we'll leak goals like we did last season & end up having to outscore the opposition to win games; not an easy ask against the bigger teams.

I don't, but I am looking to become a Sports Journalist so I'm blogging currently to get some readers and get my work out there before looking for apprenticeships etc..

I agree with that. Liverpool's midfield has a lot of depth but the rest of the team is struggling with depth. The rest of the defence is either young, old or injury prone - none really in the middle. Agger injury prone, Carragher aging, Skrtel isn't really that good and Krygiakos isn't that great either. Danny Wilson is young, Flanagan is young, Kelly is young, Johnson lacks concentration sometimes and Enrique as I mentioned isn't a league winning LB. Striking options are similar. Kuyt is a good striker but he's a work horse. N'Gog isn't going to win you games by himself and Suarez is likely to burn out at some point. I think next season will be where Liverpool make a real push tbh. This season may have come a bit too soon for them in my opinion.

No Aquilani... :@

Glad Enrique starts, just can not believe that Aquilani is not playing in the midfield. Really hope Roman signs him for Chelsea and drops his pursuit of Modric, Aquilani was one of the best players on the pitch for Italy and in LFC pre season and he can't even push Charlie Adam out of the lineup?

*Annoyed*

Galliani needs to bring him home to Italy or CFC need to smarten up and sign him, can not believe that he isn't playing Vs Sunderland at home...

Also annoyed that no one on Soccer Saturday even mentioned Aquilani's name...Yet they mentioned Spearing?

Come home Alberto where the fans appreciate you, better yet come to Chelsea...

What gives you the impression that our fans don't appreciate Aquilani?

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Odds on Suarez top goalscorer?

Just saw on SSN. 10/1 for Suárez top scorer bud.

Last edited:
Hope Chelsea do go for Aquilani then, clearly not in our plans and we'd get full price for him.

I'm really looking forward to the development of Suso & Sterling. If we handle them well, we could have two world class players on our hands.

documents telling accounts of what happenned at Hilsborough should be shown to the public. i have joined/ signed that petition and hope your supporters get justice.
its only about 1% of us that mock disasters like that and everyone else despises them.

Nicely written mate. Well i agree with some points and disagree with others. I actually think we will grab 4th from Arsenal this year. However I agree if were going to have a good season we cant risk burning Suarez out. He will be an important source of goals for us. Also I think that Lucas could be our stand out performer this season. Glad to see that this was written without Bias :)

That's cos I wrote it ;)

documents telling accounts of what happenned at Hilsborough should be shown to the public. i have joined/ signed that petition and hope your supporters get justice.
its only about 1% of us that mock disasters like that and everyone else despises them.

Thanks mate.

Even Joey Barton is advertising the petition. LAD.

I have signed the petition. Hopefully Justice will be done to all the families.

Rivals or not, everyone should be united for the cause. Even saw Everton fans signing the petition, really pleased with that.

Good luck..

He'll never come back to Liverpool.

Shame, so much promise.

---------- Post added 20/08/2011 at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was 19/08/2011 at 07:56 PM ----------

Love how we afforded to have Suarez, Meireles, Maxi, Skrtel all on the bench. What strength in depth we have now.

Looking to the Exeter game, I see a few of the youths getting a game.

Team I'd like to see:
Doni; Flanagan Kelly Skrtel Robinson; Henderson Spearing Aquilani Meireles; Carroll Morgan

We need to play it around like we did when Suarez is up front when Carroll is playing.
Hoofing it up into the air is all good and well but teams will expect that and they can plan around it, need to get the team moving around him and give him some time with the ball at his feet not just trying to use his head all the time.

Back